Vatika Oil-I Think I Accidently Stumbled on Something!

LocksOfLuV

Okay I am not one to promote topical growth enhancers, not saying I have something against them, it's just that I am too lazy to try them. And I always feel that when doing such it is best to post before and after pics, which I don't have. So with that being said, I am going to call this a "recommendation" rather than a growth/enhancer story. Let me start by saying I also never had problems with my hair line thinning, sides yes, hairline never.

Okay, so now that winter has began (and I am in the cold cold state of Ohio) I have been noticing some flakes around my hair line and part ( I usually bun so my part is in the middle). Not dandruff because it couldn't be "scratched up" like most dandruff, just flaky dryness. So I ventured onto trying stuff to put on it. Moisturizers gave me pimples, kemi oyl game me dandruff, and so on and so on.

I read my bottles and I noticed that Vatika oil has lemon and neem oil in it which supposed to help with dandruff. So I started using Vatika oil once a day in the monring, which stopped the flakyness immediatly which I am very fond of. I just applied it to my part, the upper part of my sideburns and around my hair line, before I went in the shower, so I can remove any excess oil from my face while showering. So I have doing this for about a month and a half and I notice something. I am starting to look hairy.:eek:

I'm not talking about little short hairs, I am talking long baby hairs, and my side burns look thicker than Ashante's (before she got celebed up). Now once again, I never had trouble with my hairline, and as a matter of fact I always had thick sideburns. It just that this Vatika oil (I think it is the culprit) is making my hairline a lot hairier. I even asked my sister if she noticed it and she even said yeah.

I just wanted to tell you ladies this just in case you might want to try it or just need a little help thickening the hairline. I am not saying it is THE culprit but I am sure it is. I look around at the Indian woman at my school and they all have thick hairy hairlines and maybe it is something in this oil that they use that helps. Anyways just wanted to throw a suggestion out there. I don't have any before or after pics because like I said I never had problems with the hairline so why even take pics.

Pic of vatika oil:

ETA:
Dabur Vatika Hair Oil Coconut Ingredients:
Coconut oil
Neem Leaves
Brahmi
Amla
Harar
Bahera
Kapurkachri
Henna
D.M Water
Cow milk
Rosemary Oil
Lemon oil
Perfume
Antioxidant - tert. Butyle hydroquinon

Last edited:

shunta

*I'm laughing to myself about the comment on Ashanti's sideburns*:lol:

Anyway, these ingredients look vey impressive. I may have to try it. Where did you buy it from?

cicilypayne

Thanks for posting I started to purchase this oil last month but I brought Anmol (pure cocnut oil):) :) by Dabur instead. When I run out I can see myself purchasing this based on your recommendation.

LocksOfLuV

shunta said:
*I'm laughing to myself about the comment on Ashanti's sideburns*:lol:

Anyway, these ingredients look vey impressive. I may have to try it. Where did you buy it from?

Lol, I had to throw that in there. I got mines from the Indian store.

LocksOfLuV

cicilypayne said:
Thanks for posting I started to purchase this oil last month but I brought Anmol (pure cocnut oil):) :) by Dabur instead. When I run out I can see myself purchasing this based on your recommendation.

I never seen Anmol coconut oil, I will be on the lookout for that.

LocksOfLuV

hondahoney007 said:
I'm going to have to try this. Is it scented?

Lol, it says it has fragrance to it, but it has a smell it isn't fruity or perfumed, i can't describe it. imo it doesn't stink though, a natural scent, i like it. you probably have to smell it for yourself but it def. isn't powerful.

tsiporah

LocksOfLuV said:
Okay I am not one to promote topical growth enhancers, not saying I have something against them, it's just that I am too lazy to try them. And I always feel that when doing such it is best to post before and after pics, which I don't have. So with that being said, I am going to call this a "recommendation" rather than a growth/enhancer story. Let me start by saying I also never had problems with my hair line thinning, sides yes, hairline never.

Okay, so now that winter has began (and I am in the cold cold state of Ohio) I have been noticing some flakes around my hair line and part ( I usually bun so my part is in the middle). Not dandruff because it couldn't be "scratched up" like most dandruff, just flaky dryness. So I ventured onto trying stuff to put on it. Moisturizers gave me pimples, kemi oyl game me dandruff, and so on and so on.

I read my bottles and I noticed that Vatika oil has lemon and neem oil in it which supposed to help with dandruff. So I started using Vatika oil once a day in the monring, which stopped the flakyness immediatly which I am very fond of. I just applied it to my part, the upper part of my sideburns and around my hair line, before I went in the shower, so I can remove any excess oil from my face while showering. So I have doing this for about a month and a half and I notice something. I am starting to look hairy.:eek:

I'm not talking about little short hairs, I am talking long baby hairs, and my side burns look thicker than Ashante's (before she got celebed up). Now once again, I never had trouble with my hairline, and as a matter of fact I always had thick sideburns. It just that this Vatika oil (I think it is the culprit) is making my hairline a lot hairier. I even asked my sister if she noticed it and she even said yeah.

I just wanted to tell you ladies this just in case you might want to try it or just need a little help thickening the hairline. I am not saying it is THE culprit but I am sure it is. I look around at the Indian woman at my school and they all have thick hairy hairlines and maybe it is something in this oil that they use that helps. Anyways just wanted to throw a suggestion out there. I don't have any before or after pics because like I said I never had problems with the hairline so why even take pics.

Pic of vatika oil:

ETA:
Coconut oil
Neem Leaves
Brahmi
Amla
Harar
Bahera
Kapurkachri
Henna
D.M Water
Cow milk
Rosemary Oil
Lemon oil
Perfume

I am in Ohio too. Cleveland/Akron area.:lol: Yeah, I know what you mean about that cold since I am towards the Glacier North.

Been wanting to try that Vatika been also I see the shops have is the shampoo and conditioner and not the oil.:ohwell:

blackbarbie

I don't know about the growth, but I can definitely say it does a lot for softness and shine!! The reason I say I don't know about the growth is that I have been wearing braidouts and twistouts for about the past month or so and I have been sealing my moisturizer with this vatika oil so my hair won't be so dry feeling when the style sets. I love this stuff.:) It's neither too light or too heavy and when my braids dry and i take them down, they are very soft.

navsegda

hondahoney007 said:
I'm going to have to try this. Is it scented?
Oh, it's scented alright. As someone else put it, it smells like really bad Indian curry.

I do love the list of ingredients in it. That's one reason why I bought it and why I force myself to tolerate the smell. I use it to prepoo most often...but when I put a little on my hair after shampoo days, I always add a little Amla Lite oil to combat the smell.

P.S. I ordered mine from eastwestbazaar.com

navsegda

LocksOfLuV said:

Pic of vatika oil:

ETA:
Coconut oil
Neem Leaves
Brahmi
Amla
Harar
Bahera
Kapurkachri
Henna
D.M Water
Cow milk
Rosemary Oil
Lemon oil
Perfume

I really think you're onto something about the growth. I've read several places that this oil promotes hair growth, and one of the ingredients that specifically plays a huge part in that is the Rosemary Oil.

tenderheaded

I purchase my Vatika oil locally (1.99 for 6.76oz) I use it on my scalp because it fights dandruff. I am 4 weeks post and I'm feeling more growth than normal. I didn't want to say anything before because I thought I was hallucinating:perplexed
But I gotta say, for such a small price, I'm getting more than just dandruff free hair. No, it's not "reversion". I relaxed after 14 weeks, and there was considerably more growth than now.

I say let's get other Vatika users to monitor their usage and report back!

LocksOfLuV

tsiporah said:
I am in Ohio too. Cleveland/Akron area.:lol: Yeah, I know what you mean about that cold since I am towards the Glacier North.

Been wanting to try that Vatika been also I see the shops have is the shampoo and conditioner and not the oil.:ohwell:

I am in cincinnati right by the river and that wind is NOOOO joke. :lol:

LocksOfLuV

blackbarbie said:
I don't know about the growth, but I can definitely say it does a lot for softness and shine!! The reason I say I don't know about the growth is that I have been wearing braidouts and twistouts for about the past month or so and I have been sealing my moisturizer with this vatika oil so my hair won't be so dry feeling when the style sets. I love this stuff.:) It's neither too light or too heavy and when my braids dry and i take them down, they are very soft.

I love this oil for sealing too, I use it to out my ponytail and use regular coconut oil for my ends. It does leave the hair nice and soft.

LocksOfLuV

navsegda said:
I really think you're onto something about the growth. I've read several places that this oil promotes hair growth, and one of the ingredients that specifically plays a huge part in that is the Rosemary Oil.

I don't know, I really don't but something is up.:p

Summer_Rain

hmmm...i've had 2 big bottles of this stuff in my stash for about a month now and didn't even realize it! I'd like to thicken up my nape...so I may just try this

twistedsista

Vitika Oil is fantastic. I have been using it for the last 3 months and my hair is stronger and thicker. It really adds the best shine to my hair and helps to detangle my hair after washing. I plan to buy some more in a couple of days. I also put it into my henna treatment this past weekend. Would definately recommend it to anyone.

twistedsista

I love this oil. It gives great shine and strength to my hair. My hair actually absorbs it and does not feel greasy. It also helps with detangling. Highly recommened.:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

hondahoney007

navsegda said:
Oh, it's scented alright. As someone else put it, it smells like really bad Indian curry.

I do love the list of ingredients in it. That's one reason why I bought it and why I force myself to tolerate the smell. I use it to prepoo most often...but when I put a little on my hair after shampoo days, I always add a little Amla Lite oil to combat the smell.

P.S. I ordered mine from eastwestbazaar.com

Thank you navsegda. I'll check out their website.

Nita81

I was raving about this to my bf(who I'm sure was half listening :lol:) earlier today.

I've been using this for the past 2 weeks. I haven't noticed any growth....but I did notice the softness, silkiness, and shine!

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Although I've only used it for about a week, I really like it. I thought it would have smelled more like coconut oil since that's the main ingredient. But the first scent I smell is the lemon; and after that wears off, there's a weird smell that lingers for a bit. I'm getting used to it. It really softens my hair.

It's one of Sistaslick's staples, and I finally tried it. I'll put a little extra on the hairline at night after reading your review.

Last edited:

LondonDiva

Why'd I have to stumble up in here??
WHY

I had PJ issues and living in London a place full of Indians I can go down the road and find this with no problem.

Probably makes sense as why some of those indian women are quite hairy with thick sideburns and hair lines.

naturaline

i love this oil- it was the only thing i could put in every day when my hairs flat ironed felt GREAT and the shine was like whooow!!!

LondonDiva

naturaline said:
i love this oil- it was the only thing i could put in every day when my hairs flat ironed felt GREAT and the shine was like whooow!!!

Did you notice any extra growth/thickness from it?

WomanlyCharm

O.k., I'm definately going to give Vatika oil a try...I'd been eyeing a product that has the same ingredients as the Vatika Oil, but it costs 45 dollars! Here it is:

VIEW ALL PRODUCTS BY Global Goddess Shine Coconut Amla Revitalizing Hair Treatment
For shiny, thick locks women in India rub it in! Amla that is! This 'divine' fruit, also known as Indian Gooseberry, is one of the richest natural sources of vitamin C. Just a touch of this extract brings a natural shine, soft texture and rejuvenated health to your lifeless locks. Hair strength is enhanced with anti-oxidant rich grape seed and neem oils, while coconut oil and henna make each strand shine. It's a miracle for your mane - and don't forget your body -- rub in any leftovers for touchable skin softness!

I'm so glad I don't have to buy this...it's amazing the deals you'll find at the indian stores! :grin: