Hair One vs Wen IMO

*fabulosity*

I washed again with my Hair One (Olive oil); I'm under the dryer as we speak DC'ing with my MT and Morrocanoil Mask. Overall, and this is probably going to be unpopular...

I like the HAIR ONE over the WEN... now mind you I'm only comparing the Olive Hair One to the WEN Fig. I used over 50 pumps of Hair One today; I got the same tingle that I get when I use Fig. For my review standards; these are the criteria that I used to judge.

1.) Distributability (is that a word?):lachen:
2.) Foaming factor (i mean it's supposed to be "cleaning" that's the point right)
3.) Scent
4.) Price
5.) Availablility

For me; Hair One wins in all the above categories. It goes on WAY easier than WEN. Let a little water get on it and it's foam city. The olive oil one smells like my Olive Oil moisturizer..the same. Not bad; not like Banana Brulee either...but doable.

It's CHEAPER (who cares what the amount is..in this economy..a penny is a penny saved)... It's easily accessible (I don't have to order it and wait..) most I'd have to do is drive around to a few Sally's. AND... I can use my 15% Sally's savings on it... WHICH makes it even cheaper.

I'm going to pick up the jojoba one today with my 15% coupon...maybe I'll stock up.

Just thought I'd make my contribution! Everyone is bound to have a different set of criteria though...

productjunkie814

I am really looking into this...like you said, if I can do this instead of WEN ($wise)...and if it turns out to be a better product...win win for me!:lick:

sowhut

I'm going to look into this. I like the idea of cleansing my hair this way but Wen doesn't like me that much:perplexed.

lmao@ "Distributability"

malachi74

today i picked up the Jojoba HairOne. I wonder how long it'll last though, since you have to pump so many times each wash. OP thanks for your review. I haven't tried the WEN and now that HairOne is there I don't think I will go through the trouble of ordering the WEN, especially if they are essentially the same.

*fabulosity*

That was going to be my question. Out of the 5 points for which you're comparing, none of them are about the effect it has on your hair. Is your hair more or less clean? More or less conditioned? Softer? Fewer tangles?

I'm sorry guys. I thought that was a given.

My hair is bouncier after using this (about the same as wen...still less than Kerastase Bain De Recharge). My hair is a softer grade anyway...so did it maintain the softness...yes. I would hope it was clean :lachen:...but I never have an issue with feeling like there's build up. I don't have many tangles anyway...but once dried..it was really light and held a curl like nobody's business.

Hope that helps... sorry for the 1/2 @$$ed review...:lachen:

Iluvsmuhgrass

Work to do what? Softness, manageability, moisture, shine..

Yeah...all that... or I wouldn't have posted a review saying I liked it.. ;D

Thanks for the reply! lol Now you KNOWWWWWWWWWWWW ya gotta be thorough with the review!!! You know I'm trying to be a recovering PJ. :lol: Glad you liked it! I was wondering about this because it's cheaper but didn't want to experiment at my grass's expense. :look:

shelli4018

I tried the Olive Oil variety last night. So far I like it better than Wen too. But I'll have to use it a few times to be sure. Don't want to wake up 2 weeks from now complaining of build up or some other unforeseen problem. Usually my hair doesn't like cones.

But anywhooo....I washed last night then mixed a bit with grapeseed oil to use as a leave in. My hair feels really good today. I have a ton of new growth and those tight coils feel softer and more manageable with Hair One.

Coffee

I used the Hair One Olive Oil condish today and I LOVE IT :heart2: !! I clarified my hair before using to get the WEN out, so I could see and feel any difference. My hair was soft, easy to comb though, just felt great! I would serioulsy consider using this if it was as cost effective as WEN. I know when I run out of WEN there is an alternative that I can use!!

Last edited:

chebaby

i never used hair one and dont plan to but i used wen twice this weekend and my hair is soooooooooo soft. i love it. i have the sweet almond mint and it smells good to me. also i dont know what chaz is talking about using all those pumps because i can use 8 pumps to cover my whole head and get the job done and i am past apl.

LaReyna756

i never used hair one and dont plan to but i used wen twice this weekend and my hair is soooooooooo soft. i love it. i have the sweet almond mint and it smells good to me. also i dont know what chaz is talking about using all those pumps because i can use 8 pumps to cover my whole head and get the job done and i am past apl.

Why aren't you planning on trying the hair one? Is it because of the ingredients?

poookie

thanks for the review, OP!!!

i used the olive oil (sitting under the dryer now), and it felt amazing. you don't need a ton of pumps to cover your entire head of hair. it left ZERO buildup, and i felt a cooling sensation (menthol is an ingredient). my scalp's never felt this clean. my hair also feels SUPERBLY soft and moisturized (but i'm relaxed, so i'm not sure how it would affect natural / texlaxed hair).

i'm noticing something funny, though. i followed the directions exactly as they were on the bottle, left it on for a total of 10 minutes, rinsed it all out, then put in 2 pumps as a leave-in.

went to put flexi-rods in my hair... then 45 minutes later, i'm feeling really, really woozy. like, just waking up from a hangover without the headache and nausea woozy.

did this, by any chance, happen to anyone else? i wonder if it's the menthol. :perplexed:

not going to stop using this stuff, though!!! it's amazing!!! :grin:

Last edited:

Aggie

Work to do what? Softness, manageability, moisture, shine..

Yeah...all that... or I wouldn't have posted a review saying I liked it.. ;D

fab, thanks for the review. I was thinking that perhaps you could edit your original post to include what's in this post:look:. Just a thought.

JerriBlank

I tried the Olive Oil variety last night. So far I like it better than Wen too. But I'll have to use it a few times to be sure. Don't want to wake up 2 weeks from now complaining of build up or some other unforeseen problem. Usually my hair doesn't like cones.

But anywhooo....I washed last night then mixed a bit with grapeseed oil to use as a leave in. My hair feels really good today. I have a ton of new growth and those tight coils feel softer and more manageable with Hair One.
That's what i'm really worried about.
Those cones are just too high up...i dunno...i'll wait a while...

zanna

I tried the olive oil one and I am sold! I love it. My detangling my hair in the shower was a dream( I have 2 inches of natural hair growing out now and detangling the 2 textures after washing my scalp can be a challenge for me), my wide tooth comb was gliding through my hair with HaireOne. My hair was soft and supple and I could comb it well to put them in bantu knots( before that was challenge too!). I love it. I have never tried Wen but according to the decriptions on the Wen Infomercial, I would think it fits the descriptions given for Wen. I am not sure that Wen is better because it's the real thing, but since I cannot afford Wen I will settle for HairOne.

Zanna

Aggie

I tried the olive oil one and I am sold! I love it. My detangling my hair in the shower was a dream( I have 2 inches of natural hair growing out now and detangling the 2 textures after washing my scalp can be a challenge for me), my wide tooth comb was gliding through my hair with HaireOne. My hair was soft and supple and I could comb it well to put them in bantu knots( before that was challenge too!). I love it. I have never tried Wen but according to the decriptions on the Wen Infomercial, I would think it fits the descriptions given for Wen. I am not sure that Wen is better because it's the real thing, but since I cannot afford Wen I will settle for HairOne.

Zanna

thanks for the review zanna. I am now stretching my relaxer, (currently 9 weeks so far) and waiting for my Hair One to get here. I think I got an email stating that it's been shipped so I will check my post office on Monday.

Aggie

That's what i'm really worried about.
Those cones are just too high up...i dunno...i'll wait a while...

Hmmm, my hair seem to love cones thank God, so I won't have a problem with it. It's amazing how so many people's hair is sooo different, huh?

kitanixon

Thanks for the reviews you ladies are so helpful i am glad i finally decided to join i would just be on here for product reviews but i am so happy i can talk now lol

NikkiGirl

I have been using the Hair One for a couple of months. Got the suggestion from Traycee, and I love it. It leaves my hair very soft and manageable.