December '08 OCT/Mega-Tek Challenge-Wrap up

jamaicalovely

Thanks, ladies.

JL, your hair looks gorgeous. Do you color it black?

Great progress. Grow on girl, grow on!
No, did not color. I don't know where that black come from. And actually have patches of gray hair, it's cute though.

Last edited:

Mandy4610

Quick question ladies,
I am going to be getting all cornrowed up on the 9th of January, but I am in grow aid related challenges, so how do you apply the MT/OCT when your hair is cornrowed?
I will not use extensions for the cornrows and I would like them to stay in for at least a month.

Any ideas?

mistee11

Quick question ladies,
I am going to be getting all cornrowed up on the 9th of January, but I am in grow aid related challenges, so how do you apply the MT/OCT when your hair is cornrowed?
I will not use extensions for the cornrows and I would like them to stay in for at least a month.

Any ideas?

Mandy, I'm cornrowed in a wig but I still MT/BT/MN (kinda slacked off on the MN) but will be starting back because I'm experiencing a lot of dryness because of the winter and all. What I do is mix my MT in a spray bottle with evoo, vitamin e oil, BT and dilute it with Pantene Detangling spray ( I like it because it has castor oil in it). I shake it up real good and spray it between the rows, then massage it in.

**Glamourlicious**

So....I am no longer using MT but I have been consistent with my OCT and using MN with it. I am going to straighten possibly in January and see what I have. Hopefully I will have some growth worth mentioning. Unless I see some AMAZING growth...when I reup...I will be switching back to MT or using MN alone.

Your Cheeziness

Hi ladies. I've been lurking for almost a year and finally joined. But I learned about MT from my lurking and have been using it ever since August and WOAH! is all I can say. I look forward to seeing more progress with everybody! DSD, I sent an add request to the challenge!

beans4reezy

Hi ladies. I've been lurking for almost a year and finally joined. But I learned about MT from my lurking and have been using it ever since August and WOAH! is all I can say. I look forward to seeing more progress with everybody! DSD, I sent an add request to the challenge!

My goodness!! Very nice growth! Your hair looks sooooo well moisturized and healthy too!!

sqzbly1908

Wow - that looks great and such sheen...

LaidBak

Woe is me! I just applied MT to my hair in the shower. 3 minutes later I had hard hair. It was coming out in my comb. Two DCs, some olive oil, 1 hour of heat, 1 leave in, 2 moisturizers and 1 sealing oil later and my hair is soft but still breaking off in the comb in little pieces. *Sigh*
I can do it just fine with OCT but I guess MT is just too strong for my hair....lesson learned.

Your Cheeziness

My goodness!! Very nice growth! Your hair looks sooooo well moisturized and healthy too!!

Thx. I started using MT the same time I started my healthy hair journey. As you can see my hair was fudged. MT helped with the growth obviously, but really aided in taking care of my breakage. The MT new growth (about 4.5 inches) actually has a slight line of demarcation from the thicker MT hair and my previous overprocessed hair. And I only use MT on my scalp, never on the lenght. Does anybody else see that?

Nya33

Great progress happy MT is doing good things for you, i love the colour of your hair!

phyl73

Woe is me! I just applied MT to my hair in the shower. 3 minutes later I had hard hair. It was coming out in my comb. Two DCs, some olive oil, 1 hour of heat, 1 leave in, 2 moisturizers and 1 sealing oil later and my hair is soft but still breaking off in the comb in little pieces. *Sigh*
I can do it just fine with OCT but I guess MT is just too strong for my hair....lesson learned.

Have you ever used MT before this? I lost ALOT of hair when I took my first sew-in out and did not put conditioner on my hair before I used the shampoo that came with the Ovation line. I learned a good lesson. :yep: I have to put moisture on the length of my hair before I do anything to it after I take down a sew-in. I only apply both products to my scalp. I use a color applicator to get to my scalp between the tracks. I still co-wash at least 3-4 times a week with this sew-in. HTH!

SignatureBeauty

I just received my MT the other day and it does smell lovely, I have used it on my scalp for 2 days, I just put some in a 4oz. jar and pop a few Vitamin E capsules in the MT and mix it and apply to my scalp. So far no shedding, I moisturize before applying it! Once this bottle is used up I won't be purchasing again because I have pretty good growth on my own, but a little growthboost never hurt nobody!

SelfStyled

Cheeeziness, your hair looks great.

My progress is in my Siggie. I use OCT- I love it. Definitely a staple. Since my last update I did try the MT but it made me shed alot. I barely shed with OCT, it has helped my hairs elasticity, length and thickness. I focused the OCT on my right side and you can see that my right side is fastly catching up to my left/longer side.

right side

sunshinebeautiful

Thx. I started using MT the same time I started my healthy hair journey. As you can see my hair was fudged. MT helped with the growth obviously, but really aided in taking care of my breakage. The MT new growth (about 4.5 inches) actually has a slight line of demarcation from the thicker MT hair and my previous overprocessed hair. And I only use MT on my scalp, never on the lenght. Does anybody else see that?

Yep, I have the line of demarcation too.

I'm checking in with my latest progress pics or lack of.:sad: I got my hair flat-ironed but I was told about and shown my split ends. I need to take off about 2 -3 inches but I let her trim 1/2 for now.:wallbash: I guess I'll bite the bullet next month and get rid of the rest. I guess I shouln't be so upset since I'm transitioning any way and one day the ends will have to go but I'm still sad and disappointed.
August

December

jazzzmoods

I only used MT / OCT from 12/06 but here is a quick update picture. With my length and style it is hard to judge progres....but here you are!!

Happy New Year!!!

Attachments

• Short Hair 11.30.08 to 12.31.08.jpg
    Short Hair 11.30.08 to 12.31.08.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 30

Ivy Santolina

Does any one know if there will be a 2009 OCT/Mega-Tek Challenge? I enjoyed this challenge and would like to see it continued this year.

I updated my siggie with my Dec 31st pics. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of growth I achieved in 6 weeks. Unfortunately, my latest pics are a little crooked. My SO and I were in a hurry and I didn't realize he held the camera crooked.

Twisties

My End of Year Flat Iron and Curl ...

I will keep it up with the Ovation--I think my hair is fuller and even grew some. It's coming along:grin:.

I had my hair flat ironed and curled with the Sedu Revolution. I like the Sedu -- no snags and used one pass to get it straight enough for me.

grnidmonster

My progress is in my sig. I gained length and fullness, hard to tell i know. I will do straightend pixs in 2009 so the comparison is easier.

Thanks ladies for your support, by bald spots and edges have filled in nicely, almost no scalp showing now and I can wear my hair up (pix in fotki-not for weak stomachs:nono:).

This thread has been a blessing. I am so thankful I found it and MT/OCT.

Happy New Year!