Taren Guy needs help...

curlytwirly06

curlytwirly06 Was it Vodou Bar on Nostrand Ave :sekret: That's what I heard :lol:

Yep. My uncle was one of the start up investors in the place before he and my auntie moved to Washington and severed ties. The place had become a cess pool to all kinds of mess. He did not want a part in it anymore. It was riddled with drug dealers and just bad people all around. The kingpins used to "fund" Taren if you get my drift.

One day I happened to be watching one of tarens videos about a year ago and my aunt walked by my computer screen and asked if that was Taren Guy. She then proceeded to tell me stories and take out pictures she had taken around the time they left and then explain why she and my uncle decided to leave. The drug lords and their tricks was a major part. She pointed out Taren as one of the tricks. Before they left they filed for the place to undergo a police investigation.

westNDNbeauty

For her new network to be named AREYA (Always Reveal Everything You Are), she certainly isn't revealing much.

Carrying a married man's baby? And not having custody of her other pickney? #ThisCantBeLife

It would be epic if the wife makes a Reveal & Release video. EPIC!

Mz.MoMo5235

Well, shes only at $285 dollars. I'm real interested to see if she even gets 1k. Bad press spreads quicker than good.

$280?! HOW DO I GET ONE OF THESE?!?! Do I have to be scandalous? Cause I really dont know how o_o My momma must have raised me wrong

greenandchic

Tauren never stops surprising me. First it was the t-shirt line to "inspire women", then the autism non profit to "support and love" kids, then her hair tour, then a kid's hair your that never happened. Each and everyone of these ventures were her passion and she can gush all day long on how it was her calling in life.

...snip...

With all of this I'm still shocked that she still has faithful followers. I would think people would be more gun shy with her, or anyone professing to "need money" for some make believe business venture - Afroveda included.

I guess they both saw what Moptop Maven did and decided scamming was a good business for them. :spinning:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
If I had of known the natural hair care world was this nice , I would have asked for supporters to back my product line for the low low price of $2500.

Dah well, back to the grind.

curlytwirly06

Britt, my SO's friend owns that place.

Ask the friend if he remembers an independent investor named Mitchel B. Has he/ she always been the owner or has it switched hands since 2004~06? I'm going to call my auntie and see if she can tell me more about the management at their departure time. Hopefully under his management he was able to clean things up.

Last edited:

NaturallyATLPCH

I just can't believe people are dumb enough to just give her their hard earned money. I am in the wrong line of work. Eighty grand though? And like someone said who is she going to pay with 80 grand? Scheme.com.edu.org.net.

DayStar

I love the fact that we as black women like to support eachother, however she shouldn't have received 1 dime for this fraudulent campaign. I really cant stand her.

angelhairtype4

Why do people who don't work get paid more than me...and I work in the health field? I need to evaluate what I'm doing wrong.

greenandchic

As an aside, I love the ironic title of this post. When I first saw this thread I though the chickens have come home to roost. Unfortunately its her children that's suffering.

KinkyGenius

What? How about you go to J.P. Morgan Chase like the rest of us?

Her response to that:

ETA -

Last edited:

Supervixen

I just can't believe people are dumb enough to just give her their hard earned money. I am in the wrong line of work. Eighty grand though? And like someone said who is she going to pay with 80 grand? Scheme.com.edu.org.net.

Am I the only one who remembers the BHM hair weave scam of ~2003/4 with SweetCandy (rip)?!?

After watching that happen I decided I wasn't giving money for **** to folks from a doggone message board.

MochaEyeCandy

Am I the only one who remembers the BHM hair weave scam of ~2003/4 with SweetCandy (rip)?!?

After watching that happen I decided I wasn't giving money for **** to folks from a doggone message board.
SwtCandy, Weavegate & Stefani Diamond/Diamondlox, Dshy I remember it all. :lachen:

Last edited:

curlytwirly06

Am I the only one who remembers the BHM hair weave scam of ~2003/4 with SweetCandy (rip)?!? After watching that happen I decided I wasn't giving money for **** to folks from a doggone message board.

Remember moptop maven? She would start a business sell a couple of items then the business would tank / fake her own death / fake her child's death/ claim she got robbed/ then keep all the money made but did not give out any products? Remember how she got away with this multiple times under different names? Remember how people were swearing up and down she was legit till a year passed and she still had their money? I

I think her and Taren are in cahoots together.

SoopremeBeing

Remember moptop maven? She would start a business sell a couple of items then the business would tank / fake her own death / fake her child's death/ claim she got robbed/ then keep all the money made but did not give out any products? Remember how she got away with this multiple times under different names? Remember how people were swearing up and down she was legit till a year passed and she still had their money? I

OMG!

So much tomfoolery. I'm not taking a seat because I need a sleeping bag for this.

Supervixen

Remember moptop maven? She would start a business sell a couple of items then the business would tank / fake her own death / fake her child's death/ claim she got robbed/ then keep all the money made but did not give out any products? Remember how she got away with this multiple times under different names? Remember how people were swearing up and down she was legit till a year passed and she still had their money? I I think her and Taren are in cahoots together.

Was moptop maven one of swtcandy's aliases??? SwtCandy supposedly passed (or was killed) too...

ctosha

I love the dragging those girls gave her on lsa she deserves it for her scamming and having a married mans child. I don't know how it works in the states or if it's the same but in Toronto if ur kids are taken away and u don't get them back by the time u give birth, children's aid is waitin to take away the new born

I have to catch up in the dragging over at lsa I left off at page 125 or so.

JaneBond007

Did Taren actually lose her children or not? She has a little girl in one of her vids. This is just scary, truly. Having a baby. I hope things go well.

D.Lisha

Let me just say that...THIS thread is why I faithfully pay my yearly subscription to LHCF!!!
I've heard of Taren a few times before, but it was during the time that she bleached/botched her hair. Fast forward to now, I didn't even realize the woman was preggo or had such a tainted past! In the words of my late grandfather "We Gots to be more careful!"
These YTers/Gurus will rob ya blind if you let 'em, and they'd do it with a smile on their faces too! Smdh

Last edited: