human-like synthetic braiding hair - any1 use b4?

krayzkool

Hi all... I've decided to give tree braids a try. My braidist (?,lol) has the synthetic hair that can be curled, etc... I'm assuming she means the organic hair - different manufacturers call it different things.

Does this hair itch like synthetic (been awhile since I've had synthetic - can't really remember if it itched me or not). Does it feel heavy when wet? (Going to Jamaica - I remember synthetic hair making my head feeling weighed down.

HoneyDew

I used some for braids and did not like it. It dried my hair out too badly and I decided to never try it again. I cannot find the thread about this, but a few others reported the same problems at one point.

HoneyDew

I am talking about the synthetic hair that can be curled. I cannot remember the brand I used, but like you said there are several brands out there.

I did not like it. at all.

Another thing I noticed was that is got heavy as I added braid spray and leave-ins. It got very oily because it could not absorb the products correctly.
It was also too shiny - in a nasty fake way.

It was not a good time at all. I would have rather used kanekalon (sp?)

krayzkool

Honeydew:

Thanks! Wow! I called her, she did say it wasn't that kind... her accent gets in the way... she said it was already curly, lol!!

But

krayzkool

Honeydew:

Thanks! Wow! I called her, she did say it wasn't that kind... her accent gets in the way... she said it was already curly, lol!!

But I still wondered for weaves... Brandy is a spokeman for the Pro-10 brand.

HoneyDew

I have seen that protein hair and I just don't like it. It looks too fake, in my opinion.

And tree braids leave lots of hair flowing right? Human hair should be used to make it look really pretty, but I know that can be a bot too much.

Maybe Brandy's is better.

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
i am trying to use the Hot Stuff Fusion synthetic hair up that I have left over and I wanna get tree braids.

krayzkool

Thanks! Well, it's real synthetic, not the fake human, lol... I found this out... but it's $110 for synthetic curly vs $140 for yaki human... the curly is tempting so I don't have to curl...