Vitale and dryness

syze6

Every since I have switched to Vitale lye, I have terrible dry scalp. I have flakes galore. Another thing I have noticed is, when first applied my hair is nice and straight the first two weeks. After that it looks like I need a relaxer.

When I was using th no-lye Olive oil I didn;t have this problem. I'm thinking of returning back to no-lye. THe great thing about lye, I noticed my hair had a sheen and was softer. Has anyone else had trouble with the lye? What other lye relaxer would you recommend. I'm about to pick up a box of Olive Oil no lye!

Faith

My hair hasn't been the same since I used Vitale's L&B relaxer. It's one of the reasons I had to say no more to relaxers.

Ms_Twana

Are you talking about this relaxer:

This relaxer was wonderful for me. Now, I'm not sure if my stylist used lye or no-lye. But I loved it. My hair was straight longer than most other relaxers, and it didn't BURN!!!

Faith

Ms_Twana said:
Are you talking about this relaxer:

This relaxer was wonderful for me. Now, I'm not sure if my stylist used lye or no-lye. But I loved it. My hair was straight longer than most other relaxers, and it didn't BURN!!!
That one is no lye.

Mahalialee4

Faith? Did I hear you say you are going Natural? Hopefully NOT A B.C.! Well, if you do, I am sure you will handle your business fine. Great head of hair that you have accomplished. bonjour

Mahalialee4

Actually I meant to also ask you: Did this relaxer damage your hair to the point where you feel that you have no other option but to transition to natural? I noted that you are cutting off your hair...can you not save the ends etc and just let it grow out and blend the two textures or is that not your preferred option? You have worked so hard to grow it to waistlength, Faith, what is happening? bonjour

Faith

Mahalialee4 said:
Faith? Did I hear you say you are going Natural? Hopefully NOT A B.C.! Well, if you do, I am sure you will handle your business fine. Great head of hair that you have accomplished. bonjour
Not a major BC...little BC...lol

Faith

Mahalialee4 said:
Actually I meant to also ask you: Did this relaxer damage your hair to the point where you feel that you have no other option but to transition to natural? I noted that you are cutting off your hair...can you not save the ends etc and just let it grow out and blend the two textures or is that not your preferred option? You have worked so hard to grow it to waistlength, Faith, what is happening? bonjour
You sound so worried...lol :kiss:

It did screw up my hair. Not to the point where I thought I had NO choice but to trnasition BUT to the point where I thought "why do I bother?". I was getting weary of having to do things to maintain my relaxed hair, things my natural hair didn't need. I like doing less not more and my relaxed hair needs MORE. And honestly my hair doesn't seem to like them so...

I am keeping some of my ends as I transition but the really overprocessed ends (thanks hairdressers) had to go and they are gone now. I don't think I'll chop again until August 2007. Since I'm in protective styles until August 2007 I may save my next little BC (3") until then. That will take me back up to the end of my brastrap.

No worries girl....I'm happy about this :) Already the hair looks healthier and it's thicker and it's growing as usual :)

Last edited: