Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2009 pt.2

Shay72

Natural, 4A
It feels good to be home--well I've been home bout an 1 hour or more but been catching up-- and Imma bout to slap some vatika frosting in my hair for overnight.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
for me im starting to think my hair loves evoo more than any other oil, even more than coconut oil. but like you T, i have so many oils.
im thinking about adding grapeseed oil to some conditioners but i dont know. i have no idea what else to use it for.

For Me: That will be a "Summer" Oil. It's extremely lightweight and I really like the Consistency.

Che: So, Did you Decide whether you liked the Jojoba Oil? I have that one to. I will get around to it.

Most of Mine are open (except the Apricot Kernel Oil:perplexed)

i.e. Jojoba, Avacado, Sweet Almond, Soy, EVOO, EVCO, Macadamia Nut.

I was adding them when I was mixing up Pre-Poos and things.:look:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I am a bit drained but I am looking forward to doing my hair tomorrow. One thing I have gotta get is a more comfortable chair to sit in while I am steaming. I am so uncomfortable and I really felt it the last time I steamed.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Forgot to report: I used up a Black and Bossie All Natural Hair and Scalp Treatment i.e. Grease.

This will definitely be a "Staple" Grease for Me. (Thanks Charmtreese:grin:).

Love:love: this stuff. I cannot believe I've used a 8oz Jar this quick, because it only takes a little.

It Feels Good.

And it Smells Good.:lick:

So, I guess I am plugging right along on the Use Up Trail.

Last edited:

La Colocha

I am a bit drained but I am looking forward to doing my hair tomorrow. One thing I have gotta get is a more comfortable chair to sit in while I am steaming. I am so uncomfortable and I really felt it the last time I steamed.

You can find a cheap and in good condition chair at goodwill. The bigger your city is the better the stuff. I need one too but its to replace my computer chair. I stumbled across some stuff one time they were hiding in the back:look:. They had all kind of nice chairs, sofas , desks ect.

Eta: some things still even had the price tag on it. Like if its damaged in shipping at furniture stores minor flaws they give that stuff away to goodwill.

Forgot to report: I used up a Black and Bossie All Natural Hair and Scalp Treatment i.e. Grease.

This will definitely be a "Staple" Grease for Me. (Thanks Charmtreese:grin:).

Love:love: this stuff. I cannot believe I've used a 8oz Jar this quick, because it only takes a little.

It Feels Good. And it Smells Good.:lick:

So, I guess I am plugging right along on the Use Up Trail.

Go t go. Your doing great. Umm do you have the ingredients:look: I just want a peek.:peek:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Umm do you have the ingredients:look: I just want a peek.:peek:.

Black & Bossie All Natural Hair & Scalp Oil:

Aloe Vera, Biotin, Vitamins B5, A & E, Bee Pollen, Jojoba Oil, RNA, Wheat Germ, Hydrolized Protein, Cystin,
Keratin and other natural ingredients in a natural base.:grin:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Speaking of Afroveda products, I just got an email from www.honeyfig.com stating that they are carrying the their products and Komaza Care products as well.

I like sites that I can use to get multi brand products from to reduce shipping charges:yep:. I may now be looking more into these 2 brands.

I am not sure if I will be purchasing any of them just yet, but I will certainly do some research on them now that I can find them in one place.

Question:

Ladies who use Afroveda and Komaza Care products, which conditioners and moisturizers do they have that really moisturizesvery well and which ones has great strengthening properties:look:?

Thanks for this post Aggie! They have Darcy's too.

Americka

for me im starting to think my hair loves evoo more than any other oil, even more than coconut oil. but like you T, i have so many oils.
im thinking about adding grapeseed oil to some conditioners but i dont know. i have no idea what else to use it for.

I love grapeseed oil! IMO, HOTs using the oil are fabulous. I've used it to seal in moisture. And I've also added it to conditioners.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

La, its a great product!! I love grease and this is one of my faves!! I mainly use this and Njoi Herbal Hairdress. :lick: Next is my Natural Oasis.

Um Hm.:rolleyes: Tryina Clean it Up Now:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Seriously: It's Nice. Lightweight and a Generous Amount.

So, If you have an Affinity for Jarred "Grease" this is a very nice one.

Uh.. Brownie??:lachen: Ain't It?

La Colocha

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

La, its a great product!! I love grease and this is one of my faves!! I mainly use this and Njoi Herbal Hairdress. :lick: Next is my Natural Oasis.

Ohh, i love that grease. My mom said she couldn't find it anymore, that the store she went to stopped selling it. That company could go so far but it seems like they are slacking.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I love grapeseed oil! IMO, HOTs using the oil are fabulous. I've used it to seal in moisture. And I've also added it to conditioners.

IA: It's very nice. I will definitely repurchase this oil during the warmer weather.:yep:

I Have to Pull Out the Big Guns Now because the temperature is dropping daily.

Tomorrow it is only suppose to be in the mid 50's:look:

So Right Now for the next 5-6 months, For Me: The Heavier the Better.:ohwell:

Brownie518

Ohh, i love that grease. My mom said she couldn't find it anymore, that the store she went to stopped selling it. That company could go so far but it seems like they are slacking.

So true! I was heated when they stopped selling on their site. I get mine from Payne's Beauty Supply. I'm going to get the 3pack next time. :yep:

Americka

IA: It's very nice. I will definitely repurchase this oil during the warmer weather.:yep:

I Have to Pull Out the Big Guns Now because the temperature is dropping daily.

Tomorrow it is only suppose to be in the mid 50's:look:

So Right Now for the next 5-6 months, For Me: The Heavier the Better.:ohwell:

Well, we've been in the low 90s for about three days and I am beyond ready for a cold front. It was so humid that I "phony ponied" all week. I'm curious - what "heavier" oils are you using?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Well, we've been in the low 90s for about three days and I am beyond ready for a cold front. It was so humid that I "phony ponied" all week. I'm curious - what "heavier" oils are you using?

low 90's what 'dat?:lachen:

La Colocha: Would You Tell Her?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm curious - what "heavier" oils are you using?

Sorry Americka: Girl, I Got Caught up on that 90 Degree Weather.:look:

EVOO, EVCO, Wheat Germ, Organic Soy, Sweet Almond, Avacado, Jojoba, Vitamin E and probably Apricot Kernel.

I haven't opened that yet, so I am unsure of the consistency.

Macadamia Nut is very light as well. So, I put that in the same category as the Grapeseed and put it away for now.

Brownie518

Take Note Ya'll: Typical PJ Move (at Bolded)....

So...Why You Gotta Get a 3 Pack?:look:

La Colocha;9040456 I don't blame her for that one. [B said:
That stuff can become extinct any day now[/B].:yep:

Exactly!! I can only find two places online that carry it and I use it up pretty quickly. I used to order the multipacks from their site, too.
So, there, T!!! :lachen:

La Colocha

Goodmorning ladies, later today i will be doing

A hot prepoo with- yes to carrots mud mask and afroveda hibicus hair oil infusion.

Then washing with taliah waajid stimulating herbal cleanser which is a clarifier.

Then deep conditioning with the rest of ashlii mama t sent me, that will be used up today.

Follow up with a moisturizing dc butter mix and then moisturize and seal with tw mist and jojoba butter and put my hair in 4 plaits. I am feeling this jojoba butter alot.:yep: Everyone have a good day im off to work.