update! bunning aint no joke!

LightEyedMami

YOUR hair is beautiful!!!....i wish this 4b hair could bun :(...but its to much manipulation for my hair everyday (unless in twists).

choconillaprincess

Simply_elle i do the whole search and destroy bit whenever i think about it... probably once a month or so.... i dont do real trims though...
here is a pic of my bun i wear to work everyday... it's definitely more function than fashion lol i wish i had more creative styles to offer

RegaLady

I can't see your pictures but I believe that congratulations are in order!

WARNING UNPOPULAR POST*****************
I know you're all going to yell at me for this but ... isn't it easier to grow your hair when its less coily or when you have a straighter texture? Everyone I know with type 2 or type 3 hair gets length seemingly quickly and effortlessly. I have type 4 hair and I can't just co-wash, seal and throw a tie on my hair. I'd have to comb/brush through the tangles, mold it down to my head, tie it up etc. No disrespect to the original poster because I celebrate your success! Having said that - when I find an easier, less painful way to do so I want to bun more since I try to work out several days a week.

4A/B hair texture here. :yep: While I do not cowash, I do the a damp twisted bun that stays moist all week. It can be done!:yep: I create three twists from the ponytail and take the three twists to create a braid, seal, roll and tuck then pin the bun in place. I take it down once or twice a week to moisturize.