What's The Laziest Thing You've Done Since Going Natural?

MizAvalon

Protective styles have made me lazy. I spent the first half of the year wearing weaves and the second half wearing braids. I wouldn't know what to do if I had to comb and style my own hair every day.

People ask all the time why I don't wear my own hair. I ain't got time to be fooling with all that on a daily basis!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
The only thing I do is puffs. Maybe that's why I'm not getting growth. My hair is damaged from heat damage. I haven't been able to wash n go or do any twists without them looking wonky. I have been losing a lot of hair because of it. Praying to be able to get some good products soon.

AgeinATL

I have become lazy with styling. I don't style my hair nearly as much as I used to because it is SO time consuming due to the density and length. Add to that the fact that I have an infant and my hair has totally taken a backseat. Thankfully my hair is thriving from the minimal manipulation. I am looking to get back in my styling groove in 2016.

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
Let's see I started transitioning last year. I've been in Sengalese Twists since July 2015 and have been wearing them since. I've take them down once a month, wash, DC, etc. And braid my hair back up again.

I've cut off my relaxed ends last month and I planned to texlaxed my hair next week. I realized yesterday while I was taking my braids down that I have no desire to texlaxed my hair let alone comb my hair.

So, I'm going to braid my hair back up again and stay in braids until next winter.

I just don't want to comb my hair anymore. I may loc my hair in 2017.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I realized today that I haven't washed, conditioned, detangled, or moisturized my hair in almost 3 weeks. Tbh, I don't think I care. This has to be my laziest and most shameful moment so far.

What's the laziest thing you've done in your natural journey?
not detangling often. I don't trim much. I trimmed for the first time in a year, last week.

JJamiah

On the normal basis all I do is wear my hair in a high puff. I don't care. LOL Right now I am in a weave. I get that done a few times a year (about 2-3 times) :) I leave it in for 5 week intervals. I like not being bothered with it honestly. I am a student, mother of four and a wife..."Ain't nobody got time for that"

beauti

For the past 3 months I've just been wigging it. I either just cowash and damp bun under the wig or just mist the perimeter to smooth hair back and then bun. I don't comb either, just pretty much let the shower stream flow through strands in one direction, gather, and bun. I make sure to leave some conditioner in to make everything sleek.

Disclaimer: I do prepoo, wash, and dc at least once a month and I thoroughly detangle then.

girlonfire

I just washed my hair after probably 6 weeks. Thank got for the q redew because I HATE wet hair all on my shoulders and back. I was gonna straighten my hair after said wash to but I was just so lazy y'all I did one section and then I was like "nah" and proceeded to spray that straight section with way and leave in. Didn't even put my usual products in. I put wrap lotion in my wash and go and kept it moving. I tell you what though I remember why I got my hair cut 9 months ago. My hair is crazy uneven.

CurlyRy

Oh lord, I'm laughing before I'm even writing anything because I knooow I'm guilty.
I remember this one time I was rocking an afro for a weekend and I did NOT braid it up at night and I would just wet it and fluff it in the morning.....yeah, no m'am never again

I also remember back in my college days (holds back the sniffles) After house parties (saunas x50), I would just pass out (not black out) on my bed and be too lazy to put up my hair....Lawwwwd Y'all, not only would my hair be shrunken up to the upteenth extent because of all the heat from a house party, but it would become this giant thing of hair...I can't explain it but you know I was mad as hale in the morning:pyro:
Ruined too many good curlformer sets/twistouts/braidouts from dancing too hard :cry4: (low key don't regret it thou lol)

NaturalEnigma

I would go 3-4 weeks without washing/conditioning my hair. During that time I also stopped moisturizing and sealing my hair everyday, it was more like once a week. My hair suffered from the neglect though. I had short hair pieces in the back of my head, which is usually the longest part for me. I remember getting to lazy to comb my hair and wearing wash and gos all the time. My hair would get so tangled, now I don't even wear wash and gos. I'm also lazy with trimming I probably trim about once or twice a year. I also got lazy with trying new products. I was using products my hair didn't even like but I was too cheap and too uninterested in trying new products. My hair suffered from that too.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Hanging my head low, letting my ends dry out. To the point that they start to mat a little.

Hit or miss DC... mostly miss.

But imma do better in 2016.