Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Y'all was quiet most of day, but hunn-key made up for it! :lachen: :lachen:

Took my twist out - thank gawd! Never, ever start kinky twists with a twist. It would've been some serious issues if I waited another week or 2.

Rubbed some brbc & used Shi growth tea :lick:

I can't wait to was & dc, but I got 4 dogs this weekend. These mangy mutts ain't hardly gonna let me spend all that time on my hair without cuttin up!

Y'all bout to make Me use the finga to hit pay nah on the trigga :look: is it that good?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

Eisani

I ain't seen y'all all day :lol:. Today has been busy! Just got home and opened my Claudie's. She was a sweetheart and sent me a free hair gel, 16 oz tea rinse and normalizing rinse AND upgraded the size of one of my conditioners for the delay. That was more than generous of her. Some of the scents ain't all that (cough syrup), but I can't wait to try everything!

LuvlyRain3

IDareT'sHair and Seamonster I only gave my first impression of it but now I've used it enough times to pass judgement. It's is thicker then most "hair milks" but it doesn't weigh the hair down. It's does moisturize well.

The downsides for me are that it doesn't have much slip and it doesn't seem to play too well with others. I wouldn't repurchase. I prefer SD almond buttercreme. It's a great moisturizer and I can use it with any of my styling products and get good results.

I believe Lita gave a review of the hair milk also.

beautyaddict1913

Eisani I love Claudie's gel! It's a staple for me, works magic on these extra thick edges!

last night I used kbb milk (used it up) but my hair is so dry today that it makes no sense lol. I'm just tea spritzed with its perfectly natural, oiled with kbb heavenly, saturated my head with cj smoothing condish (used up) and saturated the other side with SSI pomegranate, which does not compare in moisture to cj conditioners, it's far too light to compete. I can use this SSI before I get weaved up next week!

Ltown

Greyland
Hey ladies! I'm coming to you via iPhone you all know I'm amateur techie but I try to compete with dd can't have her thinking I'm old lol. Hairitage coffee butter is in at $20 for 4oz. Can't do that IDareT'sHair I know you didn't lol

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I plan to buy my teas and some coffee products this weekend. One pass used. I'm hoping Claudie's Tea Spritiz and coffee products will be available when I use my next pass for the Curl Junkie sale.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Ltown

Yeah Brownie518 and I were talmbout that the other day....

She definitely needs to 'adjust' that price on the Coffee Creme. Even Marie Dean ain't goin' in like that.:blush:

I still wanna give a "Shout Out" to her Cocoaloe Hair Hydration (her version of a Hair Milk) It's thebomb.com:lick:

Eisani

Hey ladies! Today I'm rocking a naked WnG for the first time. So far, so good. I cowashed w/Tresemme Natchals last night after working out and I was so tired I slept in my hair plopping towel. Got up this morning and shook it out, decided to KIM.

Y'all I hope I like this Claudie's. I can tell you now any future orders will be unscented. I can do without any of the fragrances :nono:. Something I smelled this morning smelled like plant dirt.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Eisani - oh my! I was hurt when she stopped allowing the custom scent, I understood why, but she should've kept the more popular scents. What u get the smells bad?

That's why I was on the fence with the braid spray, it was unsecured or baby powder scent, I wanted neither

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Bout to start the detangling process so I can at least cowash, finish up HV 24/7, and see if I can finish up PBN smoothie that's open.

Eisani

Golden75 that Coffee Quinoa smells nothing like I expected it would- that's the plant dirt, and the Mango Rinse is what smelled like cough syrup. I can't remember any others right now. Oh wait, the serum and gel are tolerable w/the powder scent. One of the dc's I got has a faint Hello Sugar smell.

Eisani

Welp, Toronto in two weeks. Can I get the London or Mumbai assignments? I need a change of scenery. Bright side is dd and boo get to go with me this time.

13StepsAhead

hey divas the internet is finally back up and running.

Clarified with my new garnier poo and my hair actually felt pretty soft, considering it has sulfates in it. Now I'm DCing with AO blue green Algae and I think this might be added to my staples list :yep: only down side is I used dang near 1/2 of this tiny 4oz jar, but luckily vitaglo has it for the low.

chebaby

chello ladies:wave:
today is very bad hair day. i shampooed with come clean(used it up) then followed with emergencee(used it up) then detangled with ssmoothing conditioner(one more use left). then i used giovanni direct leave in and i had white stuff all over the front of my hair and then the back was crunchy and just a mess.
so i came home and shampooed with elucence shampoo(so far dont see the hype), then conditioned with hair rules quench conditioner:nono: then used giovanni as a leave in. so far my hair feels good but we will see.

i went to the bss today and they now sell darcys(i think they are trying to pick up where hair and body boutique left off lol) so i got the transitioning cram(have no idea what she did to this but it now stinks), hair rules cleansing cream, hair rules conditioner and jessi curl aloeba conditioner.

man that hair rules conditioner pissed me off. no slip what so ever so i couldnt detangle well at all. no moisture at all. best thing abotu it is the smell and ive smelled better lol. i used the whole dang bottle. dont know what i paid for it but it was 15% off but still. i used that whole bottle up already:nono:

LuvlyRain3

I finally got my MD today!!
First impression: all the scents are lovely and definitely not overwhelming. The dcs are nice and thick.

IDareT'sHair now about them butters.... She tried it....but failed. Now the whipped murumuru and avocado was pretty soft but definitely not whipped. And the whipped green illipe was hard as a rock. Ummm I'm going to see how I like one of the dcs before I decide to order again. Buy that definitely crosses the sweet almond honey body whip off my list.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
LuvlyRain3

I said continuously that IMHO Butters were not her strong suit. :look:

In my experience, none of them had been whipped.:ohwell:

The Olive & Tucuma was 'soft' (pliable) but definitely not whipped. The Aloe & Mint is soft but definitely a pomade.

That "Whipped" Chocolate Raspberry was hard as a Brick.:grin:

Seamonster

Am I the only one that likes MD butters :lachen: I better stock up before they get discontinued :shopping: Oh I forgot I am on a no buy, oh well. I hate those soft whipped butters. I like thick hard grab a chunk, and melt on my body butters. I like Hairitage grease stick, just roll it on and I am done.

LuvlyRain3 thanks for the review, I guess the mocha milk is not suited for natural styles cause we need slip to detangle. I wonder how it works for blow outs, various rollersets or flat ironing? :rolleyes: I wasn't brave enough to pick up the almond butter. Maybe I will try it on the next sale. Did you twist or bun with it?

LuvlyRain3

IDareT'sHair I completely agree with you. Those butters are nowhere near whipped. I'll only be able to use them on my skin because I don't like hard butters in my hair.

Seamonster with sd almond buttercreme and Hairitage jojoba honey twist you can do pretty much anything. I've gotten 5-6 day twists and braid outs from this combo. I did a banana clip bun with the almond buttercreme and silk and aloe. I was a nice slick bun and I will admit that I am not a bun master (yet :look:)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Eisani Nah Girl, I've requested most of my Claudie items 'unscented'.:look:

I tend to listen to Brownie518 and Shay72 on Claudie.:yep:

Ms. B did suggest the Jamaican Punch scent last summer and it is very nice. However, I think when she changed her site, she did away with most "Scents"

My Quinoa & Coffee smells just like Cocoa Butter. I have several things with "Hello Sugar" as well.

IMHO: Nobody did scents like Jasmine.:lick: KBB has nice scents too.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
LuvlyRain3

Nah...I won't buy any more Whipped "butters" from MD.:nono:

Hopefully, this Argan Hair Creme is nice & creamy.:look:

The Yogurts, Smoothies, Lotion and Puddings are great tho'.:grin:

Seamonster

Hey ladies! I'm coming to you via iPhone you all know I'm amateur techie but I try to compete with dd can't have her thinking I'm old lol. Hairitage coffee butter is in at $20 for 4oz. Can't do that IDareT'sHair I know you didn't lol

Now that my hair is full shoulder length again. :nono: $20 for 4 oz. I am going to have to put your girl down. She making MD look cheap. I know it is good, but I can't mess with those teaspoonful jars with all this hair blossoming.

IDareT'sHair I saw your Camile in the exchange, I guess you sticking with MD. Haven't tried my CR yet.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Seamonster

Yeah, she needs to work on that price.:lol: She was complaining about the high cost of Coffee Oil etc.....:look:

Maybe she'll rachet it back. I should convo her and have a take a look at what others are offering for Coffee Products.:yep:

I don't even think that b.a.s.k. Java Bean is that much & it's 4 ounces and I refused to buy that because of the price & ounces.:blush:

Claudie is 'Launching' a Coffee Line soon, so we'll see..........

ETA: I have 'Multiples' of CR. I may have at least 3-4 of those items. It's a great line.

Most of the time when I Sell stuff it's because I've 'inventoried' it and have too many.:lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Tonight Used Up:

1 Package of Indigo 1 back Up
1 Darcy's Botanicals Cleansing Conditioning Creme *maybe 2 back ups*
1 Nexxus Keraphix 1 Back Up (maybe 2)