Synthetic Hair & Breakage

bedazzled

Hey sexy ladies,

I have been rocking the synthetic "kinky" {sort of} twists and before I knew about the cons of using synthetic hair {I use kanekalon} I used synthetic hair to do my twists. Today I took down one of my twists to redo it & the hair was so soft & moisturized. I did not wash the kanekalon before I put it in and as far as braid spray I spray my hair like every couple of days with aloe vera, glycerin, rosewater + vatika oil. Now is this because the day that I did my twists, I did a henna treatment earlier that day because I havent really sprayed my hair daily? How does synthetic hair break off human hair? I'm just curious because I do not want to have a setback so I was hoping those who have used synthetic hair or have the knowledge to share how to take care of your hair underneath all this synthetic mess and how synthetic hair breaks your hair off.

trendsetta25

I currently have synthetic box braids. I make it a point to moisturize daily. I've been weaving and braiding for yrs and haven't gotten any breakage. Use extra TLC when using synthetic hair since the fibers are a bit rough.