Are 2 strand twist done on wet or dry hair?

soslychic

To do 2 strand twists on natural hair, do you twist while the hair is wet and then allow to dry or do you wait under dry and then dampen only with twisting product before twisting? Hope that makes sense

Isis

Do the 2-strand twists shrink up when they are completely dry? Or do they show some length?

ngaa

slychick
i find that the twists come out lookin nicer if i do them on wet hair.i wash my hair and twists after applyin my leave in and lik tracy if my hair dries out during the twistsing process i get my spray bottle and wet them again.

isis my twists wen done dry look longer than wen done on damp hair

Isis

Thank you Ngaa! I may experiment with it on dry hair. How do you keep the ends secured while it's twisted?

ngaa

because my hair's natural and wen done on damp hair it just stays in by itself.Definatly experiment twistin it dry and damp, i jus cant get the twists to stay in nicer wen on dry hair altho the ones done on dry hair have no shrinkage

nebula24

When natural, I did twists on both dry and wet hair. I preferred dry because it maintained length. To secure the twists, I used Black & Beautiful Sculpting Creme.

miss_brown

You can do it either way. Some people do it on wet hair so that the twists puff up, and some people do it on blow dried hair so that they hang. It just depends on your preference.

soslychic

Thanks guys. I'll experiment with both methods.
Question: Does anyone get their twists to hang witout blow drying first? I'd rather have a no heat style.

Nessa

I may do two strand twists the next time around it seems that it is being , I mean it is very popular.

ngaa

yeah do try it nessa u mite like it i kno i especially lik it coz i get nice curl defination 4 that

sbg4evr

I do my twists when my hair is damp otherwise I can not deal with the dried tangled hard mess on my head.

alexei

I'm fairly new to this twisting thing so I can't really answer your question. However I have found that if start each parted section that isto be twisted in a plait and then twist the rest it lays better and looks a lot neater.
Put another way incase that doent make sense...start each twist with a plait for a bout the the first inch or so and then twist the rest. HTH

moda

Natrlchallenge said:
Mine came out better on damp hair. They almost look nice enough to be seen in public!

I wanna see, I wanna see :)

I am glad they came out good for you

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Cincy, mine came out good thanx to your tips you pmed me. I wish I had a pic for u 2 see. I've been so busy, I haven't gotten the album finished yet. Soon, tho, I will sport the pics. Thanks 2 all that gave me twist tips! :wave: