Washing Synthetic Hair

lady_godiva

I have synthetic hair for my tree braids. I must confess that in the past, I would not wash my hair when I had any type of braids. I know that it sounds gross, but I did not want the hair to lose its original look. I am going to wash my hair this time because my hair starts to lock up when I don't wash it when it is braided for a long time. My question is can you wash synthetic hair just like real hair? Does it change the appearance? Please help me out.

Keedah

Im not sure about tree braids (thats when the hair is out loose right?) but when I had my kinky twists I would concentrate on washing my scalp only and pretty much rinsed the braids.

nakialovesshoes

I have synthetic tree braids right now, too. I've had them before. You can wash them with regular poo but I'd suggest diluting it a little. Concentrate on your scalp & let the runoff wash the weave. Try not to manipulate the hair 2 much while u're washing. Let it air dry hanging down.

I hear there are some weave care products out there for synthetic hair but since I'm not going to wash my hair the entire time I have them in (see siggy), I haven't investigated.

glamazon386

You can wash it just try not to scrunch/scrub too hard. You don't want to disrupt the pattern of the hair. Get some Wet n Wavy mousse and apply it to the hair to get it to bounce back. You can touch up spots with it on dry hair.