Wash N Go Thread

AJellyCake I usually apply the WoC first, but I've noticed that when I do, I end up using more activator than styling gel. Since WoC costs more per ounce than the styling gel--and, unlike WoC, I can actually get the styling gel in a huge bucket (5lbs!!)--I find it more cost effective to use the styler first, then use the activator. Now my WoC tubs last me longer :3

I've been lurking in the MHM thread :sekret: and it seems that a lot of ladies are modifying the regimen to suit their individual needs. Gon' head and use it :sekret:

Yassss :sekret: I love cheap gels. I am really trying to be more budget conscious with my hair, especially because I feel like I need a lot of product. I might just have to mosy on back to some Eco/Woc/Wetline. And I totally agree about using more WoC when I applied it first.

I might mosy on back to using these gels with the main MHM regimen. We'll see. Because 5 lbs is niiiiice and probably cost you next to nothing!

Yassss :sekret: I love cheap gels. I am really trying to be more budget conscious with my hair, especially because I feel like I need a lot of product. I might just have to mosy on back to some Eco/Woc/Wetline. And I totally agree about using more WoC when I applied it first.

I might mosy on back to using these gels with the main MHM regimen. We'll see. Because 5 lbs is niiiiice and probably cost you next to nothing!

Yes! At 80oz for $10 it's like 13¢ per ounce vs WoC 30ish cents per ounce. (32oz for $10). Much more product for your money! I'm trying to be more cost conscious, too, b/c I also use a lot of product on my hair. Plus your hair is so long, use what makes your hair happy and what makes "cents" :sekret: :lol:

My hair and I are finally getting along with each other again.. Now I just need her to get long enough for a pony and I'll be set.

I'm regretting cutting my hair again. It was an impulse cut out of frustration because she was acting up so much. Now that I switched up my leave in and she's happy again I wish I had my length back. Oh wells, you live and you learn

Tried a wash and go for the very first time since my BC in April. I did this last month sometime and was very pleased with my results. For my first try it came out pretty good.

Attachments

• image-591006501.jpg
    image-591006501.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 90
  • image-840561557.jpg
    image-840561557.jpg
    469.7 KB · Views: 84
  • image-803546167.jpg
    image-803546167.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 78
Tried a wash and go for the very first time since my BC in April. I did this last month sometime and was very pleased with my results. For my first try it came out pretty good.

Since you usually dont do wng what's you're usual go to style? When I bc'd wng were my only option and currently still are til I get a bit more length

Since you usually dont do wng what's you're usual go to style? When I bc'd wng were my only option and currently still are til I get a bit more length

I usually do twist outs pulled up into a puff. My hair isn't that long yet either so I'm not quite 100% comfortable with wearing a loose twist out. A new product I've been using and loving for my twist outs is by Creme of Nature Argan Oil Line for natural hair, the Twirling Custard. Gives me good definition but doesn't dry hard or crunchy.

KaramelKutie803 very pretty! looks so soft and springy. how long did it last?

Thank you!!! I actually got a food 5-6 days out of it. I cowashed with Mielle Organics Honey Dew cowash and while my hair was dripping wet in the shower applied As I Am Naturally Leave-In conditioner and shook my hair real then applied the As I Am Curling Jelly to my hair and shook it once more.

Thank you!!! I actually got a food 5-6 days out of it. I cowashed with Mielle Organics Honey Dew cowash and while my hair was dripping wet in the shower applied As I Am Naturally Leave-In conditioner and shook my hair real then applied the As I Am Curling Jelly to my hair and shook it once more.

Thank you for replying! I've really been wanting to try the As I Am Leave-in. What is the consistency like? Is it really slippery like Kinky Curly Knot Today, or is it creamy? Would you say it's thick and heavy, or light? I might check out their Curling Jelly, too, once I get through more of my stash. I'm a sucker for hair gel lol

Thank you for replying! I've really been wanting to try the As I Am Leave-in. What is the consistency like? Is it really slippery like Kinky Curly Knot Today, or is it creamy? Would you say it's thick and heavy, or light? I might check out their Curling Jelly, too, once I get through more of my stash. I'm a sucker for hair gel lol

I wanted to try the products for a while as well and was in Walgreens one day and saw a little kit with mini sized bottles of the leave in, curling jelly, cowash, double butter cream, and the hydration elation deep conditioner and had to get it. It has a similar consistency as the Knot today in my opinion. It's very light and thin but not too thin to where it's watery. It's actually the same color as the Knot Today as well

I wanted to try the products for a while as well and was in Walgreens one day and saw a little kit with mini sized bottles of the leave in, curling jelly, cowash, double butter cream, and the hydration elation deep conditioner and had to get it. It has a similar consistency as the Knot today in my opinion. It's very light and thin but not too thin to where it's watery. It's actually the same color as the Knot Today as well

Thank you so much! Your review saved me some money b/c the Knot Today and leave-ins like it feel really weird on my hair. I will definitely try the Jelly one day, though. I'd like to try the Double Butter Cream, but it's so pricey :( I need to find me one of those sampler kits lol

Thank you so much! Your review saved me some money b/c the Knot Today and leave-ins like it feel really weird on my hair. I will definitely try the Jelly one day, though. I'd like to try the Double Butter Cream, but it's so pricey :( I need to find me one of those sampler kits lol

No problem. My hair didn't care too much for the Knot Today either so it's just sitting here collecting dust but it seems to like the As I Am Leave-In. How does your hair do with liquid leave-ins?

No problem. My hair didn't care too much for the Knot Today either so it's just sitting here collecting dust but it seems to like the As I Am Leave-In. How does your hair do with liquid leave-ins?

KaramelKutie803

My hair likes liquid leave-ins, but I tend to like to use serums, oils, or something with a little shea, vegetable protein, panthenol, glycerin, etc., which usually ends up being something creamy rather than liquid. I think my hair is normal to high porosity, so I like leave-ins with a little oomph lol

I really liked how my dry wng came out. I put my products on completely dry co-washed hair that I left a little conditioner in. I used that let's jam custard stuff and a little of my APB spray in moisturizer. I think this regimen would be great for cooler weather because my hair is not all wet. It is not a super defined curly look but I like it and the volume is crazy. It may be too frizzy for most people but I like the big hair. I was too tired to take a good pic so here's a quick snap. It looks better in person to me lol.

Attachments

• image-352527967.jpg
    image-352527967.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 101
I really liked how my dry wng came out. I put my products on completely dry co-washed hair that I left a little conditioner in. I used that let's jam custard stuff and a little of my APB spray in moisturizer. I think this regimen would be great for cooler weather because my hair is not all wet. It is not a super defined curly look but I like it and the volume is crazy. It may be too frizzy for most people but I like the big hair. I was too tired to take a good pic so here's a quick snap. It looks better in person to me lol.

Your hair is beautiful! how creative to do it a wng on dry hair! I need to try that one day.

You hair us just beautiful! I would never have thought of doing a WNG on dry hair. Very nice.

Thanks so much ladies! Here's some better pics of my dry wng. This is the second day. I can never get good lighting in my house sigh.

I love the results though! Hope I can replicate it again and it's not a fluke!

Attachments

• image-4084502085.jpg
    image-4084502085.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2583197293.jpg
    image-2583197293.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 61
  • image-3197764283.jpg
    image-3197764283.jpg
    457.5 KB · Views: 66
Usually when its humid out, I do a dry Wng with curl activator gel and a styler. It works really good. Ill have to try it out when it warms back up. Its cooling down in NJ this week.

Liking the hair Pokhantas.

Thanks so much ladies! Here's some better pics of my dry wng. This is the second day. I can never get good lighting in my house sigh.

I love the results though! Hope I can replicate it again and it's not a fluke!

I just love your hair. I need your hair and Joi's hair on a wig lol. When y'all are tired of it send it my way please and thanks!

Yes! At 80oz for $10 it's like 13¢ per ounce vs WoC 30ish cents per ounce. (32oz for $10). Much more product for your money! I'm trying to be more cost conscious, too, b/c I also use a lot of product on my hair. Plus your hair is so long, use what makes your hair happy and what makes "cents" :sekret: :lol:

TRUTH!!!! I have to use so much just to cover my hair. Like when I use less, I can feel the sections that are all naked and left behind :(.

I have had some amazing wash n goes recently using the Hello Curly Curl Stimulator. My Day 1 hair wasn't as flat as it was with Eco, and my Day 2 hair was just fabulous: soft, defined, just 100!!! It worked well with all of my various curl patterns. I was also told by some mens that my hair smelled really good. This is what KCCC wishes it could do on my hair. :D

Only issues are: it's pricey, and it's not available on the ground near me. Also, the center of my head is still damp. :perplexed I am going to try flaxseed gel again and see if I can use them together to stretch the product more.

I have had some amazing wash n goes recently using the Hello Curly Curl Stimulator. My Day 1 hair wasn't as flat as it was with Eco, and my Day 2 hair was just fabulous: soft, defined, just 100!!! It worked well with all of my various curl patterns. I was also told by some mens that my hair smelled really good. This is what KCCC wishes it could do on my hair. :D

Only issues are: it's pricey, and it's not available on the ground near me. Also, the center of my head is still damp. :perplexed I am going to try flaxseed gel again and see if I can use them together to stretch the product more.

umm... pics please and thank you :sekret:

I have had some amazing wash n goes recently using the Hello Curly Curl Stimulator. My Day 1 hair wasn't as flat as it was with Eco, and my Day 2 hair was just fabulous: soft, defined, just 100!!! It worked well with all of my various curl patterns. I was also told by some mens that my hair smelled really good. This is what KCCC wishes it could do on my hair. :D Only issues are: it's pricey, and it's not available on the ground near me. Also, the center of my head is still damp. :perplexed I am going to try flaxseed gel again and see if I can use them together to stretch the product more.

I want to try Hello Curly soooo bad. No protein? No glycerin? No crunch? Natural ingredients?? I'm sold. Now I just need it to go on sale...

I'm terrified I'll try it, love it & be a slave to repurchase $30 bottles of gel for the rest of my life...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I want to try Hello Curly soooo bad. No protein? No glycerin? No crunch? Natural ingredients?? I'm sold. Now I just need it to go on sale... I'm terrified I'll try it, love it & be a slave to repurchase $30 bottles of gel for the rest of my life... Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

It is all that. It has surpassed KCCC for me because of the softer hold.

What I wanna know is if the Hello Curly has enough hold for type 4's. Anyone?

Yes this bc my daughters are all different type 4s. They have the most beautiful thick hair and I'm jelly of them lol. It would be nice to have a product that will work for us all and unfortunately I would pay for it even with the high price.

Back