Mega-Tek/OCT Challenge November 2008

Mandy4610

Oh Lawd, I am sitting here DCing with a mix of MT/OCT and oils and I am reading these posts on overproteinated hair:eek2:
I should go and rinse it out and do a moisturizing DC ASAP. I am going to use Keracare Humecto with honey and EVOO.
I hope I have not overloaded my hair with protein:pullhair:

Iluvsmuhgrass

Before I got my MT and OCT I started taking garlic tabs. That significantly reduced my shedding (or breakage, not sure what the difference is). But 13 days into OCT/MT I am shedding all over again. I can't touch a comb to my head without losing a bunch of hair.
I am scared!
My hair is really silky as I condition it, but as it air dries it gets hard and tangly (?!). I haven't used heat on it since I started with OCT/MT. I don't manipulate it at all, I'm too afraid of combing out all my hair! I am combing the boards now for any advice that may have been posted on this. Help!

Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 has worked for me so far. I haven't fine tuned it yet but it stopped a majority of the breakage.:yep:

JustKiya

It's just important to keep a close eye on your hair - if it starts getting hard, and you start seeing increased breakage, it's most likely the protein - this is a risk that you take with using these products.

So, don't be afraid to use them on the length of your hair - but use it with the same frequency as you would Apoghee.

And, if you (as some ladies have) choose to use it more often, you just have to keep an even CLOSER eye on the moisture level in your hair, and work harder to keep your moisture level high enough to balance the protein.

And if your hair does start to show signs of overload, ramp up the moisture before you try anything else - and back away from the protein. :yep:

flowinlocks

It's just important to keep a close eye on your hair - if it starts getting hard, and you start seeing increased breakage, it's most likely the protein - this is a risk that you take with using these products.

So, don't be afraid to use them on the length of your hair - but use it with the same frequency as you would Apoghee.

And, if you (as some ladies have) choose to use it more often, you just have to keep an even CLOSER eye on the moisture level in your hair, and work harder to keep your moisture level high enough to balance the protein.

And if your hair does start to show signs of overload, ramp up the moisture before you try anything else - and back away from the protein. :yep:

Well said!!!:yep: I have used MT/OCT as often as every night, BUT ON THE SCALP ONLY!! I get enough protein on the ends from it rinsing through when I cowash.

grnidmonster

I am so thrilled with OCT and MT! I am not posting my final reveal until 12/25 because that will make an exact 4 months of use but, I was looking at my progress pics and I started them using freshly washed WET hair. When I look at the last 3 months of progress pics, I can see the thickness but, I know it has grown too. So I straightened-plus I wanted to try Sabino Moisture Block. My hair really grew! I was bareley past SL when I started and now I am well past apl headed to BSL. I will have to cut because the hair is so thin and weak @ the ends but, OCT?MT is working and I know it is at a growth rate faster than my normal. Pics in my fotki. Final reveal 12/25.

amara11

Thanks for this explanation. :yep:

SmartyPants

Add me to the list who only use it on my scalp. My hair HATES too much protein so I only put it on my scalp and I deep condition AT LEAST twice a week with most weeks 3x a week.

glamchick84

oct users, are you using the complete system or just the one for hair growth!!! TIA

never mind, i couldn't wait so i ordered the cell therapy

Last edited:

glamchick84

is anybody else experiencing shedding with mt? i have very thin/fine hair, and my hair starts shedding like crazy the minute i apply it.....maybe i should od on garlic pills

Last edited:

LaidBak

is anybody else experiencing shedding with mt? i have very thin/fine hair, and my hair starts shedding like crazy the minute i apply it.....maybe i should od on garlic pills

LoL! Go back to post #345 and read down from there. I had the same problem and asked the same question yesterday. The Ladies have been helping me out.

ellennicole

I thought I added myself to this challenge. I've been using MT since September. :) I love the way my hair looks and feels.

I'm not as consisent as I should be, but I used Mega Tek with my Hairveda oil on my scalp. I usually do it every other week b/c I do wear it down every other week (I can't spend money going to the stylist and NOT wear my hair down at least a couple of days).

I am contemplating buying the OTC, but I like the results I'm getting with MT. I have very thin fine hair as well, and I have not noticed any shedding. I make sure that I ONLY put it on my scalp.

Last edited:

constance

Thank you, Jamaicalovely for your advice re: keeping MT handy. I've moved my bottle from the bathroom to my computer table where I'm sure to see it each and every day.:yep:

AtlantaJJ

I started back using my MT for the past two weeks and today I noticed a lot of little fine baby hair sprouting up in my parts and in my hairline. The hairs are really fine and some are a whiteish color!! Some are dark but they are definitely new hairs because they are short, however I am not experiencing any breakage of any kind. They are in my hairline and all over my head and my scalp feels creepy crawly!!

Has anyone else experienced this?

I was almost late leaving the house this morning looking at them this morning :shocked:

JustKiya

I started back using my MT for the past two weeks and today I noticed a lot of little fine baby hair sprouting up in my parts and in my hairline. The hairs are really fine and some are a whiteish color!! Some are dark but they are definitely new hairs because they are short, however I am not experiencing any breakage of any kind. They are in my hairline and all over my head and my scalp feels creepy crawly!!

I was almost late leaving the house this morning looking at them this morning :shocked:

Interesting!! Sounds like you have a bunch of new growth!! Could you have grays coming in? You should come over to the latest thread, and ask, too... :yep:

Evolving78

i just started using it several days ago, so no growth, but i do feel the creepy crawlies!