How long did it take you to grow out your hair

Lorraine

I began my long hair journey in February 2004 and grazed bra strap in December 2004. I don't think I started seeing significant results (better ends, thickness, real growth) until June of 2004. :)

skegeesmb

Here's an update:

I went from a short Halle Berry cut to brastrap in May 2001 to brastrap July 2004, so it took me 24 months. I cut it again in October, and it hit the strap again late December.

SouthernGirl

Hey Tai :wave:

I started out with shoulder length hair last January (about your length) and I made it to bra strap by December 17!!!!! It can definitely be done.

Now I did a lot to get there, including vitamins and protective styles (not even everyday), but I did it, and so can you.

I've recently cut off about 4 inches in length so I'm back above bra strap again and I'm sort of starting over, but I'm still a lot farther along then I was at this time last year.

Now that I know I can do it, I know what it takes to get there, and I know exactly how long it takes, I'm not apprehensive about cutting anymore!!

HTA,
SG

Carlie

Thanks Lita! :D Happy Hair Growing to you too!!! :)

A little OT, but SG: why did you have to take off 4 more inches? :confused:

Last edited:

SouthernGirl

Carlie said:
Thanks Lita! :D Happy Hair Growing to you too!!! :)

A little OT, but SG: why did you have to take off 4 more inches? :confused:

I know, I didn't mean to cut that much off, but I did it over the course of a few weeks or so it didn't look like I chopped a lot. The only reason I knew it was 4 inches is because of where it falls to my bra strap now.

I am anal about it being super even so after a chop here and a chop there, it was 4 inches!! Plus, I've been going thru a lot personally and I always get scissor-happy when I do. I'm a little less than a month away from relaxing, so hopefully I'll gain some of it back. In my album, it's about where my September 2004 pix, so it's still a good healthy length. I guess I'm not in the BS club with you anymore :(, but I should be again by summer. Then NO MORE CHOPPING!

SG

SouthernGirl

Carlie said:
Totally understood! :kiss: Don't worry...it'll grow back as lovely as ever!!! :)

Thanks Carlie! I'll toss my scissors out when the trash gets picked up tomorrow until it's time for the next trim (or should I say dusting) :)

aqualung

It took me 1 year and 10 months to go from shoulder length to bra strap. I tracked it in my album. There was a lot of experimentation and too many trims initially, but it was steady progress.