Weight Loss/Hair Growth Pt. 2!

Kerryann

i've been working out twice a day lost 3 pounds last week..
guys ive been doing callanetics as my second workout and seriously its the bomb this is my seond week and i feel so much leaner and my body seems like its morphing into something lovely

oh yeah the hair is growing right now im steaming with jbco

davisbr88

This thread died down!
I just joined Nutrisystem so I am hoping for some loss with that.
What's everyone else doing?

LaidBak

I briaded my hair up and started wearing a wig to help retain my growth. I've been going hard with the growth aides, both oral and topical.
I stopped taking the diet pills I was on, since I didn't feel they were working. But then again, I was only taking them half heartedly. I went on vacation so I haven't been exercising. Trying to get back into my routine this week.

grownupnai

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers):
5'11 215lbs BMI 30

Current hair length:
Mixed 2-3 inches on side and as long as 8-9 inches in the middle and bangs but I refuse to cut it even.

Short-term weight loss/BMI goal:
- 210 by my Birthday January 17th 2012

Short-term hair goal:
6 inches on the sides and back by June 2012 and trim to 11 inches in the middle

Long-term weight loss/BMI goal:

Long-term hair goal:
- SL December 2012
-MBL 2014

ebsalita

This thread died down!
I just joined Nutrisystem so I am hoping for some loss with that.
What's everyone else doing?

Yep guilty - I did go a little quiet, so here's an update:

Start Weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 128.75 pounds 24.7 BMI (I'm petite).
Current Weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 119.25 pounds 22.5 BMI
Current hair length: CBL (closing in on APL)
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: 121 pounds - 22.9 BMI made it! New goal 116lb
Short-term hair goal: APL by Dec 11
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: 111 pounds BMI 21 - this might be too thin, I'll stop if I feel right before I get to this weight
Long-term hair goal: BSL??? - I don't know whether I need that much hair
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: To comfortable fit into a UK size 8 in any shop (think that's a 4 in the USA). I have bought a size 8 dress and I'll try it on every week until it fits. (Haven't tried the dress on in about 10 weeks will do so shortly - I should see some difference in the fit, now I hope)

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? Eating healthily, going to the gym regularly and plenty of sit ups. My challenge is to go to at least one gym class per week in addition to my private sessions. Didn't do that - walking every day for 35 mins and it's working!!

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? Eat less, do more.

How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? At least once a week. (oops!)

How is everyone else getting on?

ebsalita

ANOTHER UPDATE:

(Yesterday was my official weekly weigh day)

Start Weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 128.75 pounds 24.7 BMI (I'm petite).
Current Weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers): 118.25 pounds 22.3 BMI
Current hair length: CBL (closing in on APL)
Short-term weight loss/BMI goal: 121 pounds - 22.9 BMI made it! New goal 116lb
Short-term hair goal: APL by Dec 11
Long-term weight loss/BMI goal: 111 pounds BMI 21 - this might be too thin, I'll stop if I feel right before I get to this weight
Long-term hair goal: BSL??? - I don't know whether I need that much hair
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: To comfortable fit into a UK size 8 in any shop (think that's a 4 in the USA). I have bought a size 8 dress and I'll try it on every week until it fits.

What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? Walking every day for 35 mins and it's working!!

What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? Eat less, do more.

I've done really well with a total of 2.5lbs shed in the last 7 days. The best thing is that I tried on the size 8 dress and it fits, I think a couple more pounds off would mean that it'd hang perfectly on me so I'll just have to keep on doing what I'm doing until I get there. I also tried on some other outfits from my wardrobe that I could no longer fit into and they're looking much much better! I am so pleased with the progress!

ebsalita

Just a few shout outs to the ladies who posted progress updates recently:

Wow, no updates to this thread in 3 weeks? Well, I am down 5lbs and my hair's 'weak side' has caught up nicely with the strong side. I'm sitting at an even SL now.

LaidBak That's great progress - fantastic do keep going!

I'm in need of some accountability. I've gotten really lazy with my weight loss and hair growth so by jumping on this thread I'm hoping to kick my butt back in gear.

Current weight (or BMI if you don't want to include numbers):169 (started at 190)
Current hair length: Full neck to Shoulder length
Short-term weight loss goal: 165
Short-term hair goal: Have enough hair to bun.
Long-term weight loss goal: 120
Long-term hair goal: Brastrap or Midback length
Any other specific goals you'd like to reach: There is a lot that I need to be doing that I'm too scared to do, so I suppose if I find a way to destroy that fear all my other goals will come to fruition.
What will you change/continue in order to reach your weight loss goal? Severely cut carb intake, calorie intake of 1000-1200, taking daily multivitamin, completing consistent workouts, keeping a journal
What will you change/continue to reach your hair goal? Heavy sealing with vaseline, protective styling (getting a new wig soon :grin:), consistent routine
How often will you check in with updates in order to hold yourself accountable? Every Sunday I will do updates

yokochick How are you getting on with cutting carbs? I only ask as I've tried it in the past, it worked initially but when I went back to moderate carbs, it seemed to creep back on - maybe it just didn't suit me? My friend says maybe I lost water rather than fat?

Down 4 pounds since Monday :)
Plan to start a spinning class next week, and swimming a couple of times a week once the pool reopens mid-October.

davisbr88 4lbs was an excellent loss, do you have any tips - are there particular exercises you think bring greater losses? I'm just walking at the moment, I'm tired of the gym - I've another 7lbs to go until final goal (the last few pounds, in my experience are always where I give up and fall right back to where I was) and I'm sooo scared that I'll mess up and go back to my old ways. :look:

LaidBak

I took my annual physical fitness test on the 1st of Nov. My waist was measured at 29 inches! We do sit ups, push ups, a waist measurement and a run. I scored 93.4 out of 100. My highest score ever. So I still weigh the same but my waist is smaller and I'm in pretty darn good shape.

I've started training for a 5K. I've got to up my exercise intensity everyday if I hope to see that scale move down.

LaidBak

Stepped my workout intensity. Doubling my treamill distances and adding weights to my cardio workouts. Back to taking OxyElite Pro. I'm thinking my weight gain/trouble losing weight might be related to my thyroid. But I gotta make more effort to lose before I go running to the doctor.

LaidBak

Ladies I'm curious...do you have a "panic weight"? I mean a weight that when you reach it, would make you panic a little and take drastic measures to lose it?
I'm trying regular exercise, diet pills, and cutting out fast food. But if I get to 150lbs (my panic weight) despite all that I'm going on the Dukan diet. I consider such a measure to be extreme, relative to what I've done in the past. Do any of you have an upper limit like that?

davisbr88

Yeah... I started it after I saw the one from a while back and pretty much forgot about it. And then went ghost because I wasn't doing right. Smh. And I'm also lazy and have no willpower, so I hope someone that is actually motivated and will stick to this journey will start the next one!
Good luck, ladies.

ebsalita

Let's do it for 2012...

The 2011 really helped me and I'd like to continue for 2012 as I've still some way to go weight and hair wise. I'd love to start next years challenge - anyone wanna volunteer to co-chair? If we share the responsibility, then it's much easier to keep the challenge going and encourage each other to greather things.

Are any of the ladies below interested - I'm only mentioning you as you 've posted recently :grin:

LaidBak
MrsGarcia
D.Lisha
Kerryann
grownupnai
demlew
MangaManiac
[USER]queenbree [/USER]
yokochick

Any takers - feel free to PM me?

Yeah... I started it after I saw the one from a while back and pretty much forgot about it. And then went ghost because I wasn't doing right. Smh. And I'm also lazy and have no willpower, so I hope someone that is actually motivated and will stick to this journey will start the next one!
Good luck, ladies.

Kerryann

Let's do it for 2012...

The 2011 really helped me and I'd like to continue for 2012 as I've still some way to go weight and hair wise. I'd love to start next years challenge - anyone wanna volunteer to co-chair? If we share the responsibility, then it's much easier to keep the challenge going and encourage each other to greather things.

Are any of the ladies below interested - I'm only mentioning you as you 've posted recently :grin:

LaidBak
MrsGarcia
D.Lisha
Kerryann
grownupnai
demlew
MangaManiac
[USER]queenbree [/USER]
yokochick

Any takers - feel free to PM me?

Im down for 2012 i will be juicing

grownupnai

I want this challenge!

I love accountability. Are you going to start a new thread where we can talk stats, 1/4 year goals and so on?

ebsalita

That's a great idea grownupnai. I am a firm believer in setting smaller goals or shorter timeframes - quarterly goals make the task more achievable.

I will create the questionaire and post a link here for all that want to join tomorrow. :yep:

I want this challenge!

I love accountability. Are you going to start a new thread where we can talk stats, 1/4 year goals and so on?