Are You Bunning Today? I AM!

I am bunning today. I washed and deep conditioned yesterday and wet bunned. Then I tied it up last night and woke up this morning and took the hair wrap off, spritz it with an aloe vera mixture and was ready to go. I am loving this...so easy and simple. :yep:

mariofmagdal

Washed and deep conditioned last night, hair is still in braided sections from air-drying, I know my hair is no where near dry, but I have to go out this afternoon, so yes after some moisturizing, I will be sporting my signature bun, has been my only style for years!

Traycee

How are you damp bunning? Do you airdry some then bun it?

I spritz daily with Aloe Vera Juice , Glycerin, and Water...I ran out last month of Aloe so I have been spritzing with just Glycerin and distilled water....I spritz my new growth and hair in the morning till very damp..then use my moisturizer and seal with oil ...Then bun..Put a little aloe vera gel on my edges and scarf

Because its been so hot...Im going back to spritzing in the morning and at night for the summer

After co-washing or washing..After I apply my leave ins and oil ...I just let my hair hang for about a hour or so ..Then bun while my hair is damp..

Thats it....

Traycee

Oh I forgot...When I bun I use two Goodie Elastic bands....I use the first one and make a loose pony tail...Twist my hair then wrap it around and use the second Elastic band to secure my bun....

I only take down my pony every couple of days...Everyday I just undo the bun leaving the pony and spritz moisturize and seal the length of my pony.And rebun..Put a little of Elasta Qp Mango Butter and Aloe Vera Gel to my edges ...

Staying out of my hair has allowed me to stretch

hillytmj

Yes, I just started recently and I love it! I hope to get better retention like everyone mentions.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I've been bunning everyday/all day since 10/08. My routine is quite similiar to Traycee's for spring & summer. If I have cowashed in the morning prior to work I will do spray leave in, moisturize, seal, then bun. I actually do it on sopping wet hair. My hair has been so strong with me upping the protein & using the ayurvedic powders I don't worry. If it is not a cowash in the morning day then in the morning I will use a spray leave in to saturate my hair, then moisturize, seal, then bun. I use all kinds of things for my edges and put on a scarf also. I repeat the process before I go to bed at night.

janeemat

I spritz daily with Aloe Vera Juice , Glycerin, and Water...I ran out last month of Aloe so I have been spritzing with just Glycerin and distilled water....I spritz my new growth and hair in the morning till very damp..then use my moisturizer and seal with oil ...Then bun..Put a little aloe vera gel on my edges and scarf

Because its been so hot...Im going back to spritzing in the morning and at night for the summer

After co-washing or washing..After I apply my leave ins and oil ...I just let my hair hang for about a hour or so ..Then bun while my hair is damp..

Thats it....

So this is not a problem if you have a lot of new growth to comb it into a bun. I would have snap, crackle and pop combing ng into a bun with that much hair. I usually rollerset, so therefore I'm dealing with tiny pieces of hair. Your hair is beautiful, so it's obviously working.

Jalen's Mom

I bunned today, and I added a pretty cream flower! Someone told me that I reminded them of Billie Holiday. I had to laugh! :yawn:

Traycee

So this is not a problem if you have a lot of new growth to comb it into a bun. I would have snap, crackle and pop combing ng into a bun with that much hair. I usually rollerset, so therefore I'm dealing with tiny pieces of hair. Your hair is beautiful, so it's obviously working.

I only comb on shampoo day and my hair saturated in conditioner...I just brush the outer parts of my hair with a soft bristle brush to create my buns.....I don't do daily manipulation

Last edited:

sheba1

I took down my 3 day bun this morning, washed conditioned and I'm hoping to have this bun for 3 days too.

Oooh, this is what I want to do!! Do you wet bun? There's a girl at my job with curly hair (3a maybe?) that wet buns every two to three days and grew her hair to MBL (from ear length) inside of two years. She showed me pics. She flat irons and wears her hair down every once in a while.

I'm bunning today!! I co-washed and did a loose wet bun this morning with a satin scrunchie. I didn't even need to comb or brush! Just smoothed with my hands, added vatika oil and went out the door. I felt adorable! :) Now just have to get myself some hair accessories :yep: I think bunning and I have become fast friends.