Kinky Curly Users

Muffinz05

I need some help. I used this product for the first time a couple of days ago and I love the results but the later in the day my hair felt hard and the next day I woke up to dry and flaky hair, no bueno! Before I put the product on, I do my normal routine after dc and thats oiling my hair and scalp with vatika. I normally use the curls milkshake but I decided to try the kinky curly this time. Any advice? :ohwell:

Leeda.the.Paladin

What product did you use from Kinky Curly? Just the custard? A little of that stuff goes a long way. If I use too much, the front of my hair gets crunchy. Try using a lot less next time.

Also have you tried Knot Today under it? A lot of people say that makes a difference in the way it turns out. I like to use Giovanni Direct Leave In under it, since it worked as well as the Knot Today (for me).

MissBCurly

I love this stuff! and she is right a LITTLE bit goes ALONG way..aot of pl have said to use it with knot today and when I get home I will def try it, when I first used it I used it with infusium 23 leave in and then a lil kccc and my hair was good for about a week

KEWLKAT103

This is my fav curl product!!
Like the other ladies have said, a little goes a long way.
Also, on the site they recommends using it with the knot today and that's the only way I have used it. That may have helped it not get crunchy.

I use straight after a wash or cowash. 1st I use the knot today liberally and then follow with some kinky curly. Shake and go!

Muffinz05

Come to think of it I did use a lot of it. Maybe thats why it came out like that but do I really have to use the knot today with the custard? Are the results better with it or without it.

KEWLKAT103

Come to think of it I did use a lot of it. Maybe thats why it came out like that but do I really have to use the knot today with the custard? Are the results better with it or without it.

You don't "have" to, but i got better results using it first.

natural2008

When I used the kinky curly my hair felt dry as well. After that one time I never used it again. As a matter of fact I gave it away. Have you tried to use Miss Jessies products?

Muffinz05

I did try try miss jessies and the outcome was okay but a couple of hours later, my hair was hard and dry and I didn't even use that much. The only product that seems to work on my hair for moisture and curl definition is curls milkshake or souffle. I like the kinky curly and I hear sooo many good things about it but it's just not working for me. There's gotta be a way for me to use the pudding without getting flakes and dry hair. :wallbash:

Fine 4s

I did try try miss jessies and the outcome was okay but a couple of hours later, my hair was hard and dry and I didn't even use that much. The only product that seems to work on my hair for moisture and curl definition is curls milkshake or souffle. I like the kinky curly and I hear sooo many good things about it but it's just not working for me. There's gotta be a way for me to use the pudding without getting flakes and dry hair. :wallbash:

What about using the milkshake or souffle underneath the KKC? You must be able to use the milkshake as a moisturizer as well no?

sistawithsumthin

If I use too much some parts of my hair will get hard but over a couple of days it will really soften up. If I use some coconut oil on my hair then I don't have to worry about it all. No flakes though. That's what I really like about is it mixes well with oil. Miss Jessies looks good for me at first but the next day its a mess.

I do use the shampoo, knot today, Curling custard, and spiral spritz so yes I really do like it.

SohoHair

I love Kinky Curly Products. I did have a problem with hardness and flaking until I started using their Transitioners Tonic and Knot Today. I use the Transitioner's Tonic every other day on my scalp and since it is quite liquidy, it also gets distributed through my hair. It is chock full of really amazing mositurizing stuff: Silica, Aloe Vera and Chamomile, MSM, Silk Proteins etc. It keeps my hair moisturized and buttery soft for days and days.

I co-wash in the mornings and then squeeze out excess water with my hands only. While I'm still in the shower I use my fingers to rake through Knot today in sections. I finish showering and allow the steam from my shower to help it absorb.

When I get out of the shower I gently squeeze off more moisture and apply the Curling Custard with my fingers in sections. I distribute a nickel sized amount over my fingers and then rake my fingers through each section. Before I move on to another section I rake my fingers through, then before I reach the bottom I shake/wiggle the section back and forth to encourage curl clumping.

After I'm done with all the sections, I spritz them with a little bit of water to prevent white flakes and hardness, pin back my bangs and allow my hair to airdry while trying not to touch it until it's about 75% dry.

This method gives me consistently soft, strong, moisturized and shiny curls. My hair stays moist without the need to remoisturize daily and I could not be happier. Kinky Curly has really made my transitioning a breeze, and I'm super glad I finally found it after trying a bazillion other combinations of products. I'll be updating my fotki soon with slightly more recent pics.:drunk:

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
ITA with the poster who said to only use a little. For this product dime sizes actually apply. I also put a layer of oil over it. Mostly a drop of oil for each section I do and my hair stays soft

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I love Kinky Curly Products. I did have a problem with hardness and flaking until I started using their Transitioners Tonic and Knot Today. I use the Transitioner's Tonic every other day on my scalp and since it is quite liquidy, it also gets distributed through my hair. It is chock full of really amazing mositurizing stuff: Silica, Aloe Vera and Chamomile, MSM, Silk Proteins etc. It keeps my hair moisturized and buttery soft for days and days.

I co-wash in the mornings and then squeeze out excess water with my hands only. While I'm still in the shower I use my fingers to rake through Knot today in sections. I finish showering and allow the steam from my shower to help it absorb.

When I get out of the shower I gently squeeze off more moisture and apply the Curling Custard with my fingers in sections. I distribute a nickel sized amount over my fingers and then rake my fingers through each section. Before I move on to another section I rake my fingers through, then before I reach the bottom I shake/wiggle the section back and forth to encourage curl clumping.

After I'm done with all the sections, I spritz them with a little bit of water to prevent white flakes and hardness, pin back my bangs and allow my hair to airdry while trying not to touch it until it's about 75% dry.

This method gives me consistently soft, strong, moisturized and shiny curls. My hair stays moist without the need to remoisturize daily and I could not be happier. Kinky Curly has really made my transitioning a breeze, and I'm super glad I finally found it after trying a bazillion other combinations of products. I'll be updating my fotki soon with slightly more recent pics.:drunk:

PLease tell me how you don't need to remoisturize daily. This will save me in the winter time.