Vatika Oil-I Think I Accidently Stumbled on Something!

TemiLnd

LondonDiva said:
Bumping are people still using this regularly?

Yes I use this every other day with MN mixed in. on the alternate days I use my sulphur mix. I actually like the herby smell. My edges have been doing so well. I have a bout 1cm of hair in my temple area where before I had a few short strands. My hairline has definitely thickened up. So I can actually see my hair line has come forward a bit. The majority of my hair was about an inch behind my hairline at the temples. So its great and works for me…:)

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Ok ya'll I finalyy got my order in from East West Bazaar. I purchased the Amla Oil, Vatika Oil and the Coconut Oil. I'm in :love: with the Amla Oil. I haven't tried the Vatika Oil yet. It is really hard so I had to let the bottle sit in warm-hot water for a littlebit. But I never got around to using it. :lol: I read on the back of the instructions that for best results you should leave on overnight then wash out the next morning. I will probably do this over the weekend. :)

mscocoface

I am going to use it everyday until June. If I like what I see in June then I will continue.

I want to be sure to give it a chance, but so far the results I see I like so it isn't that difficult to add this to my daily hair care.

God's Anointed

hothair said:
yep, nightly on my scalp with sulphur powder, i think it's working (well something is...);)

Hey i was gonna do this sometime this week and i was wondering how much sulfur you added to yours. I definitely need to start using the stuff i have here.

longhairluva

I just talked to my Indian co-worker and she said this is the oil the use. She also recommended Amla oil. She is picking up some bottles for me to try. She said they warm it and massage into there scalp and let it stay there for about 2 hours.

Christa438

I just put it on my "to-try" list for when my current hair oil treatment product is used up.:) I've actually heard about it a few times before. So I'll take this vatika report as a sign.

Last edited:

LondonDiva

I mixed half and half MTG and Vatika last night. The Vatika TOTALLY masked the MTG. No smells other than coconut. No smells this morning either. I may try this mix daily.

hothair

God's Anointed said:
Hey i was gonna do this sometime this week and i was wondering how much sulfur you added to yours. I definitely need to start using the stuff i have here.

I got the idea from Temilnd's fotki, i put in the sulphur powder about 1-1/2 tablespoons in a 240ml (8oz) applicator bottle and thenfill up with Vatika oil and voila! shiny new growth. I got my sulphur from baldwins.co.uk HTH

metalkitty

I'll have to try this, all this talk about henna and other indian products has brought out the PJ in me! Can someone describe the thickness of this oil? Is it runny enough to put a color applicator nozzle on and apply directly to the scalp? I'm super lazy and am just seeing if I can skip a couple steps.

seraphinelle

I tried looking for this oil yesterday!!
And the Indians were looking at me like I was CRAZY.

I found Amla oil.. but not Vatika,

I'll try again next week, I need some umpf in my hair growth.

Studio_gal

seraphinelle said:
I tried looking for this oil yesterday!!
And the Indians were looking at me like I was CRAZY.

I found Amla oil.. but not Vatika,

I'll try again next week, I need some umpf in my hair growth.

What part of London are you in?
Its very common in Tooting (large Indian population) - the 1st grocery (fruit and veg) I walked into had it.

seraphinelle

I"m in north london, I'll have to venture to Tooting at some point.
Just didn't feel like heading to south london then back through to north...

BOOO!!!

LOL

But i'm desperate, I"ll go!
Thanks!!

LaNecia

metalkitty said:
Can someone describe the thickness of this oil? Is it runny enough to put a color applicator nozzle on and apply directly to the scalp? I'm super lazy and am just seeing if I can skip a couple steps.

The thickness of this oil is that of Coconut oil (that's the base oil). It's great in a color applicator bottle (which is why I use it)! Even with the Sulphur powder in it, it applies as easy as pie! :yep:

I just bought two bottles of Vatika Oil yesterday..time to bottle swap!

Aalize

metalkitty said:
I'll have to try this, all this talk about henna and other indian products has brought out the PJ in me! Can someone describe the thickness of this oil? Is it runny enough to put a color applicator nozzle on and apply directly to the scalp? I'm super lazy and am just seeing if I can skip a couple steps.

It's comprised mainly of coconut oil, so, it solidifies at room temperature. I melted mine then added it to an applicator bottle. Now when I need to use it, I just put the applicator bottle in hot water and wait until it melts.

LondonDiva

seraphinelle said:
I"m in north london, I'll have to venture to Tooting at some point.
Just didn't feel like heading to south london then back through to north...

BOOO!!!

LOL

But i'm desperate, I"ll go!
Thanks!!

You don't need to venture South. There are tons of Indian shops ALL OVER London. An Indian chemist, health shop, grocery store anywhere with a densley populated area in London you should have no problem getting it. Call PAK it's a Indian run Afro Caribbean hair store in Finsbury Park and see if they stock it. The store is HUGE.

There are loads of PAK's all over London. Here is the supermarket number you should be able to get it in there.
PAK Trading Co

35, Stroud Green Rd, Finsbury Park, London, N4 3EF
Tel: 020 7281 4545

Supermarkets

seraphinelle

@LondonDiva
I went to three yesterday, in different parts or north london, and one BSS (that's where I got the amla oil)

But no vatika oil, at all.

Or did they even understand me,

They were looking at me crazy like I wasn't speaking English.

hothair

seraphinelle said:
@LondonDiva
I went to three yesterday, in different parts or north london, and one BSS (that's where I got the amla oil)

But no vatika oil, at all.

Or did they even understand me,

They were looking at me crazy like I wasn't speaking English.

What part of North London are you? Pak (finsbury park) doesn't carry it...yet. And I agree a lot in closer to the central areas (Kilburn etc) don't seem to either. But all the grocery/ Asian shops in Kingsbury (high st) do. To get there check streetmap.co.uk

missnappylady

I love Vatika!! I even like the smell.:look: I used it mixed with Amla as a prepoo every week and it makes my hair sooooo insanely soft.

seraphinelle

I try every which way possible, I even write it out for them

LOL

I say va-ti-ka

vay-tee-ka

va-tee-ka

LMAO

Is there any other way?

I just find more often than not, people like to fukk with me in this country and act like they can't understand a simple north american accent.

metalkitty

VWVixxen said:
The thickness of this oil is that of Coconut oil (that's the base oil). It's great in a color applicator bottle (which is why I use it)! Even with the Sulphur powder in it, it applies as easy as pie! :yep:

I just bought two bottles of Vatika Oil yesterday..time to bottle swap!

Thanks, I just bought some this evening and think I'll have to run it under hot water since I live in a cooler climate than you.

Studio_gal

He_Leads_I_follow said:
Lock of Love that's a good question! I notice they pronounce it Wah-Tea-ka Oil (Vatika).
HTH!

Thats only because in general they pronounce all 'V's as 'W'. :look:

stinastina

metalkitty said:
Thanks, I just bought some this evening and think I'll have to run it under hot water since I live in a cooler climate than you.

I just rub it in my hands and it melts.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I'm loving this thread. :)

I've been using this and I love it. My sides are filling in beautifully. The thickness and the shine are out of this world! :shocked: I gave the rest of my bottle to my mom and now she has fallin' head over heels for it. :lol:

Any more updates?

Last edited:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I have been using this along with Alma Oil for about 2 weeks and I love the shine that it gives me. I am just having the hardest time getting it out of the bottle. Do you heat the whole bottle up on should I just run it under hot water for a few seconds before I am using it?

nycutiepie

LadyR said:
I have been using this along with Alma Oil for about 2 weeks and I love the shine that it gives me. I am just having the hardest time getting it out of the bottle. Do you heat the whole bottle up on should I just run it under hot water for a few seconds before I am using it?

This is the same damn problem I had when I used it for the first time the other day and I thought it was just me. I ran the whole bottle under hot water but I only needed a little to mix into a prepoo concoction I was mixing. That still didn't melt it all though. How are people getting it out of the bottle because mine is thick?

LaNecia

nycutiepie said:
This is the same damn problem I had when I used it for the first time the other day and I thought it was just me. I ran the whole bottle under hot water but I only needed a little to mix into a prepoo concoction I was mixing. That still didn't melt it all though. How are people getting it out of the bottle because mine is thick?

I use a color applicator bottle, I usually transfer about 2-3 ounces at a time.

Liquify it all FIRST, shake and then put a lesser amount in the bottle of your choice. Using a smaller amount will require less time to warm it up. When you've run out, then simply reheat the original bottle and do it again.