Vitale and Silk Elements relaxer user

Ms_Twana

Okay. I think I have finally narrowed down my next relaxer to Vitale or Silk Elements. IDK, I may throw ORS back in there. :perplexed There are so many different relaxers under each brand though, so even if I choose one over the other, I still don't know which relaxer under that brand.

So, for those of you that use Vitale and/or Silk Elements relaxer, which one do you use. When giving your answer, please say whether the relaxer is lye or no lye, and whether you are bone straight or texlaxed.

TIA, ladies!!

bluevalentine

I use vitale lye, life and body for medium texture. i've been using it for awhile and its a keeper. i am closer to bone straight and i like that it leaves my fine hair with body as opposed to being extremely flat

i've used silk elements before and although i liked how it hmade my hair feel it left me too underprocessed. hope this helps

Ms_Twana

I use vitale lye, life and body for medium texture. i've been using it for awhile and its a keeper. i am closer to bone straight and i like that it leaves my fine hair with body as opposed to being extremely flat

i've used silk elements before and although i liked how it hmade my hair feel it left me too underprocessed. hope this helps

Thanks. Underprocessed may be a good thing for me because I'm texlaxed.

gimbap

I had the exact same experiences with both relaxers. If you're looking to texlax, def go with Silk Elements.

Highly Favored8

I just had my hair relaxed with Silk Elements I did not care for it. I also feel that my stylist overprocessed my hair,(as a result I will be 30 weeks post b/f I relax/texlax again) so as a result I am going to relax/texlax my hair with my beloved Affirm senstive scalp.

Last edited:

Demi27

The last time I relaxed was with Silk Elements. I loved it mainly because of the way my hair felt afterwards. It felt silky for weeks after I relaxed (even when I washed several times).

Ms_Twana

I just had my hair relaxed with Silk Elements I did not care for it. I also feel that my stylist overprocessed my hair,(as a result I will be 30 weeks post b/f I relax/texlax again) so as a result I am going to relax/texlax my hair with my beloved Affirm senstive scalp.

The last time I relaxed was with Silk Elements. I loved it mainly because of the way my hair felt afterwards. It felt silky for weeks after I relaxed (even when I washed several times).

Which Silk Element did you use: regular, shea butter, olive oil, etc?

jerseygurl

Not a new member

I used the same for the first time, and while it left me under processed in some areas i will definitely use it again

Demi27

I used Shea butter one.

That's funny, I didn't even know they made different lye ones until you mentioned it.LOL. It was definitely the one in the brown container.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I've used SE regular strength/formula no-lye and it's the love of my life. Makes my hair soft, shiny and smooth. The best relaxer ever. I've also used Vitale Life & Body lye. I liked it when I first used it because it didn't burn and left my hair with some body. But with my second use, it burned me badly and left me underprocessed :perplexed I think I'm gonna switch to SE shea butter lye, since I had such great success with their no-lye

(FYI, my whole life, I've never stuck with one relaxer. I changed relaxers every single time, always trying to find something better. SE is the only brand that made me go back for more)

Tarae

I liked Silk Elements (shea butter) lye. I love the whole SE line though. It's on sale this month at Sally's so I've made a few :look: trips.

Ms_Twana

I used the same for the first time, and while it left me under processed in some areas i will definitely use it again

Which one did you use, Vitale or Silk Elements?

(FYI, my whole life, I've never stuck with one relaxer. I changed relaxers every single time, always trying to find something better. SE is the only brand that made me go back for more)

Really. See, I've always been told by stylists that switching to different relaxers would damage your hair. I am also curious to know whether or not switching from no lye to lye (or vice versa) will cause any damage? That's something for me to consider since I'm currently no lye.

Highly Favored8

Your hair very pretty in your siggy.:grin:

She used regular. I did not like it it left my hair very hard and brittle. With Affrim Sensitve scalp Fiberguard, I would see NG in 2-4 weeks with Silk Elements I do not see or feel it yet:nono:.

Highly Favored8

I've used SE regular strength/formula no-lye and it's the love of my life. Makes my hair soft, shiny and smooth. The best relaxer ever. I've also used Vitale Life & Body lye. I liked it when I first used it because it didn't burn and left my hair with some body. But with my second use, it burned me badly and left me underprocessed :perplexed I think I'm gonna switch to SE shea butter lye, since I had such great success with their no-lye

(FYI, my whole life, I've never stuck with one relaxer. I changed relaxers every single time, always trying to find something better. SE is the only brand that made me go back for more)[/quote]

ITA with you when you said this. However, for me it is Affrim Sensitve scalp with fiberguard which makes me go back for more.:yep:

jerseygurl

Not a new member

Really. See, I've always been told by stylists that switching to different relaxers would damage your hair. I am also curious to know whether or not switching from no lye to lye (or vice versa) will cause any damage? That's something for me to consider since I'm currently no lye.

Sorry Ms_Twana I wanted to say that I used Vitale Life and Body and have never used Silk Elements although I'm tempted to try it next time

morehairplease

Hey there sweetie,

Along with Mizani lye these are the other two relaxers I have on my list for my upcoming corrective relaxer(bone straight) in Oct. I have been unable to find anyone in my area that uses the Vitale Pro relaxer b/c I am really interested in using the safe rx mild or the high comfort. I was able to find an online retailer but they only sell to professionals:wallbash:. If I go with the Mizani, I plan on ordering from sleekhair.com. The HS lye relaxer I used to self relax left me underproccessed/telaxed and my fine strands are knotting and tangling like crazy.

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.

Stylist? What's that? :giggle: I switched relaxers all of the time and never suffered any damage :yep:

IDK about switching from lye to no-lye. I think I've read of one member here who switches whenever she feels like it. I don't know how that would effect your hair in the long run though

ajoyfuljoy

Hey there sweetie,

Along with Mizani lye these are the other two relaxers I have on my list for my upcoming corrective relaxer(bone straight) in Oct. I have been unable to find anyone in my area that uses the Vitale Pro relaxer b/c I am really interested in using the safe rx mild or the high comfort. I was able to find an online retailer but they only sell to professionals:wallbash:. If I go with the Mizani, I plan on ordering from sleekhair.com. The HS lye left me underproccessed/telaxed and my fine strands are knotting and tangling like crazy.

I have used HS for the last two go arounds and it reminds me of ORS in that, no matter how long you leave it on, it will only process you so far. I'm on the fence about it now b/c sometimes I can't even tell the difference b/t my NG from my relaxed hair anymore. Silk Elements no lye in the box got me nice and straight but burned like no other.

I can't seem to find a medium b/t relaxers that underprocess and relaxers that burn. But as long as my hair is OK with being slightly underprocessed, I might have to stick with that. At least it will be thicker in the long run.

me-T

silk elements shea butter lye relaxer in regular. i haven't gotten bone-straight with it. but PLEASE base really well! it can burn!

morehairplease

I have used HS for the last two go arounds and it reminds me of ORS in that, no matter how long you leave it on, it will only process you so far. I'm on the fence about it now b/c sometimes I can't even tell the difference b/t my NG from my relaxed hair anymore. Silk Elements no lye in the box got me nice and straight but burned like no other.

I can't seem to find a medium b/t relaxers that underprocess and relaxers that burn. But as long as my hair is OK with being slightly underprocessed, I might have to stick with that. At least it will be thicker in the long run.

Hey there love,
completely co-signing with you. The underprocessing would be okay if my fine strands could handle it. I know that telaxed is better for the hair but my hair is so tightly curled that if I telax the knots/tangles would make any effort of growing my hair somewhat impossible. The more I think about it the more I am leaning towards using the Mizani lye for fine/color-treated hair b/c I remember have a stylist use this on my a year or two ago after having natural hair and the results were awesome.

Kellum

I relaxed my virgin hair with SE Lye Regular and it left me really under processed. I know it wasn't my technique because I've relaxed many times before and I had a 4 lb tub so I had plenty of relaxer. After 7 weeks I went to get a touch up and corrective with Affirm Fiberguard Sensitive Scalp No Lye. My hair still isn't bone straight but its not like like it was before.

RadiantBeauty

Your hair very pretty in your siggy.:grin:

She used regular. I did not like it it left my hair very hard and brittle. With Affrim Sensitve scalp Fiberguard, I would see NG in 2-4 weeks with Silk Elements I do not see or feel it yet:nono:.

I would have to concur!:yep: Your hair is beautiful!:gorgeous: I used Revlon Mild Lye last month when I texlaxed, and my hair felt so good and had body too! When I used the Silk Elements relaxer my hair felt good in the beginning, but it reverted.:nono: Other members here have complained about Silk Elements reverting. Your better off trying Vitale, my best friend uses it and her hair looks beautiful!

mrshicks2002

I have used silk elements lye regular twice and I relax bone straight. I thought I was tripping the first time when I had new growth so soon but my hair had reverted and lately I have been noticing alot of shedding. So I gave it one more try and the same thing happend, so no more silk elements for me. It seemed that it would have been a great relaxer for me, but with the reverting and shedding I cant continue to use. I think I will be giving vitale or revlon relaxer a try if I dont find anymore.

HERicane10

EXACTLY! Wanting to switch to the Olive Oil version though! :lick: