Weight Loss & Hair Growth Challenge 2012 Q1

dancinstallion

Count me in!

I spent 20 minutes working on a thoughtful response to all your questions and for some reason when i hit submit LHCF had signed me out and not saved the text. I'm annoyed.

will come back later to repost.

I learned my lesson from that too many times. So I always copy the text before I hit submit just in case.

kblc06

What's your main motivation:
I want to get my body back to where it used to be (36-22-36) and I want to finally make it to at least WHIP length. I've been on both journey's too long and would've been there had I been consistent.

How often will you update your progress in this thread?
Probably monthly

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 246 (14 lbs lost since Thanksgiving, and 20 lbs total from my absolute highest). I plan to lose 10-12 lbs by the end of January

Current hair length: BSL/MBL

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) weight loss/BMI goal:
Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) hair goal: Ideally, I'd like to lose between 20-35 lbs. I would like to be full MBL, grazing WL.

Full Year 2012 weight loss/BMI goal: My total goal over the course of 2012 is to lose at least 70-80 lbs from my current weight

Full Year 2012 hair goal: Full HIP length or at least HIP. Fortunately my growth rate increases with consistent exercise and a healthy diet

Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: More than reaching an ideal weight, I'd like to reach my ideal measurements or come with in a close range. My measurement goal for this year is 38-25-39. I'd also like to work maximizing the thickness of my hair and limiting my heat usage.

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal?I will continue to plan my workout calendar each month and complete all the workouts listed. I will make a better attempt to eat cleanly (lean protein w/veggies, very limited complex carbs, water) more often, at least 5-6x per week.

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? Protective style under wigs, wash & DC 1x per week, moisturize and heavy sealing with Vaseline. I may throw in a co-wash mid week. Take my vitamins (GNC HSN, MSM, Calcium w/ Vit D, Folic Acid, Garlic, and Vitamin E)

What resources will you use to help measure or achieve your weight loss goals? This forum of course :yep:, exerciseTV.com, shapefit.com

My answers are in blue

Last edited:

Charla

My main motivation for weight loss is multiple -- I want to feel good about the way I look. I want to keep my heart healthy. I want to stay active for my boys.
My main motivation for growing my hair long is that I never thought black women could do it without having "those" genes. So now that I know it's possible for me, nothing's holding me back from getting hair down my back!

Weekly-biweekly

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers):
Current weight is 226, I think. (I'll be more accurate when I purchase a scale.)

Current hair length:
SL

12 lbs loss

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) hair goal:
This pic was taken 12/20. I've since trimmed 0.25-0.5" all over. By end of March I hope to be at the 10.5 mark on my shirt.

Full Year 2012 weight loss/BMI goal:
Goal weight loss 40-45 lbs loss. This will put me in a very shapely size 12-14 with a flat stomach and still have curve in my hips and a little booty! (How do I know? Because I did it 3 years ago!)

Full Year 2012 hair goal:
By December I will be at least BSB.

Any other specific goals you'd like to reach:
Flat stomach, fit arms, no jiggle in my thighs, be comfortable wearing shorts again. For hair, thick, full, strong and long!

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal?
Upping my protein and reducing simple carbs. More fresh fruits and veggies. Daily treadmill on the hills and valleys setting. (I've given this a lot of thought, and concluded it's best for my continued motivation to fight through giving up.)

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal?
PS almost 100%. (braids, wigs) Sulfur oil. Deep conditioning weekly. M/P balance always in check.

What resources will you use to help measure or achieve your weight loss goals?
I've already started incorporating MUFAs, Flat Belly Diet style. (This is how I lost the weight the first time.)
Keep reminding myself that all the vitamins in the world won't make as much of a difference in my hair or health if I'm not physically active.

manter26

This goes with my other challenges, so I might as well...

I'm overweight with short hair. :look:

weekly, if I remember

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers):
5'5" BMI 27.2

Current hair length:
APL

Short term goal BMI 22.5; long term BMI 20

Full APL

BMI 20 or below

Full Year 2012 hair goal:
BSL or longer

Any other specific goals you'd like to reach:
Body fat percentage in the teens: 16-20%; <or = 24" waist; and the arduous thigh gap

Track nutrition (mostly vegan eating), exercise daily (or 6 days/week), water fast 1-2 days a week, Cardio, strength and yoga for about 1 hr total a day.

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal?
Protective styling, low manipulation, exercise daily or almost daily, daily vitamins

Health and Fitness forum (on here), Lose It app for food and weight tracking, Gym Goal app for measurement tracking, Shred It and 30 Day Shred DVDs, Yoga app, Exercise TV...

Last edited:

hola_lo2002

Count me in!!!

What's your main motivation: I want to be and feel healthier. I'm tired of feeling tired
How often will you update your progress in this thread? weekly

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 160 lbs

Current hair length: WL when straight

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) weight loss/BMI goal: I'm expecting to weight around 150 lbs

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) hair goal: I'll probably still be WL

Full Year 2012 weight loss/BMI goal: My ideal goal is 147 lbs ( if I weight less than that I look like a sick bag of bones lol!!!)

Full Year 2012 hair goal: MBL when my hair is curly

Any other specific goals you'd like to reach:drop 2 dress sizes. Currently I'm a size 8

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? I'll keep on exercising with Turbofire DVDs and P90X
What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? Weekly DC, moisturise and seal daily; take hair vitamins

What resources will you use to help measure or achieve your weight loss goals? food and exercise diary

Charla

Full Year 2012 weight loss/BMI goal: My ideal goal is 147 lbs ( if I weight less than that I look like a sick bag of bones lol!!!)

Yep! When my weight goes below 150, I look like a cr**ckhead and my collarbone sticks out so much that I've actually been asked on numerous occassions, "What's wrong with that bone?" :lol: I'm literally a big-boned person. That's why about 180-185 looks nice, shapely and healthy on me.

StylishNikki87

Count me in!!! This will be my first challenge. I'm excited!!! I will post pics later this week.

What's your main motivation: This past year, I have gained 25 lbs, completely stopped exercising, and just become lazy. I feel motivated to lose the weight and become more healthy because diabetes and high blood pressure run in my family, and I don't want to get sick. As far as my hair goes, I have a long term hair goal of hip length, so I just want to keep growing.

How often will you update your progress in this thread? My goal will be to update weekly, but I will probably look in more often.

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 5'1; CW: 135; BMI: 25.5

Current hair length: Just past BSL

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) weight loss/BMI goal: 120; BMI: 22.7. This will be 15 lbs, I think that that is realistic for 3 months.

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) hair goal: I would like to be MBL or almost MBL by the end of Q1.

Full Year 2012 weight loss/BMI goal: By the end of Dec. I want to be at 110 lbs.

Full Year 2012 hair goal: My full year goal is waist length.

Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: I am going to begin running at the beginning of the year and by the end of the year, I would like to be able to run a half marathon. I am also planning on taking better care of my ends, so I plan on having beautiful, thick, not split ends.

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? I will be cutting back on the fried foods(chicken), eating more raw vegetables, and exercising more.

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? I will continue protective styling. I will be wahing my hair only once a week and deep conditioning before and using butters to style after. I will also be doing more styling with hair sticks instead of elastics to reduce breakage.

What resources will you use to help measure or achieve your weight loss goals? I will be using an exercise, food, and hair diary to keep track of what is working and what isn't helping my progress. I will also be using a good old fashion scale, and pictures are always motivation to stay on track.

Attachments

• 100_0213.jpg
    100_0213.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_0220.jpg
    100_0220.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

grownupnai

I said i would update on sunday but the holidays got to me.

SW: 12/18/2011 205lbs BMI 28.6
CW: 12/29/2011 200.6lbs BMI 28

Next Sunday is New years day. I wont weigh in for two weeks. My STG for January 8th is 198lbs
That's 2 1/2 lbs in 11 days. I think I can do it :)

woo hoo
I lost 3 1/2 lbs in 11 days during xmas

What I did

I didn't eat as clean as i wanted to. We moved apartments and so there has been a lot of stress and no time to cook. I did say no to temptations and din't eat any sugar. I tried to eat healthier options when we ate out for example.

I have eaten
Croissants, rice and beans, lots of veges and veggie soups. Thai soups, Vietnamese soups with rice noodles and lots of veges.

It wasn't always clean, but i tried to limit my caloric intake to 1500 a day.

Last edited:

Marceline

Looking forward to this!!!

What's your main motivation: I have gained 100 lbs since I met my bf (5 yrs ago). I need to lose ALL of that weight and then some. Also, in December 2011 I overprocessed my hair, and my thick collarbone-length hair turned into thin, limp, barely shoulder-length hair. I haven't had a relaxer since then, and I cut off all the relaxed ends. Now I have my thickness back, but I want my length as well.

How often will you update your progress in this thread? Every weekend, at least.

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): BMI is 48.3

Current hair length: Somewhere between chin and shoulder-length (stretched). Not uniform.

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) weight loss/BMI goal: Want to get to a BMI of 39.9.

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) hair goal: Want my longest layers to be shoulder-length when stretched.

Full Year 2012 weight loss/BMI goal: BMI of 29.1 (Still overweight, but MUCH healthier, and I wear that weight well)

Full Year 2012 hair goal: Just below shoulder length all over, blunt cut.

Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: I would like to wear shorts this summer without feeling self-conscious. I haven't worn them since 2007.
Also, I would like to be able to pull my all of hair back into a nice ponytail without having to use gel to keep the sides back. :nono:

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? I bought a gym membership today, so I will be working out EVERY DAY if possible. I will also be planning my meals and eating better.

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? I will find a low manipulation hairstyle, deep condition at least weekly, tie my hair at night, and do search-and-destroy on splits.

What resources will you use to help measure or achieve your weight loss goals? I will be journaling my food and workouts. Also, I have a workout partner... hopefully she shows up! My coworkers are also making some health goals for the new year, so I will have some positive support.

**** I will post pics when I can.

drmuffin

Saving my spot until I get home! Back in a few with the details!

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

prettybyrd

I need this so much - I'm going to give this a shot for Q1. Please see my starting pic as my siggy. (I changed to this pic specifically for the presence of back-fat. :look: I was the only one who didn't know it is this bad back there, how's that for cruel fate!)

What's your main motivation: I feel like I am not living my best life. There are times that I postpone (cancel) reunions, don't get in on photos, or spend too much time home because I've gained weight (back)and I don't want to be around others out of shame. It's just sad and stupid! I'm motivated to improve my health, but I also need to improve my life. I noticed this happening around June/July after I saw some pics of myself at a function where I felt very pretty - but the pics didn't validate my feelings! I'm ready for the outside to match the inside - in all ways. :yep:

How often will you update your progress in this thread? I will be updating my weight on a weekly basis - Sunday mornings. I will be updating my hair's progress on a quarterly basis unless something extraordinary happens.

Current weight ... this question... BMI = 41.6 :)nono: for shame, for shame...)

Current hair length: I am currently inching towards APL.

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) weight loss/BMI goal: 37.5 lbs lost by March 31, 2012

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) hair goal: I'd like to be 1 inch away from APL

Full Year 2012 weight loss/BMI goal: I would like to be at my goal weight of 150 lbs by December 31, 2012. I don't have a BMI goal, because it is my intention to strength train, and BMI doesn't take muscle mass into consideration.

Full Year 2012 hair goal: I am visualizing myself at BSL by December 31, 2012

Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: I want to have a fitness routine and clean eating lifestyle. I want to bellydance, (learn to) swim, and take yoga regularly throughout the year, and then continue on.

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? I will be continuing my low-carb eating, and daily exercising.

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? I'm giving up heat for 2012. Hopefully this translates into great retention.

What resources will you use to help measure or achieve your weight loss goals? I keep track of my weight and food intake on myfitnespal.com, I'm Prettybyrd there too if you want to friend me! I also have a weight loss album on fotki.

ebsalita

Wow this is great - so many fab reasons we're all joining - cool. I haven't looked at this thread purposely (so I wouldn't feel even the slightest bit guilty) as I gave myself time off from healthy eating so I could "enjoy" Christmas properly - everything was delicious, it tasted great.... now back to normal :grin:

:welcome: to all the new joiners! Please forgive me if I've missed any of you (I'll check I've included everyone tomorrow my eyes are tired and unreliable right now) - if you've marked your spot, then please be sure to come back and fill the form in.

justicefighter1913, Aggie, prettybyrd, drmuffin, leslieerin82, StylishNikki87, hola_lo2002, mzteaze, manter26, Fab79, Bluetopia, JustGROWwithIt, LaBelleLL, islanchile, Ms_CoCo37, Kerryann, SouthernStunner, MangaManiac, ladysaraii

I'll update tomorrow - I expect to have gained a few pounds, but hey - it's Christmas :yep: No worries, I'll be sure to get rid of the lbs in 2012.

Last edited:

ebsalita

Firstly an update:

Weight: I have gained 3lbs over Christmas :ohwell: Putting this into perspective - I'm grateful that because I've already made such progress this year, I'm not standing on the scales the heaviest I've ever been in my life. This happened to me last Christmas, when I went up to nearly 130lbs.

Hair: I've done a little trim with my splitender and a mini S&D. Gave myself a protein treatment followed by some moisture and my hair feels much stronger. I've also started to use Alpecin caffeine treatment to cut shedding - I tend to shed a bit more when I'm under pressure so this is more of a preventative measure- it's a lot more convenient and pleasant than tea rinses. I'm thinking of braiding my hair just to give a break from heat and manipulation.

Second:

Here's my latest length check pic as promised in my second post:

I have always had fine hair since I was a child and it always looks particulary pitiful when I have it bone straight for length checks. It's just the way it is - I have no bald patches and have hair all over my head, I just have thin strands and low density, lol!

That said, I've really got to change my hair habits. I'm going to find a braider and use braids as a PS for a while - maybe until end of the 1st quarter??

Renewed1

First Update:

I maintained my current weight, but my stomach went down dramatically. I just bought a blender to start my juice fast on 1/1. I just have to go to the grocery store to rack up on veggies.

I'm thinking about juicing for at least 5 days; no food. I need to clean out my system.

I'm going to buy Aphogee Protein for my hair. I'm going to clip my ends really good this weekend.

LuvlyRain3

im definitely joining this challenge!! will be back later with my answers and pics

eta

What's your main motivation: ever since i moved to a new town (that is extremely dry and boring) time that used to go to hanging out and exploring the world has been replaced with snacking which has caused me to gain back all the weight that i had lost earlier this year:nono:. i need to take control of the situation
How often will you update your progress in this thread? [Daily, weekly?]- as often as possible. i will definitely be holding myself accountable for all my actions (or lack there of)

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 200lb :sad:

Current hair length: hanging out between sl and apl

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) weight loss/BMI goal: my goal is to lose 20lbs this quarter

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) hair goal: if i made it to apl during this quarter i definitely wouldnt be mad about that

Full Year 2012 weight loss/BMI goal: i want to get down to 150lbs im 5
'7 so i think i would be comfortable with my body at that height and weight.

Full Year 2012 hair goal: full bsb

Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: i definitely want to tone up my arms and legs. ive never had noticable muscle definition so that would be nice. i also want a more toned back.

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? Everything!! They finally opened a decent gym out here and i will be signing up this week. i will also exercise more self control and awareness. its so easy to go from eating two chips to eating the whole bag without even realizing it.

i will be using some kind of food diary app on my ipod

Last edited:
Suprisingly I did not gain any weight during Christmas....I'll check again on Monday just to make sure, but as of right now I'm still 205. I plan on keeping my hair braided underneath a wig. I so don't want to see my hair right now...I'm totally disgusted with it....hopefully this challenge will help...heck, at this point I'm hoping that anything will help.

What's your main motivation: Honestly, I don't feel like I'm living my life to the fullest. I can't wear cute clothing and I hate taking pictures. I used to love taking pictures...but now I hate it. I have looking at myself in the mirror...particularly when I have few clothes on. (Yeah I know, but at least I'm being honest). I'll be 30 this year and I want to look and feel my best!

How often will you update your progress in this thread? I plan on updating weekly. Hopefully I'll be able to update on Sundays.

Current weight ...205 lbs and a freaking 40 inch waist and 46 inch bust....too much...

Current hair length: Well, thought that I was gettign closer to APL, but after the past several weeks it looks like I'm a little past SL (WTF
:perplexed!!!)

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) weight loss/BMI goal: 30 lbs lost by March 31, 2012

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) hair goal: Who knows...perhaps 1 inch of growth.

Full Year 2012 weight loss/BMI goal: By December 31, 2012, I would like to have lost 65 pounds. That will bring me down to 140 pounds.

Full Year 2012 hair goal: I am visualizing myself at full APL by December 31, 2012

Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: I would like to stick to a routine and be able to run a half marathon this year. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I've got other health issues going on that make it very difficult to do things like that....so here goes....even if I an't run it, perhaps I'll be able to walk it.

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? I will be commit to incorporating more raw veggies and juicing into my diet along with daily exercising.

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? Less manipulation, no heat, keep my hands out of my hair. Braids, braids, and more braids.

What resources will you use to help measure or achieve your weight loss goals? I'm going to keep an online notebook/food diary on sparkpeople. Plus I plan on taking pictures of myself every 10 pounds I lose.

Last edited:

AyannaDivine

Ok count me in!

What's your main motivation: For weight My skinny jeans are my motivation :grin: I had a baby on 9/22/11 and really want to get back down to my pre-prego weight of 135. As far as hair, I want to be APL by April. I can wait to whip that ish!

How often will you update your progress in this thread? weekly

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 157

Current hair length: collarbone

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) weight loss/BMI goal: Goal is 135

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) hair goal: APL by April

Full Year 2012 weight loss/BMI goal: I WILL be at my goal weight of 135 and have a nice toned booty lol

Full Year 2012 hair goal: Somewhere between APL and BSL by December

Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: my arms have always been big for my body. I just want to tone them thangs up so they stop jigglin like Jello. My legs and booty jiggle too :look:

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? Cutting out refined sugar as much as possible. Im such a lush and love to drink beer/wine and thats no bueno if youre trying to lose weight. I'll limit myself to 1 or 2 drinks and only on special occasions. Also, having a newborn makes it really hard to get out and exercise - so Im going to run up and down the staris in my house for cardio.

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? Protective styles as much as possible. Continue keeping my hair moisturized and tangle free.

What resources will you use to help measure or achieve your weight loss goals? Stick to a vegan/ raw diet.

Stiletto_Diva

This is exactly what I need.

What's your main motivation: I need to lose a good 60lbs. I had a baby in may 2011 and I haven't been able to get back to my original weight. As a matter of fact I've gained weight and now weigh as much as I did when I was 9 months pregnant:blush:. This is the heaviest I've ever been an I'm really tired of feeling self conscience. Longer hair will be a benefit of me eating healthier and exercising more.
How often will you update your progress in this thread? Weekly

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 200lbs:blush:

Current hair length: APL

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) weight loss/BMI goal: I want to lose at least 15lbs by March

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) hair goal: I want to be BSL my March

Full Year 2012 weight loss/BMI goal: By the end of the year I would like to weigh 140lbs. A total loss of 60lbs

Full Year 2012 hair goal: I want to be MBL

Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: NOt only do I want to lose weight but I want to be toned

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? To kick start mt weight lose I'm going to do a thirty day juice fast. I'll probably start the fast in February. In the mean time I'm not going to eat as much junk food and incorporate more fruit and veggies into my diet.
What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? I definitely need to up my moisture. I'm also going to keep my hair stretched more often and in protective styles. Stretching my hair helps with length retention

What resources will you use to help measure or achieve your weight loss goals? I'm going to use an app on my phone to keep track of my food intake and exercise.

dancinstallion

Today is the starting day for me!!! Here we go ladies. Happy new Year and a great year it will be when we reach our goals. I am ready to take 2012 by the horns!

I got depressed when it took my twists down on dec 25th and tried to do a length check and it seemed as if I only grew 3 inches in 8 months. I was really upset and I have been feeling down ever since. I try not to think that my hair journey is in vain but really it is. People who big chopped are past my length now and I want to stop trying.

I refuse to give in to that thought or mindset. So I will continue this challenge with my weight loss and put my hair on the back burner and put my twists back. I am going to Start the year off with a bang and a good attitude.

drmuffin

Alright, I'm back with my stats:

What's your main motivation: I joined this challenge b/c I am just simply fed up with how I look, both weight and hair. I'm almost one yr. natural and I just want to retain, retain, RETAIN! I hate the way I look in the mirror. I look slumpy, frumpy, fat, and lost! It's just plain gross. I know I can do better!

How often will you update your progress in this thread? Weekly Starting Jan. 14

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): Sigh. 197

Current hair length: 3 in. (due to a much needed trim)

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) weight loss/BMI goal: 177

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) hair goal: at least 5 in. overall

Full Year 2012 weight loss/BMI goal: at 150. I plan to achieve this in June. July at the latest.

Full Year 2012 hair goal: Full shoulder length stretched.

Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: To transition to a healthy lifestyle and to move to HOUSTON! Whoop!

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? Get back on my Weight Watchers and working out 2x a day, excluding Sundays.

What resources will you use to track your weight loss goal: My handmade cardboard weight loss tracker nailed to my wall. :look:

I'm also taking Alli and OxyElite Pro to supplement my 2x a day workouts and Weight Watchers.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
What's your main motivation: I SOOOO need this challenge. I have put on waaaay too much weight over the past year. Last year I wanted to put on weight to thicken my lower body. My thinking was, that I could work out and shape me some beautiful thick legs. I started taking Maca, which did pack on the weight, BUT it became one of my regular vites. I forgot to stop taking them when I put on the extra thickness. But even so, I didn't feel as big as I look in my latest update pic. Reality slap in the face! And I didn't realize that I was still taking them until I ran out yesterday and realize that's why I've still been gaining. :rolleyes: Needless to say, I have an aggressive new hair goal PLUS I need to slim back down.

And it's not helping that I'm cooking a big New Year's Feast, complete with my arch nemesis...Macaroni and cheese. :eek2: I can NOT resist it. Oh, I want to and I'll try but, I'm already defeated. I'll start my weight loss....tomorrow. :look:

As for my hair, I'm 36 wks post texlax. My bonelaxed ends are looking sparse by comparison so, I plan to trim 4-5 inches, grow that back PLUS! I'm not sure if I want to just chop or trim. I'd love to make TBL. That's mighty aggressive but hey, ya never know. Keeping my TBL goal and going hard with sulfur, vites and visualizing growth. I'm looking forward to what 2012 brings!

How often will you update your progress in this thread? I'm not sure how often I'll update but, I'll be checking in daily just to keep myself on track with fitness. That's gonna be my biggest challenge.

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): Currently the heaviest I've ever been. 168 lbs

Current hair length: Kissing HL but claiming W'hip

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) weight loss/BMI goal: -13 lbs.

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) hair goal: +3"

Full Year 2012 weight loss/BMI goal: 150 lbs

Full Year 2012 hair goal: I'm going for TBL! Yeah, I said it! :grin:

Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: Tone up my back view, whittle my waist and shape my arms.

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? EBetter eating habits, drink more water, working out 6 days a week.

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? Restarting regular use of sulfur mix. Otherwise, same regi

What resources will you use to help measure or achieve your weight loss goals? I'll be using my hair journal, working out at the gym 3 days per week and doing P90X 3days a week on alternating days with the gym. Resting on Sunday.

Here's my starting pic. I swear I don't look as chunky in person but, maybe the camera doesn't lie. In any case, I'm on it 2012 and taking regular pics to keep myself on track. That HYH Challenge kept me from seeing the truth and now I'm all shocked. Whatever man. :ohwell:

Last edited:

JustGROWwithIt

I have this weird thing about starting new goals/plans on Mondays so I will be officially starting tomorrow. I am already starting on my hair goals but my weight loss plan will start tomorrow. I'm still not exactly sure what the plan is, but I will figure something out. I know that by getting my body in better health will help me reach my hair goals as well. I have friends who throw a pool party every year and I need to look decent in a swimsuit!

AyannaDivine

Today is the starting day for me!!! Here we go ladies. Happy new Year and a great year it will be when we reach our goals. I am ready to take 2012 by the horns!

I got depressed when it took my twists down on dec 25th and tried to do a length check and it seemed as if I only grew 3 inches in 8 months. I was really upset and I have been feeling down ever since. I try not to think that my hair journey is in vain but really it is. People who big chopped are past my length now and I want to stop trying.

Don't give up sis! My hair grew slowly after I shaved my head in 09. When I say slow, I mean SLOOWWWW. I was so embarrassed and wore a wig for 12 months so no one would notice that I wasn't getting any growth. Now my hair is growing so fast that I don't know what to do with it. Hang in there.

choconillaprincess

so thrilled about this challenge! i was planning on doing this myself anyway but it's always good to have accountability... so here goes!

i just came home for the first time in a year since joining the military and have become more health conscious and fit since joing... but when i came home i realized my family was just the opposite... most people in my family are overweight/obese and have resulting health complications and it's motivated me to get my own health peek condition (also quitting smoking! day one= no cigarettes!) i hope i can help teach my family by example... as far as hair goes i'm always trying to max out my growth potential!

How often will you update your progress in this thread? weekly at the least

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): bmi is 27.5 weight is 160... but i am heavy into strength/weight training and have discovered weight and body fat are not equal (nor is bmi because it only calculates weight vs height) so i plan on using pictures and bodyfat %to keep progress instead! current bodyfat % is 31%:nono:

Current hair length: full collarbone!

25% bodyfat

brushing APL

15% bodyfat (or less)

Full Year 2012 hair goal: full BSL!!!!

Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: as far as fitness i want to improve my pt test score! and be able to do a pull up! for hair: no heat period!

count calories 2000 calories 5 days a week one cheat day! up the protein intake and raw foods (try to keep bm's green sorry if tmi!)

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? my current reggie has actually been really great so i want to try not to jump on any bandwagons also try to make sure i moisturize seal and baggy more often because i'm a slacker

What resources will you use to help measure or achieve your weight loss goals? my fitnesspal for android, bodybuilding.com (awesome tips on there check it out yall), my new book New Rules of Lifting for Women

anyone else into strength training/ lifting?

starting hair pics:

Ruby True

What's your main motivation: [What's your backstory/ why did you join this challenge/ why do you want to lose weight /grow hair?]
This challenge addresses two of my issues. I just gave away a bunch of clothes because they were too small and some still had on the price tag :ohwell: On top of that I am recovering from a set back where I used henna but did not :ohwell: moisturize properly so I have crown breakage.

How often will you update your progress in this thread? [Daily, weekly?]
I will try to update once a week or at least when necessary.

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): [Enter your current weight and/or BMI]
I think its about BMI 29 or 220 lbs (TMI) but I have to double chk.

Current hair length: [Enter your current hair length]
I am currently in a sew on weave trying to grow out the breakage but I should be neck length.

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) weight loss/BMI goal: [Enter number of lbs or decrease in BMI you expect to achieve in Q1 - make this challenging, but most importantly realistic]
I would not mind 10 lbs or a few inches. I have experienced being heavier but with a lower BMI.

Q1 (01 Jan -31 Mar 2012) hair goal: [Enter hair length you expect to achieve in Q1 - again keep it challenging yet realistic]
Simple on my way to full shoulder length.

Full Year 2012 weight loss/BMI goal: [Where do you see your body in Dec 2012?]
At the end of the year I want to be 185 - 190 lbs Im 5'11 so that is considered good.

Full Year 2012 hair goal: [Where do you see your hair in Dec 2012?]
By the end of the year full shoulder length on my way to apl.

Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: [E.g. drop 2 x dress sizes, be fitter and more able to play with your children, reduced waist/thigh/arm measurement, thicker hair, better condition hair etc etc etc]

Get my sexy back.

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? [E.g. drop 2 x dress sizes, cut no of grams of fat eaten each day be fitter and more able to play with your children, reduced waist/thigh/arm measurement, fit back into your favourite jeans or dress be very specific]
Exercise is not the problem food is. I luv food especially sweets so I have to be diligent.

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? [E.g. Moisturise and seal religiously, weekly DC's cutting out or reducing heat, protective styling, low manipulation - be very specific ... ]
No more band wagons. I am trying to develop a KISS regime with the millions of products I already have.

What resources will you use to help measure or achieve your weight loss goals? [E.g. Android apps or websites for tracking exercise or calories consumed, distance walked, will you keep a food and exercise diary, or follow a particular eating plan or perhaps you will partner with someone with similar goals or exercise with a partner. Please share resources - your idea may help others on the thread]
Besides this forum I already joined another challenge on the fitness forum. I also have the Lose it App.

**I will be back to post my details shortly**