Wash N Go Thread

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
uofmpanther

Thats some good definition for only using conditioner. Do you shingle the conditioner in?

EnExitStageLeft

Thanks! It frizzes wherever I touch it, so I don't think I can do conditioner only very often. I like to put my hands in my hair. Maybe I should try conditioner plus gel.

I don't shingle because I haven't found it worked with the curl pattern around my edges, my hair never dries, and it takes too long IMHO. Instead, I smooth gobs of product in giant sections (~8 sections) first. Then I smooth the top with more product, focusing on the front. Then, I flip my head over to smooth the bottom with more product, focusing on the back.

LdyKamz

I'm liking the conditioner only thing. I have no idea why I didn't try this before. I like to cowash daily and this morning it was fantastic. It felt so smooth and soft and I could just run my fingers through my hair.I'm happy for now. But I still have to figure out how to get rid of the frizz in front.

justNikki

I've recently learned I get my best wash n go results when I don't use gels but rather when I use creams and leave ins. Currently using CR Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Whipped Aloe Gel. Super soft results.

My cream styler (I use As I Am Twist Defining Cream as my WNG styler) works very well for me during less humid months, but I live in the humid arse south and there ain't no way I can rock with just a cream, gotta have some gel during summer.

Those of you who are doing conditioner only at this time of year, what part of the country are you in?

robot.

I'm finding that really gooey gels take way longer to dry and drip a lot more than just "regular" gels. So far the Eco has given me the best results.

LdyKamz

robot. I like Eco too. The only problem I've been having is how crunchy it dries. Which one are you using? I've tried all of them, green, pink, white, blue. I've tried using a little with oil under, then oil on top, nothing is working to get rid of that crunch. But I really like the definition I get with that. If I use the gel this week I'll take a picture.

Karmi

I love this thread, i drool over the hair in here.

Here's my wash n go using Eco styler olive oil and SM raw shea butter detangler. This combo seem to do the best for my coils, also no white build up at all.

image-916382114.jpg

robot.

robot. I like Eco too. The only problem I've been having is how crunchy it dries. Which one are you using? I've tried all of them, green, pink, white, blue. I've tried using a little with oil under, then oil on top, nothing is working to get rid of that crunch. But I really like the definition I get with that. If I use the gel this week I'll take a picture.
I'm using the argan oil (yellow gel, red top). I'm still experimenting with leave-ins.
I love this thread, i drool over the hair in here.

Here's my wash n go using Eco styler olive oil and SM raw shea butter detangler. This combo seem to do the best for my coils, also no white build up at all.

Pretty!

myhairgrowstoo

What about with a cream or butter underneath? That's the only way to get rid of the crunch for me

LdyKamz

I have to be careful with layering because my hair is low porosity and it takes forever for products to soak in. But I still want to try this.

myhairgrowstoo what creams and/or butters are you using?

robot.

What about with a cream or butter underneath? That's the only way to get rid of the crunch for me

I'm experimenting with different curl creams right now. :yep:

My best WNG yet today! Dried in about two hours with no crunch but lots of definition and shine! :love:

Cowash + KJ Naturals Marshmallow leave-in + KJN Stretch n Curl custard + Eco Styler Argan

The Eco Styler Argan is my favorite styler so far. Even when I use it on wet hair, it's so thick it stops my hair from dripping all over the place. I hate having to get ready with a towel around my shoulders to constantly wipe at my face. Can't beat the price, either.

My new smoothing technique helps tons, too, even on my fussy sections.

Neomorph

Just did a wash and go today! It's currently drying right now.

I used the Yes To Carrots! Scalp Relief Shampoo and Conditioner and deep conditioned with Yes To Carrots! Pampering Conditioner. I styled with Kinky Curly Knot Today and Kinky Curly Curling Custard.

LdyKamz

Just did a wash and go today! It's currently drying right now.

I used the Yes To Carrots! Scalp Relief Shampoo and Conditioner and deep conditioned with Yes To Carrots! Pampering Conditioner. I styled with Kinky Curly Knot Today and Kinky Curly Curling Custard.

Let me know how you like the Kinky Curly Curling Custard. I was not a fan. It is so sticky and gooey and it takes forever to dry. I'd like to know if anyone gets different results.

Neomorph

Let me know how you like the Kinky Curly Curling Custard. I was not a fan. It is so sticky and gooey and it takes forever to dry. I'd like to know if anyone gets different results.

Oh I've been using it for about a month now. I like it a lot. It gives me wonderful definition and slightly elongates my curls. The best thing about the custard is that it gives me 2nd and 3rd day hair. It does take a while to dry (my hair is still drying lol). However, I'm only planning on to use it in the warmer months. The only real con about it is the price (#poorcollegestudent). It works so well though, I don't really mind shelling out the extra bucks.

LdyKamz

Ugh! My wash n go came out like crap today. The probably being I didn't wash n go. I was running late this morning so I didn't cowash. I just sort of spritzed with water and then did as I normally do. I shouldn't have even bothered. It looks a mess.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Ugh! My wash n go came out like crap today. The probably being I didn't wash n go. I was running late this morning so I didn't cowash. I just sort of spritzed with water and then did as I normally do. I shouldn't have even bothered. It looks a mess.
I had actually considered trying this but I was afraid I'd hate the results and be out and about and not be able to do anything about it. Do you think it wasn't wet enough to start?

justNikki

I typically leave in about 1/4 of my Tresemme Flawless Curls conditioner that I use when conditioning, add a generous amount of Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Stretch and a little gel on top. I get the bomb.com wngs with this combo.

LdyKamz

Cattypus1 yeah it wasn't wet enough. I spritz a lot and I thought my hair was drenched. But when I started adding gel it wasn't wet underneath. My wash n gos are best on soaking wet hair.

Mz.MoMo5235

KammyGirl Your hair is super cute!!! I love it! I miss that length. Man if the grow out process wasnt so sucky or I knew I could commit to the short life I would chop right now!

I finally washed my hair tonight. Up in a pineapple til morning

Karmi

@ Neomorph - I cant figure out how to use this stuff without getting sticky gross hair. I love the definition but can't stand to touch it. Are you very light with it? Do you use the knot today with it?

Sorry messed up the quote.

Last edited:

Karmi

image-426320376.jpg

4th day hair.

Don't think I can get another day out of this so it will be in a puff the next 2 day.

Last edited:

Neomorph

@ Neomorph - I cant figure out how to use this stuff without getting sticky gross hair. I love the definition but can't stand to touch it. Are you very light with it? Do you use the knot today with it?

Sorry messed up the quote.

I use the Knot Today with it and I only use about a quarter sized amount of the custard throughout out my hair. It's sticky at first but the feeling goes away once I shake my hair out and diffuse it. It took me awhile to figure out what worked best for my hair. The custard is known to be a tricky product to master.

faithVA

So I've just started WNG this week; first time all natural. The last time I had a texturizer. The first time (Thursday night) I: Washed/conditioned with Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Applied Taliah Waajid The Great Detangler as my leave in Applied As I Am Curling Jelly in smaller sections. I didn't shingle. Sat under my hooded dryer for about 45 minute; shook while under the dryer a bit Pinneappled for the night. I loved the results until while getting in my car the next morning I saw flakes. I mean flakes just came out of nowhere. So I'm on the fence with the Curling Jelly. Went on the website and they said to "use liberally but too much may flake"

Today I washed/conditioned and this time:
Added black castor oil to my wet hair
Shingled with Eco Styler Pink
Sat under my hooded dryer again

Today's results were better. No flakes!! I'll have to wait to see 2nd day hair to compare level of poofiness. My hair grew way too full on 3rd day the first time around.

I know I'm late but I like the way your wng looks. Very pretty.

faithVA

Never thought wash n go's were for my 4a hair. IDK what happened but after watching a ton of youtube videos and using the correct dose and combination of products, I've been able to do it. Still can't believe that not only can I achieve this style but it also last a couple of days. The only thing I have to do now is figure out how to keep the hair that touches the back of my neck from getting so dry and nappy.

Please share when you figure this out. My nape hair dries out quickly.

faithVA

That phase lasted a good 3 months I thing. Here is a wng litterally 30days after that first pic. Conditioner and some oil ONLY!!!

The above was the best hair days of my LIFE! That lasted about a good 3 mos as well. I have never had such a simple time with my hair as I did last sept which is why I get so tempted to cut back to that.

My hair doesnt cooperate like that any more.

You know I'm always stalking you. But I don't see anything wrong with cutting back to that length. It looks nice and as you say its very workable for you.