Wash N Go Thread

Anthony Dickey method is using a ton of products and applying to soaking wet hair. I don't necessarily think it his method as many people have been doing this for ever but people heard of him and "his method" through Taren Guy.

Eta- conditioners to cowash as well

Yeah??? Well, shows how often I watched Taren. Guess it was a good idea to unsub from her for real cause I never heard of this guy.

Isnt this similar to Teri's tightly curly method? I mean it seams familiar but I know I didnt hear of it from him.

Ok, what is this Anthony Dicky thing I keep hearing about?!

robot. I personally have no luck with gels. Even natural ones. For me they only work when I wont to really slick my edges down for a bun. But for a wng, nope. Took a while for me to figure out. Maybe you need a heavier leave in? Also it could just be the length. When I was growing from a buzz cut I hit a phase where product I already knew worked for my hair and had been working for years, still wasnt helping. And in all honesty I just ran around looking like I had a toddlers hair cut for a while until it started to cooperate again.

I just know that with me, weather and length play a huge roll in how a deal with my mop.

I did get a lot more definition than I usually do. I think it's a combo of needing a trim and a better combo of products and just nature. I've cut my hair maybe four times and always seem to have this problem with my sides. No curl, just frizz. I will keep trying though.

Yeah??? Well, shows how often I watched Taren. Guess it was a good idea to unsub from her for real cause I never heard of this guy.

Isnt this similar to Teri's tightly curly method? I mean it seams familiar but I know I didnt hear of it from him.

I know right! Yes I think it is like the tightly curly method. I never heard of him b4 either so go figure but I know this method had been around forever lol.

I've recently learned I get my best wash n go results when I don't use gels but rather when I use creams and leave ins. Currently using CR Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Whipped Aloe Gel. Super soft results.

Hair's back to being as frizzy as it always is. *sigh* :ohwell:

I'll try a different combo of products tomorrow morning and an egg treatment later in the week.

I also stopped getting as much frizz and needed less product when I stopped using a comb. My hair tends to behave on its own now.

I've recently learned I get my best wash n go results when I don't use gels but rather when I use creams and leave ins. Currently using CR Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Whipped Aloe Gel. Super soft results.

I never thought to try the Almond Jai. I got a good one with the Jane Carter Curl Defining Cream, then a not so great wash and go. I think I need to work on technique.

Can I hang out in here with you guys? Since I cut my hair again in March I was basically back in TWA phase and a wash n go was easy. Now my hair is doing what it always does when it gets a bit longer. Some parts are frizzier than normal and I find I'm using more product than usual to get it to look the way it should for wash n gos. I'm not sure if frizzy comes with length for me or what but I'm thinking it may be time to switch products and technique.

Can I hang out in here with you guys? Since I cut my hair again in March I was basically back in TWA phase and a wash n go was easy. Now my hair is doing what it always does when it gets a bit longer. Some parts are frizzier than normal and I find I'm using more product than usual to get it to look the way it should for wash n gos. I'm not sure if frizzy comes with length for me or what but I'm thinking it may be time to switch products and technique.

Girl c'mon in!

I never even asked. I just started posting :lol:

ETA: Yes, when growing out from a twa your wash and grows evolve and you have to work through it. I had several bad hair weeks/months during the grow out process :perplexed

Last edited:
^^^:lol: Well I'm jumping right in then.

I think I'm going to try conditioner only tomorrow. I'm just worried about how that will look once it's dry. My hair is getting longer in the front and it hangs on my forehead. When it dries it's shrinks some and there's almost no definition, which I don't care too much about I guess. It just doesn't look...right for some reason.

KammyGirl at one point my wng looked like this once tried no matter what I did!

I just had to look crazy for a bit while my hair decided what she wanted to do with her self :lol:

OMG WHY ARE MY PIX POSTING SO BIG HERE?!?!? What the ***** man! Sorry guys. My photobucket is not my friend right now. I've been trying to fix it and its just not

Now I'm scared because your hair in the pic is longer than mine now. So I have more trouble to look forward to. LOL

How long did it take you to get out of that phase?

Now I'm scared because your hair in the pic is longer than mine now. So I have more trouble to look forward to. LOL

That phase lasted a good 3 months I thing. Here is a wng litterally 30days after that first pic. Conditioner and some oil ONLY!!!

The above was the best hair days of my LIFE! That lasted about a good 3 mos as well. I have never had such a simple time with my hair as I did last sept which is why I get so tempted to cut back to that.

My hair doesnt cooperate like that any more.

And dont be scared. We all hit that awkward hair point when growing out a twa. I almost gave up a few times and buzzed it off again during my toddler hair phase (you see why I call it the toddler hair? :lol: )

I still do want to buzz it sometimes because now at bsl (or some where around there) my hair is being a jerk to me. The only difference is now I can put her in a bun when she's a brat. Like hair time out. Only reason I dont buzz it again is because that toddler hair phase was really rough getting through. I think if I cared more about my hair appearance I would have just died or got a weave.

^^^:lol: Well I'm jumping right in then. I think I'm going to try conditioner only tomorrow. I'm just worried about how that will look once it's dry. My hair is getting longer in the front and it hangs on my forehead. When it dries it's shrinks some and there's almost no definition, which I don't care too much about I guess. It just doesn't look...right for some reason.
I've been fighting the same battle...I had to give up shampoo. Been working on finding my holy grail products...shrinkage ain't no joke!

That phase lasted a good 3 months I thing. Here is a wng litterally 30days after that first pic. Conditioner and some oil ONLY!!!

The above was the best hair days of my LIFE! That lasted about a good 3 mos as well. I have never had such a simple time with my hair as I did last sept which is why I get so tempted to cut back to that.

My hair doesnt cooperate like that any more.

Mz.MoMo5235 Beautiful. Hopefully I'll get lucky and mine comes out decent with only conditioner. I thought about adding a little oil too. We'll see how it goes. I'll post a pic tomorrow. Good or bad.

I've been fighting the same battle...I had to give up shampoo. Been working on finding my holy grail products...shrinkage ain't no joke!

Cattypus1 Hmmm could the shampoo be contributing to my frizz? I only use it about once a week now. Something to think about for me.

It could very well be the shampoo is to drying. Give it a shot. Worse that will happen is you'll get a little build and it doesnt work in which case you go back to shampoo and know its something else.

My WNG today is awesome! Very little frizz and no drippies! I did a few things differently...

I co-washed on dry hair (which took a lot of conditioner) and focused on smoothing my hair, almost like trying to slick it back in a pony. I smoothed it forward, backward, leftward, and rightward :lol: to allow all the strands to clump in whatever direction they needed to. I smoothed until I saw my curls clumping and added more conditioner to the frizzy parts.

When I rinsed out the conditioner, I didn't run my fingers through my hair but kind of cupped my hand against my scalp to get the water through my roots. I could feel my curls clumping so I didn't want to disturb them.

I used the kimmaytube leave-in mix and layered eco styler over some curl keeper. I'll reverse the two stylers next time to see how I like it. I smoothed the eco similar to how I smoothed the conditioner. I'm so excited because I think my curl memory will improve with more washes and I had almost no drippies after smoothing the gel through.

Yesterday I tried the EBW underneath the eco and it left my hair very soft but with little extra definition.

^^^ I am turrrrible with hair pictures but bc you're my girl :lol:

photo 2.JPG

I wish I had a before picture so yall could see just how frizzy it was. It was really getting me down.

robot. Your hair looks great!

Here's mine today using only conditioner. I might try this again because it came out ok. The front was still a little frizzy but I did shampoo first. When I do it again I'll ditch the poo. The only thing is I have to be careful that my hair doesn't dry white. Other than that as it dries its really soft and looks even better. Last pic is the finished product about 75% dry.

ForumRunner_20140712_194701.jpg

ForumRunner_20140712_194731.jpg

ForumRunner_20140712_194800.jpg

robot.

I love your curly-q's! So Pretty! :love:

KammyGirl

I LOVE your hairs shape! Do you have a tapered cut or is this how your hair naturally grows? If the answer is yes, lucky you! Your entire twa stage is gonna be fierce!

Thanks ladies. You know, I'm not even sure if my hair grows this way. Lol March was the first time I ever got my hair cut and the stylist said she'd keep my hair shape but even everything up so it wasn't sloppy. This is what I was left with.

I shouldn't take selfies because I suck at it, but here is my conditioner only. I'm lo po, so it's only 90% dry even though I did it 10 hours ago. It's frizzy, but the curls are there. Not particularly soft. I used HE Long Term Relationship, which is giving me a minor headache from the scent.

ETA: I'm not sure why one is sideways

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140712_203957.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140712_203957.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 85
  • ForumRunner_20140712_204013.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140712_204013.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 95
Back