THE STUIPDEST THING YOU'VE DONE TO YOUR HAIR?

Miosy

I colored my hair bleach blond and didn't like it so the next day I dyed it black. It ended up blackish-green and tons of broken hair everywhere. I was almost bald :eek:

Eiano

and I love her, and know that she didn't know what she was doing...:

allowing my mother to relax my whole length of hair every 3 weeks b/c it was puffy. little did she know the puffiness was the cuticles being so damaged that they wouldn't lay straight!!!:eek:

sareca

Triple processed my hair; relaxed, colored, streaked w/ bleach. The bleached parts fell out. I'm still recovering from that nonsense. :(

jaiku

Let’s see. I relaxed, bleached then colored my hair every month. I would then curl it every single morning. I looked like I stepped out of a hair magazine until wash day. It was sooo dry.

MissYocairis

Re: THE STUIPDEST THING YOU\'VE DONE TO YOUR HAIR?

aameera83 said:
when i was practicing braiding extensions and then for some reason forgot my hair was in the braid and cut it like 1 inch from my head to get the braid out..

:eek: :eek: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!:eek: :eek:

misspriss

The first time I got braids (I was in high school), I didn't know what to do to my hair once I took them out, so I washed my hair without combing it out and went to the salon to get a relaxer the very next day. Needless to say my hair was terribly matted and my scalp incredibly sore after she combed it out. Now a good stylist would have deep conditioned it, blew it out and told me to come back in a week. Of course she relaxed it anyway and my poor scalp was all blistered and burned-I seriously had to run to the sink to wash it out-she kept telling me to wait because my hair hadn't processed yet! Oh the horror!

melissa-bee

Bump,
I tried to bleach my hair with toilet bleach, i really thought it would work. Lol
and i also tried to colour my hair with red with the colour that you use to re-fill in cartridges for the printer. I got some on my scalp and people kept asking why my scalp was red in places.

UGQueen

i guess im pretty lucky,
i just used to cut my hair A LOT , by myself when i was little, haha thought i was a stylist

fivetimestwo

Re: THE STUIPDEST THING YOU\'VE DONE TO YOUR HAIR?

I think a stuipd thing that we are all guilty of, or have been at one point is this.....

Letting stylist jack up our hair while we say nothing!
How many times have you thought "I know she isn't gonna use THAT comb.... Please don't put that in my hair.......If you don't put them scissors DOWN ALREADY!"

:yep: I'm guilty of this...I let a stylist flat iron my hair with no type of heat protectant while she proceeded to GREASE my scalp with BERGAMOT
:blush:

mscocoface

Trying to make it do things that it is not capable of doing without the consequences of breakage and damage.

DrC

Letting one of my friends talk me into getting a relaxer again bcz she doesn't like natural hair... and she does NOT take care of her hair very well at all..... Why is it always the ones with the jacked up hair who think they can throw their 2 cents in on what does/doesn't look good or is beneficial for your head??

Naturel

This is scary ok. I once put relaxers and coloring chemicals in my hair 6 times in one month. Then I went natural, and used baking soda in my hair everyday :ohwell:

spelmanlocks

Hot combing my natural hair multiple times in one week, led to major breakage
tried to cut my own bangs when I was in elementary school
Using dye over dye, I dyed my hair honey blonde, then a few months later dyed it red. I lost a lot of hair doing this.

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me
Dyed my hair with a mix of Strawberry and Black Cherry Kool-Aid. It lasted for about 6 months. Just wanted to see what would happen. Nothing drastic happened but that everywhere I went I was accosted with questions about it.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
In doing my typical relaxer touch ups, I'd touch up the NG and then pull the relaxer through and apply more on my ends for the last 10-15 mins to make sure my hair was bone straight all over. Then I'd blowdry and flat iron with no heat protectant. :blush:

I've been doing this for over 20 years. Somebody please tell me how I still have hair at all. :look:

BlkOnyx488

EVERYTHING!!!! Before LHCF :rofl:
Relaxing and then putting in a color right after
Using Heat EVERYDAY
no PS styles
NO moisture ever
No Conditioner
No Deep Conditioner
No silk scarfs at night

I am surprized I didn't crawl into LHCF bald headed LOL

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
EVERYTHING!!!! Before LHCF :rofl:
Relaxing and then putting in a color right after
Using Heat EVERYDAY
no PS styles
NO moisture ever
No Conditioner
No Deep Conditioner
No silk scarfs at night

I am surprized I didn't crawl into LHCF bald headed LOL
Agreed!
Along with still perming damaged hair.

TwistNMx

When I was in high school, I went to a beauty school to get my hair colored a dark blonde. Little did I know they had to bleach it and they added those foil things to it.
I did not want to go back so I paid more money to get hair extentions which did not match at all. :spinning:
My hair continued to break as it was already weak. :nono:

Addendum:
I was told that hairdressers could help the condition of my hair. Well I went for the next xx years after that and they finished me off until I stopped going and then found LHCF. Thank goodness for LHCF. :yep:

Last edited:

TwistNMx

In doing my typical relaxer touch ups, I'd touch up the NG and then pull the relaxer through and apply more on my ends for the last 10-15 mins to make sure my hair was bone straight all over. Then I'd blowdry and flat iron with no heat protectant. :blush:

I've been doing this for over 20 years. Somebody please tell me how I still have hair at all. :look:
I think you have beautiful looking hair. :yep:

Mz.MoMo5235

umm lets see...

i relaxed my hair and then 5 or 7 days later bleached streaks into my hair (which by the way was previously lighten just 3mos prior) so that i could put pink in... decided i didnt like the pink against the brown so dyes my whole head black 2 days later. waited 5days and re-bleached streaks in to add the pink rinse. i also flat ironed after each.

so, yeah, dunno how i still had hair, but yeah.

CurlTalk

Flatironing my hair daily (I was doing "touch-ups"!)...worst hair mistake ever. That was a few years back, though, like in freshman year of high school. It's a wonder I had any hair at all...

cocoaluv

Taking out a sew in weave, scratching out the dandruff AND then getting a relaxer the next morning.

Spriting my hair with tons of hold spray and then curl it right up ( on a daily basis) with a gold n' hot curling iron.

Thank god I always had a lot of hair or else I'd be bald right about now.

loveable37

TAKE OUT MY 4 WEEKS BRAIDS,
USE NO LYE (BOTANICAL RELAXER MADE MY HAIR CURLY):wallbash: and use SOFT BEAUTIFUL RELAXER SUPER
LEFT PERMINATE HAIR COLOR ON ALNITE
MY HAIR MELT LIKE BUTTER

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
When I was like 8 I did my own hair for the first time, I couldn't fit all my hair into a high ponytail. So I took the scissors and cut the piece that was falling out.

Come to find out I had cut the entire back of my hair off. It took years for my nape to catch up with the rest of my hair.

Ps. My mom was hot with me! :(

*Muffin*

I'm not even going to get into my pre-hair journey days, but in more recent months I was guilty of unrelentlessly brushing my almost 5 months post relaxed hair from root to tip, causing myself major breakage on one side of my head, from which I'm slowly recovering. I couldn't initially tell the damage I had done after relaxing. My hair always looks and feels thinner after relaxing anyway. It wasn't until about a month later that I noticed that my ends weren't as thick as they were before, and it was a few months later that I noticed a patch of NG growing that had no relaxed ends attached to it, and then I realized what I had done. Feels good to finally confess, lol. I'm not doing any major cutting to even my hair out. I'm just going to keep up with my trims and let it gradually catch up with the rest of my hair.