Two strand twist on Dry vs Wet hair..

Two strand twist on Dry vs Wet hair

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

productjunkie814

I used to do them on wet hair, but they never turned out the way I wanted them to. I think it's because I have very thin hair, and the wet twists looked really scalpy. I did my first set on damp/dry hair, and they came out great! Co-washed my hair, put in a little olive oil and shea butter, air dried them in about 15 dookie braids, and started twisting! Twisted the ends with ORS Lock and Twist Gel. Much thicker than usual and I've had them in for 3 days now.

night of

how i've been wearing them out

scarcity21

I used to do them on wet hair, but they never turned out the way I wanted them to. I think it's because I have very thin hair, and the wet twists looked really scalpy. I did my first set on damp/dry hair, and they came out great! Co-washed my hair, put in a little olive oil and shea butter, air dried them in about 15 dookie braids, and started twisting! Twisted the ends with ORS Lock and Twist Gel. Much thicker than usual and I've had them in for 3 days now.

night of

how i've been wearing them out

nice...how did u pin 'em up? how many inches is ur hair?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm transitioning and I've come to realize that flat twists do not hold on my hair unless I wet it.:nono: The good thing is that I got a lot of flat twist practice these past 2 months.:rolleyes:

klowdnyne

Although it's easier to do them dry when I'm doing them myself, I prefer doing them wet. I get more definition and they last longer.

lovinglength

I love twists on straightened, dry hair. Shows length and is a bit more versatile styling wise. Twists on wet hair are perfect for beautiful curly twistouts.

ShaniKeys

I always do mine on wet hair, I've never tried it on dry hair so I can't really tell what's better:ohwell:. But since seeing Southernbella's twists on her fotki - and I think she did it on dry hair - I think I might try it, it looked so thick&gorgeous.

I attached a pic of the two strand twists I did today on wet hair.

Attachments

• december 2008.jpg
    december 2008.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 37

Prettypsych

I agree with JustKiya- it only effects how long the twist appears after you're done. Dry=appears longer (stretched more/looser) Wet=appears shorter (tighter).

I will twist while wet if I am intentionally trying to stretch my hair.
Also, twisting while wet tends to give it a "curlier" look when it's taken out, while dry twists will be "more wavy" once taken out.

That's my experience- HTH

Last edited:

that_1_grrrl

I used to do them on wet hair, but I'm starting to realize that doing them on dry hair is a lot better. I get less breakage and tangling on dry hair.

basic64

when you do the twist on dry hair do any of you put anything on the hair? Or do you just twist completely dry?

HeChangedMyName

I do it on both. When I do it on dry hair, I just add my cantu leave in and seal with some coconut oil and usually leave it in overnight

Nonie

when you do the twist on dry hair do any of you put anything on the hair? Or do you just twist completely dry?

I don't put anything on my hair when I twist dry hair. I usually don't use any product on my hair when wearing twists, hence the need to CW or wash at least twice a week for moisture.

Naturelle

I never really mind the length issue, so I've usally done them on damp hair.

I've done it on dry hair before...eh.

I'll try again see since it's been awhile just to see.

TCatt86

I've never tried them on dry hair. So my answer is wet/damp hair. The shrinkage is nothing nice but it's good for me because I don't have to worry about the twist rubbing against my clothes.

missykeyana

Depends on what I'm aiming for.

Lately I've been doing them slightly damp because I want a wavier twistout. Wet twists give me a tighter, curlier twistout.

I voted wet in the poll.