Mega-Tek/OCT Challenge November 2008

mistee11

Question: I know we're not supposed to use other products that contain protein while using MegaTek. Do you think it would be ok to use Alberto VO5 Moisture Milks (Strawberries & Cream) moisturizing conditioner (it has soy milk protein)?

If not, what are you ladies using to co wash?

Bumpin'.....

Naturelle

So....I'm a bit late....:perplexedbut , uh...I'm joining anyway...:look:lol. Maybe someone will start a challenge for December 2008 or January 2009

Mandy4610

So....I'm a bit late....:perplexedbut , uh...I'm joining anyway...:look:lol. Maybe someone will start a challenge for December 2008 or January 2009
Welcome...this is an on-going challenge DSD starts a new one every month because it gets too long:yep:

Ivy Santolina

Question: I know we're not supposed to use other products that contain protein while using MegaTek. Do you think it would be ok to use Alberto VO5 Moisture Milks (Strawberries & Cream) moisturizing conditioner (it has soy milk protein)?

If not, what are you ladies using to co wash?

The biggest concern with CO washing is build-up. The soy milk protein should not be a problem because you will be rinsing out right-away. So I say give it a try and see how your hair reacts.

Personally, I alternate between VO5 Herbal escapes kiwi lime squeeze Clarifying condish and Cowboy Magic Concentrated Rosewater Condish Demineralizer & Detangler. The water here in Germany is very hard (high in calcium) and it leaves a film on my skin and hair. These two conditioners work well to prevent the calcium build up. I found the Cowboy Magic on the www.valleyvet.com website - this is where I bought the MegaTek. I prefer the Cowboy Magic over the VO5 but they both work well.

HTH,
IvyS

Last edited:

nikkablue

I am officially jumping on the bandwagon! I got my OCT today. I already have some MT. Does anybody use there two together? if so how?

Platinum

I'm getting a little discouraged now. I was hoping for SL by Dec but now, I'm not sure if that will happen.:sad: My hair is still uneven. I'm mostly neck length but I have a few strands that are grazing collarbone length. My nape isn't growing as well as I planned. I'm going to stay on MT and hope that I can see some improvement.

Tamrin

unapologetic
Im sill using my MT. I have been doing coffee rinses to curb the shedding. I got off the garlic pills. So far no shedding.

genesis132

I just typed this long response and my darn browser had logged me out...
But because I love you ladies...here goes again (modified)

I haven't posted in a while bc I'm settling in my new home...anyhoo'

I'm finally out of my braids. I wore them from July thru Nov. I gained some inches and did retain but I am slightly trimming damaged ends every wash day. Anywho'...since being out of my braids I have finally found a regimen and I'm STICKING TO it!!

**I put my slightly moist, detangled hair in 5-6 plaits
**I apply OCT to my entire head, then leave on usually for 5 mins...but last night I left on overnight
**I hop in the shower and rinse it out, then use the OCT Color Poo and rinse out, then I apply the OCT Creme Rinse and leave that in while I bathe.
**Once out of shower, I apply AO Honeysuckle Rose to my entire head (i still have the plaits in)
**Next I follow Samantha Jones Home Grown STEAM Treatment and get under Pibbs for 1 hour at the max. temp setting.
**I rinse, then remove plaits
**Next I apply my leave-in, seal with coconut oil
**Lastly I rollerset using only distilled water and Profective Healthy ends creme on my ends only...

LADIES!!! If you have not tried this steam streament....you are missing out...My hair has done a complete 180 since adding this to my regimen....I really need the mositure and my hair is sooo soft, detangled, and mostly tangle free after I rinse. I do this treatment every week, and it solves the moisture provlem while using OCT/MT[/I]

Now about OCT/MT...

*I am now back to using mainly OCT...I found that MT causes me to have more shedding...although while I was in braids, I def think this increased the thickness in my hair.
*So..I will be reordering my OCT in a few days..
**I found that a few strands of my hair is missing around the edges in the front...is this shed hair? Did the MT cause this? I dunno...but it's definitely gone...it's not bald...but it's now little curlies there..

My goal now is not trying to gain the most hair in the shortest amount of time...but to keep what I have and trim unhealthy ends.

So I'm in maintenance mode with OCT products. I truly like the way the complete OCT line makes my hair feel and use those excusively for my shampoo.

I plan to use up my MT...but I don't think I'll repurchase it for now.

Since out of braids and wearing my hair rollersetted, I may apply the OCT 1x or 2x per week to my scalp..

I'm about simplicitly now, and less manipulation. The length will def come...

Last edited:

RENIBELL

hi ladies, i dont post often but just wanted to let you all know that its still working for me. i cut down to using it once a week as a treatment to my whole hair and scalp and then deep condition. so far so good. i think my hair is getting thicker. did anyone notice that their hair got darker too:look:

jamaicalovely

I just typed this long response and my darn browser had logged me out...
But because I love you ladies...here goes again (modified)

I haven't posted in a while bc I'm settling in my new home...anyhoo'

I'm finally out of my braids. I wore them from July thru Nov. I gained some inches and did retain but I am slightly trimming damaged ends every wash day. Anywho'...since being out of my braids I have finally found a regimen and I'm STICKING TO it!!

**I put my slightly moist, detangled hair in 5-6 plaits
**I apply OCT to my entire head, then leave on usually for 5 mins...but last night I left on overnight
**I hop in the shower and rinse it out, then use the OCT Color Poo and rinse out, then I apply the OCT Creme Rinse and leave that in while I bathe.
**Once out of shower, I apply AO Honeysuckle Rose to my entire head (i still have the plaits in)
**Next I follow Samantha Jones Home Grown Treatment and get under Pibbs for 1 hour at the max. temp setting.
**I rinse, then remove plaits
**Next I apply my leave-in, seal with coconut oil
**Lastly I rollerset using only distilled water and Profective Healthy ends creme on my ends only...

LADIES!!! If you have not tried this steam streament....you are missing out...My hair has done a complete 180 since adding this to my regimen....I really need the mositure and my hair is sooo soft, detangled, and mostly tangle free after I rinse. I do this treatment every week, and it solves the moisture provlem while using OCT/MT[/i]

Now about OCT/MT...

*I am now back to using mainly OCT...I found that MT causes me to have more shedding...although while I was in braids, I def think this increased the thickness in my hair.
*So..I will be reordering my OCT in a few days..
**I found that a few strands of my hair is missing around the edges in the front...is this shed hair? Did the MT cause this? I dunno...but it's definitely gone...it's not bald...but it's now little curlies there..

My goal now is not trying to gain the most hair in the shortest amount of time...but to keep what I have and trim unhealthy ends.

So I'm in maintenance mode with OCT products. I truly like the way the complete OCT line makes my hair feel and use those excusively for my shampoo.

I plan to use up my MT...but I don't think I'll repurchase it for now.

Since out of braids and wearing my hair rollersetted, I may apply the OCT 1x or 2x per week to my scalp..

I'm about simplicitly now, and less manipulation. The length will def come...

Great post! Where to find the SJ Home treatment?

Also, :morepics:. You know the rules:grin:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I'm still using MT/OCT every other day and during the off days I am spraying my scalp with my caffeine/water mixture. Just this morning I had my husband massage my scalp with MT/OCT then I put on my conditioning cap. My scalp is singing as we speak. He also took notice that the thin spot in my crown is filling in. :D I asked him when did he think that I would be able to wear a part down the middle of my hair and he said maybe in a few months. :yay: :grin:

LaNecia

LaNecia aka VWVixxen checking in...haven't been much into hair care for the past 4 months. Had some major life changes, moved from Southern Cali to Washington to State where there is VERY little in the way of black hair care, new job/career, getting our first home set up next week.

Anyway, back on track after having put in two strand twists for July - October. Did a texturizer and am currently using my Mega-Tek daily. AFter having done a big chop in April (down to about 2 inches), I'm ready to get back to shoulder length and beyond.

My December reveal won't show much but for me, that's my starting point rather than an end...

~L~

jamaicalovely

I'm still using MT/OCT every other day and during the off days I am spraying my scalp with my caffeine/water mixture. Just this morning I had my husband massage my scalp with MT/OCT then I put on my conditioning cap. My scalp is singing as we speak. He also took notice that the thin spot in my crown is filling in. :D I asked him when did he think that I would be able to wear a part down the middle of my hair and he said maybe in a few months. :yay: :grin:

Aww...isn't your DH sweet. My DH will no way touch the horsey stuff. I'm so tempted to try it on his head. He has a bald spot in the middle of his head. Shhh....I think I'll rub it there while he's sleeping.:sleeping::shhh:

LaNecia aka VWVixxen checking in...haven't been much into hair care for the past 4 months. Had some major life changes, moved from Southern Cali to Washington to State where there is VERY little in the way of black hair care, new job/career, getting our first home set up next week.

Anyway, back on track after having put in two strand twists for July - October. Did a texturizer and am currently using my Mega-Tek daily. AFter having done a big chop in April (down to about 2 inches), I'm ready to get back to shoulder length and beyond.

My December reveal won't show much but for me, that's my starting point rather than an end...

~L~
Girl, you know we got your back for the black hair products!:yep:

ImaBoss

Is there going to be a December Challenge, if so I would like to join in, Im late and very new at the same time, I just received my OCT Wednesday and Im ready to start.

flowinlocks

Is there going to be a December Challenge, if so I would like to join in, Im late and new at the same time, I just received my OCT Wednesday and Im ready to start.

I believe this challenge goes thru. March 09, We just update every month with new thread because the original one got too long.

ImaBoss

I have a newbie question??? Are any of you ladies using/applying MT/OCT between cornrows/braids and washing-cw & dc with your hair in the braids? Thanks a bunch ladies

Last edited:

Mrs. Verde

I have a newbie question??? Are any of you ladies using/applying MT/OCT between cornrows/braids and washing-cw & dc with your hair in the braids? I wear wigs and lace wigs for now and usually my hair is braided underneath. Thanks a bunch ladies

There are few ladies who are wearing wigs and weaves. I think jamaicalovely is wearing a wig and putting MT/OCT on her braids. Check out her fotki.

jamaicalovely

I am using MT/OCT while wearing weaves. I apply the mix on scalp between braids with a color applicator bottle. I have documented results in my fotki.