Ultra Black Hair Products + Kinky Curly=Hair Growth? I got pics to help u help me...

SayNo2HairCrack

Hey you guys I am smacking new to this site... AND I LOVE IT !! :grin: I loovve hair and recently became very interested in length and the health of it so naturally I will find this site... ... I want my hair to be around my waist area WHEN straighten and around under my arms while natural...lon nngg way to go (by the way WHAT IS APL, BSL KHY, and all those abbreviations u guys are using??? I'm assuming they are in reference to length, but all I'm catching is armpit level) BUT anywhoo I have a question for you hair "experts" I'm pretty sure someone will be able to answer fairly quickly.. :rolleyes: I love kinky curly... I don't use it religiously but when I want a quick cute style I run to it.. however due to the coating on the hair... will it help or slow down my hair growth?? My sad hair regimen....

Deep condition every week w/ Ultra Black Hair Conditioner (under dryer 20 mins)
(depending on the style I want that week) Kinky curly leave in conditioner then apply custard
orrr after conditioning use Ultra Black Hair moisturizer and Cantu Shea Leave in conditioner while wet and pull back from face and let the curls hang..
orrr I use both to do twists all over...

<--- I know its pretty sad and simple but like I said I am experimenting different things and since I recently read on the Cantu jar NOT to put on new growth after using it for like uhhh lets say 3 mths :wallbash::wallbash:... I am on a search to find a product that can keep my spirals after its dry like Cantu did...
Oh yeah for about a month and some days I have been taking GNC hair, skin and nails vitamins... and just y'strdy I started taking yogabody naturals which I got for tissue repair but after reading u guys threads I noticed its ingredients included things that should help my hair growth too (MSM-3219, Chlorella-161 Spirulina-161) ... don't see much change w/ the GNC alone but I think its too early to tell idk.. hopefully u can help me out !! thanks for any advice ... muah !! AND plus will taking those two pils ruin my skin?? its already way less than perfect :sad::sad:... any help or advice is appreciated!!

***ONLY IF UR INTERESTED***
A quick hair bckground... In October I will be natural for 4 years.. woohoo ... but before you check ouut my pics and expect long flowing hair.. know that I've cut my hair numerous times over the years.... between numerous bad trims by random scissor happy stylist orrr wanting to experiment with new haircuts while my hair was straightened. ANYWHO I have come to embrace my hair for about a year and half now.. I barely get trims ( think they are unnecessary..:yep:) learned how to manage it in its natural state AND let my curls rock out...:drunk::drunk: Unfortunately due to straighten and poor hair care I have 4aish hair for the most part but my front is kinda weird.. well FRIED straight ( it has a z pattern/stringly pattern to it @ the root and then limp about 5 inches @ the end :ohwell:) so every natural style I do has to adjust accordingly... HOWEVER after reading through some post I see that this maybe normal to have multiple hair types in my hair...:ohwell::ohwell: IDK

HELP IF YOU CAN!!!

Below is my most RECENT length shot.. it was done this past June.. and pics of my hair in its natural state wellllll natural w/ Kinky curly done today..

Attachments

• LengthShotJune2010.jpg
    LengthShotJune2010.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_20100825_055704.jpg
    IMG_20100825_055704.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20100824_182617.jpg
    IMG_20100824_182617.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20100825_055601.jpg
    IMG_20100825_055601.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 164

Barbie83

Re: Ultra Black Hair Products + Kinky Curly=Hair Growth? I got pics to help u help me

Your regimen actually sounds pretty solid to me :yep: Don't get discouraged by the super-complicated regimens on this site. If the products u use are working for you, stick to them. Sometimes its the simplest regimens that produce the best results :yep:

I also think your vitamins are good. Since you're taking them in a pre-balanced combination (instead of, say, popping 5000mg of biotin by itself), your skin should be fine. this skin problems people sometimes have come as a result of either taking too high a dose right off the bat or taking them in an unnatural dosage that the body can't handle. But still, drink PLENTY of water and just pay close attention to your face and if there are any problems, maybe play around with your dosage or try spreading it out.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help! Good luck on your hair journey and welcome to LHCF!

FroFab

Re: Ultra Black Hair Products + Kinky Curly=Hair Growth? I got pics to help u help me

Your regimen actually sounds pretty solid to me :yep: Don't get discouraged by the super-complicated regimens on this site. If the products u use are working for you, stick to them. Sometimes its the simplest regimens that produce the best results :yep:

I also think your vitamins are good. Since you're taking them in a pre-balanced combination (instead of, say, popping 5000mg of biotin by itself), your skin should be fine. this skin problems people sometimes have come as a result of either taking too high a dose right off the bat or taking them in an unnatural dosage that the body can't handle. But still, drink PLENTY of water and just pay close attention to your face and if there are any problems, maybe play around with your dosage or try spreading it out.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help! Good luck on your hair journey and welcome to LHCF!

I totally agree! :yep: Welcome to LHCF!

SayNo2HairCrack

Thanks a lot barbie!! And I looovvveee ur hair.... not sure mines will get the long but I'm sure gonna try... !! :)

larry3344

welcome....................

Fine 4s

Hey you guys I am smacking new to this site... AND I LOVE IT !! :grin: I loovve hair and recently became very interested in length and the health of it so naturally I will find this site... ... I want my hair to be around my waist area WHEN straighten and around under my arms while natural...lon nngg way to go (by the way WHAT IS APL, BSL KHY, and all those abbreviations u guys are using??? I'm assuming they are in reference to length, but all I'm catching is armpit level)

APL- Arm Pit Length
BSL - Bra Strap Length
MBL- Mid Back
WL - Waist
CBL- Collar Bone
TWA- Tenie wenie afro
HL- Hip
SL- Shoulder
etc. Don't be afraid to ask WTH?!

BUT anywhoo I have a question for you hair "experts" I'm pretty sure someone will be able to answer fairly quickly.. :rolleyes: I love kinky curly... I don't use it religiously but when I want a quick cute style I run to it.. however due to the coating on the hair... will it help or slow down my hair growth?? My sad hair regimen....

Deep condition every week w/ Ultra Black Hair Conditioner (under dryer 20 mins)
(depending on the style I want that week) Kinky curly leave in conditioner then apply custard
orrr after conditioning use Ultra Black Hair moisturizer and Cantu Shea Leave in conditioner while wet and pull back from face and let the curls hang..
orrr I use both to do twists all over...

How often do you follow your regimen?
Do you use conditioner to wash or shampoo? Here we calle the former co-washing (conditioner washing)
Do you experience breakage?
Do you strive to achieve moisture-protein balance by incorporating protein in your regimen?
You'll hear about all these topics here but mainly, as previously mentioned, stick to what works for you and IMO, be conservative when trying things out. By that I mean, take baby steps, test prods. out on a small section of hair, use samples and research, research, research. You'll love it!

<--- I know its pretty sad and simple but like I said I am experimenting different things and since I recently read on the Cantu jar NOT to put on new growth after using it for like uhhh lets say 3 mths :wallbash::wallbash:... I am on a search to find a product that can keep my spirals after its dry like Cantu did...
I wonder why you can apply it on new growth?

Oh yeah for about a month and some days I have been taking GNC hair, skin and nails vitamins... and just y'strdy I started taking yogabody naturals which I got for tissue repair but after reading u guys threads I noticed its ingredients included things that should help my hair growth too (MSM-3219, Chlorella-161 Spirulina-161) ... don't see much change w/ the GNC alone but I think its too early to tell idk.. hopefully u can help me out !! thanks for any advice ... muah !! AND plus will taking those two pils ruin my skin?? its already way less than perfect :sad::sad:... any help or advice is appreciated!!

Vits are always good to take if you are consistent with it. I don't take them cuz I can't commit.

***ONLY IF UR INTERESTED***
A quick hair bckground... In October I will be natural for 4 years.. woohoo ... but before you check ouut my pics and expect long flowing hair.. know that I've cut my hair numerous times over the years.... between numerous bad trims by random scissor happy stylist orrr wanting to experiment with new haircuts while my hair was straightened. ANYWHO I have come to embrace my hair for about a year and half now.. I barely get trims ( think they are unnecessary..:yep:) learned how to manage it in its natural state AND let my curls rock out...:drunk::drunk: Unfortunately due to straighten and poor hair care I have 4aish hair for the most part but my front is kinda weird.. well FRIED straight ( it has a z pattern/stringly pattern to it @ the root and then limp about 5 inches @ the end :ohwell:) so every natural style I do has to adjust accordingly... HOWEVER after reading through some post I see that this maybe normal to have multiple hair types in my hair...:ohwell::ohwell: IDK

Been natural since 95 and only until I found LHCF did my hair show anything interesting. Yes some people have various textures and hair types throughout but don't confuse that with heat straightened/damage/trained hair.

HELP IF YOU CAN!!!

Below is my most RECENT length shot.. it was done this past June.. and pics of my hair in its natural state wellllll natural w/ Kinky curly done today..

Looking good! Welcome.

SayNo2HairCrack

Thanks FroFab n Brbie!!! Appreciate the welcome and response... glad I am okay with my hair routine !! I guess I was worried about not moisturizing everyday but I didnt think any will get to it anyway through the kinky curly... since my hair has to be soaking wet before I apply the kinky curly...maybe that supplies enough moisture for a week... well anywhooo thanks again !

LadyPBC

Your hair is beautiful!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas

Kinky Curly is a natural product so it won't do any harm to your hair. It's probably one of the best gel's you could use as far as good ingredients. As long as you apply a good leave-in underneath it you should be good.

Janet'

Just wanted to say :welcome: :newbie:

mrsjohnson75

Welcome. Your hair is pretty :)

BostonMaria

:welcome:

Welcome to the board! Glad to see you put the scissors away! LOL I am sure that's half your battle right there. Your regimen is simple, but don't worry not everybody here has a 2 paged regimen. Mine is pretty simple too.

brucebettye

Welcome and your hair looks great.

SayNo2HairCrack

@Fine 4s
How often do you follow your regimen? (every week for the most part.. sometime I do it every other week if I'm busy :))
Do you use conditioner to wash or shampoo? Here we calle the former co-washing (conditioner washing) ((NOT at all but I have been mindful of what shampoo I use.. I only use Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Shampoo...since it gears toward keeping it moisturized.. is co-washing a better thing to do??))
Do you experience breakage? (not really... unless I haven't deep condtion for a month then when I do condition alot of my hair comes out.. :-( orrr if I pull it back in a tight pony while its wet and then take it out after a week... my holder will have some hair in it ))
Do you strive to achieve moisture-protein balance by incorporating protein in your regimen? ( I have nooo idea what that means... lol)
You'll hear about all these topics here but mainly, as previously mentioned, stick to what works for you and IMO, be conservative when trying things out. By that I mean, take baby steps, test prods. out on a small section of hair, use samples and research, research, research. You'll love it!

THANKS !!!

@LadyPBC my hair??? woww thanks !!! <sideeye> starting to really lovee this site.. :)

@Pokahontas Thanks !!! ur hair is beautifulll !!! ur screen name is very fitting...

Thanks for the welcome @Janet' and @mrsjohnson75 !!! and you guys curl pattern is soooo defined!! love it.. !! I think my hair mighhhtt fall like yours @janet when it gets longer... idk .. or are we the same length and urs just thicker...?? did u just let it rock out or did u set it to make that style?? **sorry for the questions.. I want mines to do that**!!

@BostonMaria LOL ! I know I wished I put the scissors away sooner... my hair should of been passed my goal by now !!! smh but thanks for the welcome and encouragement.. I really thought I had to critique my regimen..**sucking teeth** but I guess my pockets are happy!!

@brucebettye thanks!! and I love ur puff w/ the flower.. :) "..I rock rough and stuff with my Afro Puffs.."

Chocolatelove2010

You've got beautiful hair, and your regimen sounds good. Keep it up, and I'm sure you'll reach your WL goal. :grin:

danigurl18

Welcome!! I love your hair!! I was nervous when that whole thing about the Cantu on the new growth conspiracy came out. But I love the stuff and it hasn't stopped my hair growth. If aint broke don't fix it :)

SayNo2HairCrack

@Chocalate thanks!!! and ur hair is awweesssoommmee!!! love love love ur curls...

Welcome!! I love your hair!! I was nervous when that whole thing about the Cantu on the new growth conspiracy came out. But I love the stuff and it hasn't stopped my hair growth. If aint broke don't fix it :)

<--- so @danigurl18 u still use it?? the label on the Cantu scared me!! :spinning::spinning: I wonder why they say not to use it on new growth... idk.. gonna do some research.. I just found out about that a week or so ago.. n was like oh snappp what am I supposed to do now which is actually how I found this site.. but I love the pic for your hair goal... u actually look like the gurl.. :drunk: n thank you.. :)

Nonie

I love kinky curly... I don't use it religiously but when I want a quick cute style I run to it.. however due to the coating on the hair... will it help or slow down my hair growth??

I don't believe coating on hair has any effect on growth. Growth is from under the scalp, where living cells multiply. So what you do to the hair that is outside the scalp can either protect it from damage or just damage it. Coating of hair is a good way to protect it, but only becomes a problem is your hair is dry and the coating prevents you from moisturizing your hair. I haven't used Kinky Curly but if it is a moisturizer, it won't hurt your hair. If it's a serum, it too won't hurt your hair but may prevent you from moisturizing your hair when you need to, so you'd need to shampoo it out in order to moisturize then you can seal with it. Moisturizers usually have water as one of the first ingredients and make your hair feel soft because they kinda penetrate the strands. Serums have a lot of products ending with the suffix -cone near the start of the ingredient list and rather than make hair feel soft, they make it feel smooth as they sit on top of the strands to provide a coating that protects and smooths out strands.

ConstantlyDynamic

your hair is pretty! good luck on your journey to reach your hair goal:)

Mari-Cris

Welcome to the forum!

I am fairly new here as well and I am just implementing a regimen I hope will yield good results. My advice to you would be to spend some time looking around the forum and reading previous threads. Then find 2 or 3 women whose hair you admire and whose hair length you want. Then write down their regimens and the products they use and start buying those products.

Good luck on your Long Hair Journey!

SayNo2HairCrack

I don't believe coating on hair has any effect on growth. Growth is from under the scalp, where living cells multiply. So what you do to the hair that is outside the scalp can either protect it from damage or just damage it. Coating of hair is a good way to protect it, but only becomes a problem is your hair is dry and the coating prevents you from moisturizing your hair. I haven't used Kinky Curly but if it is a moisturizer, it won't hurt your hair. If it's a serum, it too won't hurt your hair but may prevent you from moisturizing your hair when you need to, so you'd need to shampoo it out in order to moisturize then you can seal with it. Moisturizers usually have water as one of the first ingredients and make your hair feel soft because they kinda penetrate the strands. Serums have a lot of products ending with the suffix -cone near the start of the ingredient list and rather than make hair feel soft, they make it feel smooth as they sit on top of the strands to provide a coating that protects and smooths out strands.

@bkprincess617 thank you !! I appreciate it.. :)

and helloo fellow newbie.. :)

@Nonie That makes alot of sense... thanks a lot!! I read the ingredients and everything in it is natural but the first ingredients isn't water it is the "botanical infusion of water" whatever that means, lol. But so far it isn't breaking my hair so hopefully it will continue to grow.. I just have to find a way to keep it moisurized because I don't like waiting a week...

FYI that GNC supplement is making my toenails a serious problem @ the nail salon... got to do this @ home ..smh. nails growing too fast, it looks like I just didn't get a pedicure...

Fine 4s

Oh another tip I recently learned how to do.

If you want to respond to multiple posters in your thread (or anyone's thread) in one swoop, click on the "+ button next to the 'quote' button at the botton of the posters thread. Click on as many as you want. Then when you're ready to write your response, click on 'Post Reply' at the botton of the page and all the quotes you selected will come up. You can simply insert your responses/thoughts/comments/emoticons etc. in between.

You have no idea how happy I was when I figured this out only THIS year!

SayNo2HairCrack

Lol.. wowww thanks ! I'm on some @suchNsuch blah blah blah... and I just discovered to hit the like button instead of commenting bck thank u to everybdy.. smh lol thank you ! :)