To all 4a/b's with bra-strap length hair

Patrice

To all 4a/b\'s with bra-strap length hair

Just out of curiousity, How long did it take you to go from shoulder length to bra strap and what was your regimen during the process?. I am currently at shoulder length and would love to reach bra strap no later than 2006, hope its possible
TIA for responding

Cleo

Re: To all 4a/b\'s with bra-strap length hair

It took me a little over 16 months, but my hair grows slow. I definitely think 2006 is a realistic goal if you start soon. I had frequent trims as well.

jainygirl

hmm..i'm not really sure from shoulder to brastap, but take a look in my album at the first pic of me and hubby. I was at what i consider shoulder length right there and that was january 2003 and i'm a little past brastrap now, so it was about 18 months. But please take into account that my hair grows very slowly. HTH -- jainygirl

ChoclatePrincess

So it's safe to say that if you are shoulder length and are taking good care of your hair a year and a half you should be at brastrap. I use to be at brastrap before I cut layers but I can't remember how long it took, it's like it just snuck up on me and a friend pointed it out I had to go upstairs and see for myself!

Leslie_C

jainygirl, why did u have to go and bust my bubble like that??? lol
others have said 6 months to a year, but Ive seen ppl who call their hair shoulder length whos hair is much shorter than mine, and I consider mine shoulder length(in the back, the fronts shorter), so it should take longer bc ppl have different lengths they consider shoulder length, to me the very top of the shoulders is just neck or collarbone length. It takes several more months to get to the shoulders(blades)...

I think my hair grows pretty fast though bc I went from about 3 inches of hair to shoulder length in not much over a year. Its now a year and a half later and its kind of been the same length since march but Ive had like 3 trims since then. Plus I didnt get serious about hair till I came here, so I hope my increased effort will get me there in a year. PLEEEZE say its possible, PLEEEZE??????

jainygirl

Hey Leslie, i just peeked at your album, and notice that your hair is between shoulder blades, check out my other album Hair Pic (pswd is in my signature--same as the other album) Here i was at about the length you are now and that was September of last year. I'm now about 1/2 inch past bra strap so that was about 10 months
HTH -- jainygirl

Wolftrap

You ladies are saying it took a year to get to bra strap from shoulder length? That is what I was shooting for. That isn't slow growing to me. It will be a year in January since I started this. I am hoping to be there by then but it seems like no matter what my hair is staying at shoulder length. I had good growth it looked like from surge in my comparison pics but when it dries and is in a Dominican blow out. It looks the same as it did months ago. So I don't know. if its growing or not. I guess your hair looks shorter dry and blown out than when wet. This is frustrating to me.

Leslie_C

ok jainy, thats more like it!
you will be my motivation!

SweetJamaica

Well I think it would take about less than a year and a half. If you hair grows fast like mine 6 inches a year. But I will reach it by early next year because I am inches past shoulder length.

adrienne0914

dang, it took me almost two years. that's why i laugh when people say my hair grows fast.

pistachio

Technically, It took me 3 1/2 years with sew-in weaves, and breakage problems. Only in the last two years did it really pick up somewhat, and I got from shoulder to BSL. So I'll say two years instead.

Ms Lala

adrienne0914 said:
dang, it took me almost two years. that's why i laugh when people say my hair grows fast.

Girl your hair is gorgeous!!!