Wash N Go Thread

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I really hope you find something. Trust me I know it's a lot of trial and error to get something to work. Have you tried to pineapple or a loc soc. I can preserve my hair well with both methods. Sometimes if my hair isn't holding up well I re moisturize and put it in a few chunky twists and that can refresh my whole style for quite a few more days.
I'm too short yet to pineapple (4-6 inches) depending on which curl I grab to measure. When I was relaxed, my hair loved Lottabody setting lotion and either a styling cream or foam on soaking wet hair for a Twistout. I can't stand any kind of greasy feel and my hair apparently doesn't like it either. My best results have come from treating a Twistout like a rollerset and using the same products. Trying that as we speak.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
naptural85 has a youtube vid on a winter friendly wash n go which is basically doing it the night before. I will try that since I really don't want to give this up :ohwell: This is day 3. My hair is pillow soft :love2: I'm gonna hold on to this style until the wheels fall off :look:
I love her vids. I'll check her out, thanks.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
So far this summer Herbal essences smoothing conditioner has been giving my hair life. I can finally say i have a HG styler. I wasn't expecting it to work so well on my hair at all. it smells so good too! I always get compliments on it. did I mention its dirt cheap?! :yep:

I have been using the tightly curly method (curly primer) with much success but just like you Cattypus1, i cant seem to get much longevity from my wash n gos. i just fluff it up on day 2 and on day 3 i wear a loose puff. but by day 3 it looks a bit rough. I dont mind so much because my hair sheds like crazy so i need to remove shed hair frequently. i wish i could get week long wash n goes like some of yall but i would be scared of the wash day! LOL

AJellyCake

naptural85 has a youtube vid on a winter friendly wash n go which is basically doing it the night before. I will try that since I really don't want to give this up :ohwell: This is day 3. My hair is pillow soft :love2: I'm gonna hold on to this style until the wheels fall off :look:

Soooo cute!

hunnychile

I'm growing fonder of my hair with each wash day which is a blessing because she was working my nerves. :lol:

I've been trying a different combo of things and so far a creamy gel leave-in + eco styler + curl keeper has been a winner for me, with hair that does't take all day to dry!

Joigirl

I have been dreading winter for this very reason. I'm in the awkward stage and the only way I can not look crazy is to wash n go daily. My hair doesn't want me to sleep. :(. How do you do a wintertime wash n go?

I live in WI and I did WNGs all the time in the winter. I wouldn't suggest you do this, but I went out with a wet head all the time. I would only walk to and from my car. When I didn't Cowash in the morning, I would dunk my head under the shower spray and then shake out my curls, or I'd use a spray bottle and then shake. I suggest investing in a diffuser to speed up the drying process. I diffuse on cool.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I think my hair came out pretty good this morning. Used goddess curls and creme brûlée. It's still a little damp but I think it will be fully dry soon.

Attachments

• image-257956866.jpg
    image-257956866.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3504342529.jpg
    image-3504342529.jpg
    432.5 KB · Views: 78
  • image-4213482780.jpg
    image-4213482780.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 69

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Tried the WNG method by Naptural85 using a homemade clay wash with twists...I love her hair...EPIC fail for me. I think I was afraid the twists would come out during the rinse so I probably didn't rinse as well as I should have. My hair was stiff and coated when dry. I had to CoWash and sit under the drier for a bit this morning before work. I really liked the clay wash...I'll probably try it again.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
My dry wng's are giving me life! I'm glad I discovered this method. I get a lot more volume and drying time is a fraction of what it used to be on wet hair.

Wetline gel worked good for me this time on damp'ish hair.

Please excuse my bummy fleece shirt. I'm bumming it out at home big time and it's getting chilly here.

Attachments

• image-3092915352.jpg
    image-3092915352.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 66
  • image-3073923889.jpg
    image-3073923889.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 61
  • image-468745918.jpg
    image-468745918.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 65

krikit96

My dry wng's are giving me life! I'm glad I discovered this method. I get a lot more volume and drying time is a fraction of what it used to be on wet hair.

Wetline gel worked good for me this time on damp'ish hair.

Please excuse my bummy fleece shirt. I'm bumming it out at home big time and it's getting chilly here.

Pokahontas - what's a dry wash n go?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I did a wash n go from straightened hair and my hair came out nice. I sat under the dryer for about 15 mins though.

Also Is anyone still interested in having a fall/winter wash n go challenge? I will make the thread if y'all are still interested.

Mz.MoMo5235

I did a wash n go from straightened hair and my hair came out nice. I sat under the dryer for about 15 mins though.

Also Is anyone still interested in having a fall/winter wash n go challenge? I will make the thread if y'all are still interested.

I'm in it to win it!

Sent from my SPH-L300 using LHCF please ignore typos

hunnychile

I was going to do the MHM for better curl definition but now that I've got my WNG technique and products down, I'm not even gonna bother with that daily regimen. I'll do it once a week as a deep conditioning treatment.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
hunnychile what is MHM?

I am currently using Herbal essences smooth collection conditioner as a leave in. it has been my staple since the beginning of the summer.

Joigirl

hunnychile what is MHM? I am currently using Herbal essences smooth collection conditioner as a leave in. it has been my staple since the beginning of the summer.

MHM is Maximum Hydration Method. It is a multi-step process to moisturizing low porosity hair. I haven't followed it myself, but it involves using a baking soda and or Apple cider vinegar treatment and using no silicones. You can find more info in a thread on this Board or YouTube/Google. I'm scared of both baking soda and apple cider vinegar on my hair.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
What leave-in is everyone using? I posted this in the TWA thread but meant to post that here.

Hey, hunnychile. I use whatever I feel my hair needs at the time.

Some of my leave-ins:

Organix Coconut Milk Serum
Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave-in
Safflower Oil
Avocado Oil
Annabelle's Perfect Blends Spray Leave-in (very creamy)
Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab Hair Milk
Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp & Tamanu Grow & Stregthen Herbal Custard

Sometimes I will do combos of the leave-ins listed above. Avocado oil first, then one of the creamy leave-ins (for example, the Yucca & Baobab Milk) is a favorite leave-in combo of mine.

hunnychile

I did a second day WNG bc I was in a rush go out after the gym and my fro is BEAUTIFUL! I spritzed with some water and just added more leave-in and eco styler argan and my hair looks amazing! I'm in his car now playing with his HD camera and my hair looks super shiny and defined!

Omg I love itttttt. My texture is so cute. :love3: