Product Review: Darcy’s Botanicals Curl Moisturizing Conditioner

AudraChanell

Product Review: Darcy’s Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner

PRODUCT REVIEW: Darcy’s Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner (8 oz.) $12

Product: Light, divine, pumpkin and nutmeg smell; white, creamy texture

Control: CO-washing out a protective style

Hair State: 6 day old flat twists unraveled

Timing: 2 minutes for one co-wash, wore for rest of day

My Hair: 3c, Normal Porosity, Medium Density, Transitioning Hair, 4.5” of natural hair, remaining texturized hair hangs 2” below shoulder

Grade: B+ … my hair had slip, felted moisturized, detangled effortlessly!

PROCESS: **Product calls for 15-20 mins
1. Took down my 6-day old flat twists and got in the shower
2. Rinse hair for 1 minute, massaging scalp
3. Used a squeeze to Co-wash scalp for 2 minutes and rinsed
4. Put on 2 more squeezes, saturated ends, then scalp, showered
5. Kept in hair during errands, approx 4 hours.

REVIEW:
I purchased this product after a few ladies raved about it in a “BEST Moisturizing Conditioner” thread on a hair forum. Based on the conviction of the users I felt comfortable enough to order two bottles. This would also help toward Curlmart’s FREE shipping at $50 promo. The shipping and turnaround time from was timely and I really appreciated them taking time to tape the press button top closed for shipping. It comes in an almost homemade product-like packaging and the price point for amount per usage, it states use a generous amount, which is roughly a little less than a golf ball to me, is good.

I got in the shower and rinsed my hair thoroughly because I wasn’t using any shampoo. The product came out of the bottle-opening well and by God …. it smelled WONDERFUL!!! I didn’t smell it right away, but when I did I said how pleasant! I could feel the conditioner melt into my hair as I stroked down my strands and worked the product in. I smiled the entire time I massaged my hair, taking in the fragrance and enjoying the texture of my hair. This made me quite anxious to see how much slip I’d have when I rinsed it out later that evening. :lick:

>>>>4 Hours Later<<<

I rinsed my hair in the sink and dried my hair with a tee shirt. My hair was INDEED thoroughly moisturized!! I was able to blow dry with nothing else added because it’s one my methods to tell how well a product moisturizes my hair. It got a B+! I then put in a little grape seed oil and about 10 spirally, pin curls so I can wear a MASSIVE, textured, faux set.

This will stay in rotation and is definitely a winner!

Last edited:

RUBY

OP that was a very detailed reviewed. I have this conditioner and think its good so I agree and give it the thumbs up.

Britt

I love this conditioner. I wish it were in a jar b/c it's soooo thick. I've had to cut open bottles before to get out the very last drop. I use this generously with a heat cap.

Your hair looks sooo soft. I'd never think you are 6 months post.

gorgeoushair

This has been on my to buy list for a while now. Thanks for the review. You gave a very detailed and good review.

Kindheart

it's a very popular conditioner ,i absolutley love it too ,it leaves my hair very moisturized .Great pics OP !

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Thanks for the thorough review OP. I have yet to try this con...I'm determined to order this soon and try it out. And your hair looks amazing! This may take the place of other cowash cons I have and use if it's as good as you ladies rave about.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Angelbean

I ordered from DB's etsy shop because I heard ording from her website takes forever to ship! I got this conditioner for free when I ordered the cocobean hair whip can't wait to try both!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Bought a 16oz during one of her last Sales and surprisingly just got another 16oz on a Swap (it was in a box with a few other goodies).

So, I'm good on this one.

Britt

I still love this conditioner. It is truly a staple. I can imagine steaming with the deliciousness that this is. The deep conditioner is bomb too, it's even more rich and thick than the pumpkin seed.