two strand twist for transitioned hair

BeautifulRoots

Ok, so my friend is transitioning from relaxed to natural. She wants me to try to do two strand twists for her hair. I am going to do flat twists or cornrows in the front, then twist the back. My question...has anyone had success doing two strand twist on transitioned hair? Im worried about the relaxed ends...I know it can be done, but does it look nice? Is the relaxed hair too straight to achieve the look? I wont be adding extensions or anything so yea...just wondering...

JustKiya

The relaxed ends will most likely look thin, and I don't know how well they will 'hold' the twist together - you'll most likely have to use some sort of gel to insure that they 'stick'.

You can set the ends on permrods, I think, to give them a little more 'curl'.

Ediese

I've tried to do it, but it looked bad because the relaxed pieces in the front and sides are really long and it looked stringy.

ayoung

I agree. When I was transitioning I tried it and :nono::nono::nono:
It is such a HUGE diff. between the two textures....

Maybe try twist extentions???

Or the perm rods might work ok

BeautifulRoots

((sigh)) I had a feeling that it would not look good. I just wanted to check with yall and see if anyone has tried before I told her for sure. Guess I have to break the news to her...If I were to do plaits they would turn out the same way im guessing. :sad: I really wanted to try to do her hair for her because she doesn't know what to do with it while she's transitioning. Any suggestions on transition hair styles that I could do for her that would last for at least a week??

Hoody87

I did this while transitioning and I used the small blue perm rods on the ends, it looked good for me, but after a couple of days the curls start to fall and you might need to put the rods back in to get the curl back. HTH

Leeda.the.Paladin

I did it when I was transitioning. Here's a pic. I had to use either a rubber band or perm rod at the end to hold it.

Neith

I've done it, but it takes practice to get the technique down.

My first attempts looked ridiculous, but I got pretty good at blending the textures after a while :yep:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I think she's better off flat twisting her hair and not leaving anything out. It's hard to pull the look off unless you're doing twist outs.

BeautifulRoots

I think she's better off flat twisting her hair and not leaving anything out. It's hard to pull the look off unless you're doing twist outs.
hmm, you mean flat twisting the entire head, or just the crown area?? I told her that I think flat twisting the front and then doing a braidout or twistout on the back I know it would look nice because I have seen people that are transitioning with the hairstyle...but she's looking for something that will last for a week or two...

Ivonnovi

I am so glad you posted this question. I was twisted with additional hair, I just took them down and retwisted (some of) my own 12weeks post hair. I've washed/rinsed these several times over the past week or so and to me they still look good. And they're cute for wash and go. I'll post a WnG look later.

The pic is below. I'd like see some pic of ladies with twisted relaxed hair ('cause I have no idea of how I'm gonna finish this look off)

Please help ladies. I'll take some inspirational senglese looks to because that's what my hair looks like.

Attachments

• Picture 96.jpg
    Picture 96.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

1god1

I did them and I don't think they looked bad. I did them while my hair was wet/damp and the twists just thickened.....including the permed ends.

Ivonnovi

I am so glad you posted this question. I was twisted with additional hair, I just took them down and retwisted (some of) my own 12weeks post hair. I've washed/rinsed these several times over the past week or so and to me they still look good. And they're cute for wash and go. I'll post a WnG look later.

The pic is below. I'd like see some pic of ladies with twisted relaxed hair ('cause I have no idea of how I'm gonna finish this look off)

Please help ladies. I'll take some inspirational senglese looks to because that's what my hair looks like.

Sorry, No new pics. My crown was so short that they (twists) did not blend well with the rest of the twists. I got frustrated and texlaxed a Wednesday! I'm happy with the growth though. 12-week stretch was "worth it"!