The Craziest Thing You've Ever Done to Your Hair

Karonica

The Craziest Thing You\'ve Ever Done to Your Hair

Anybody adventurous with their hair, or have done something really crazy or stupid? I am so bored with mine, it is ridiculous! Right now, I sport a brownish, orangey color. I am debating a ruby red color for this winter, which would be really drastic for me.

I've got one. When I was 12 yrs. old, I parted my hair from ear to ear, just to make a bang. That bang was thick as a mug too.
My mother was so mad at me, she sent me to bed at 6 p.m.

Please share your stories.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Re: The Craziest Thing You\'ve Ever Done to Your Hair

One thing that comes to mind is a hair tip I got from Seventeen magazine.
Blow dry and style with a round brush until the hair is 90% dry.
You would think the brush getting stuck in my hair several times would have told me something...
I was trying to blow dry my relaxed hair into a "mushroom" with feathered bangs. My hair was a tangled mess!

Crystal

When I was young and dumb and didn't know anything about my hair or cared about...my poor hair suffered all kinds of abuse.

I remember me and my girlfriend would bond our weaves in with glue weekly. Then we'd take a bottle of spritz and spray where the glue met our hair and then take a dryer on High and let it dry the spritz and glue simaltaneously... And then when it was time for a new doo a week later we'd yank the tracks out that were bonded and spritzed down unmercifully... and then we'd wonder why we didnt' have no hair...

I also remember when I was young rolling my bangs up in one of those small combs and it getting stuck and my dad had to cut the comb out my hair.... my mom was mad at me.

Crysdon

In high school, I mixed a package of cherry kool-aid with my conditioner to give my hair a reddish color. It worked, but it was also very drying.

miss_brown

The stupidest thing I've ever done to my hair happened when I was 10 or 11 years old. I called myself trying to curl my bangs using a comb, which entailed pretending that it was a round brush and wrapping my hair around it. That thing got so tangled in my hair that my mom had to cut it out! Mind you, I was natural at the time, so this amounted to a one inch afro bang.

Karonica

Uh-oh Crysdon. Now, you got me wanting to try the Kool-Aid thing.

Babychoc

The craziest thing that I have ever done to my hair was I applied 4 relaxers in one month
! I wanted my hair to get super straight
. Luckily my hair didn't fall out! Oh, and it did indeed get SUPER straight

jazzyfunknastee

LOL Karonica, I had the ear to ear bang too!

The craziest thing I did was trying to give my self blonde tips on my bangs when I was 14. Only thing was, I didn't use hair bleach, I used Clorox!
Good thing it was only the tips as it broke off something bad or else I would have been bald as a newborn baby!

butterscotch

When I was in high school, I dyed my hair forest green and then had the nerve to crimp it!

And when I decided that green crimps were no longer cool, I made the easy transition to electric blue. I know that's crazy, but I was a teenager...I wouldn't dare do it now....

Okay, that's a lie, because I would love to dye my hair red right about now (no crimps though), but I'm waiting until my hair grows to 20 inches.

Peachtree

The craziest thing I did (teen yrs) was dyed the front qtr of my hair "ruby red" so that it could match my fav lipstick color. Well the color turned out bright orange
, and the sun turned
it into a funky orange with streaky brown hues... it looked a mess.

EbonyEyes

Wow! Miss_Brown, I wasn't the only one who tried to curl my bangs with a comb??
Great minds think alike!! *LOL

-Ebony

leejure

Y'all are ALL cracking me up! Great thread!

Okay, I have two...

The first is when I washed my hair and took the front part and tried to cut bangs. And because my hair really shrivels-up when wet, I cut so much off by mistake that my bangs looked like "the beetles" bangs. I looked a dog mess!

The second was when I was in the 2nd grade and I wasn't allowed to have any hair hanging out in the back, b/c my mother viewed those styles as (fast-ass girl styles
) Anyway, my mom sent me to school with one ponytail and strands curled on the side. Well, Lee wanted to bne like all the other "fast-ass" girls and have soem hair hanging in the back, so I go in the bathroom, take my ponytail down, pulled out some hair in the back and took my pictures. Afterward, I put my hair back in my "momma style". I just rmember thinking, she'll never know...my crazy tail forgot that she would see it on the pictures! Let's jsut say, I never did that again!

Tracy

I walked into a salon (that I had never been to) and asked the stylist to color my hair blue bleack hair (the color was created with various kinds of dyes and rinses all in a blue black shade, over the course of 2 years) back to it's "natural", light brown color. She used a 40 volume developer (the strongest hair bleach known to man) and lifted my hair to a platinum blond - after it tunred a dirty brown, then a weird red, then a serious green leaving the hair white with green tips and feeling like a cotton ball.

Colorers: Holla if ya hear me...

My mother wanted to take me to a drug treatment center. She SWORE I was on drugs. Straight up and down SWORE.

lunalight7

I had a jherri curl in high school and had been using burgundy hennas on my hair. Then I put peroxide on my hair since the henna barely showed up except for in the sun...well naturally, lightened burgundy is PINK!!! What a royal jackass I was....the sad thing is, I wasnt even upset...I even got some compliments...go figure...

ineedmoney

hmmmm . .
when i was four i let my niece give me a "trim" i think she cut me a bold spot.
when i was 12 i had burgandy and blk invisble braids
i used to curl my hair daily after pressing with thick blue magic and pink lotion every to weeks then wash my hair with clarifying shampoo. . . yeah i've done some dumb stuff. we aren't even gonna talk about the self inflicted hotcomb "layers" i have. if i could turn back the hands of time

pmichael52172

In Jr. High, I use to try to lighten my hair with Sun-in. Actually it worked and looked okay. I knew it looked the way I wanted it to becuase my mom looked at it and rolled her eyes... that meant if she hated it.... I like it.

I also use to try and dye my hair with Kool-Aid. It's no wonder I have beautiful hair today!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't allowed to have any hair hanging out in the back, b/c my mother viewed those styles as (fast-ass girl styles )

[/ QUOTE ]

My mom and grandmother where the same way. Only "fast" or "grown" girls wore their hair down. I wonder where this kind of thinking came from?
They thought you shouldn't wear your hair down until high school. Thank goodness my mother got more in tune with the times. Not much, but just a little bit more hip!