Synthetic hair and weaving

carrie

Have any of the ladies who have used weaves, ever used synthetic hair? I am loving the growth I am getting (FINALLY!) with the weave regimine I have now. But It seems I can't find a brand/type of hair that holds up well. I was wearing the quick weaves /falls before and they were synthetic and held up great for daily wear. I was wondering how the synthetic weave would hold up.

Thanks Ladies!
Carrie

Karonica

What type of hair are you interested in, synthetic yaki, curly, etc. ? I have Sensationnel's tape curl hair, but I didn't weave it in, just use it for ponytails, and it has yet to frizz up. When I do kinky curls, I like Bev Johnson's tight jerry hair. It frizzes as you mess in it or as it ages, but the frizz makes it lookes more natural.

TrustMeLove

Carrie..girl whats your weave regimen-. Im trying to find something else to do too.because I can't do a full head of single braids anymore.

-Faye

carrie

Karonica - I am looking for a body wave. I've been sporting that and it looks the most natural on me. I am not a fan of super straight! LOL

TrustMeLove- I wash the weave once a week, sometimes 2x, depending. I use my generic Paul Mitchell shampoo and the Detangler. I make sure I get in between the tracks to my scalp as good as possible. I use the KeraCare creamy leave in.Then I sit under the hooded dryer and finish with a little Hollywood Beauty castor oil on the ends.

I get the weave redone every 4-5 weeks. I take my cornrows loose and wash my hair with the Paul Mitchell and do a deep conditioner with Elasta QP's Intense Conditioner. Follow up with some KeraCare leave in and Thermasilk heat protectant. I blow it dry (ya'll don't kill me! Its only once a month max!) And then use a little of Elasta QP's recovery oil moisturizer.

I am now sporting a full head weave with bangs and only have a little of my hair out to cover the part, so I haven't had a relaxer in sometime. I was doing the front to blend. But I saw how much growth I was getting where it was braided and I wanted all of it to grow like that.

Before the weave my hair was 8-10" bone straight. I still I have those measurments, but that's with the shrinkage and a fro that would rival Angela Davis back in the day!

Karonica

Sorry, carrie, I have no clue. But a body wave sounds very pretty! Have u tried any of Sensationnel or Outre hair? I can't pull up the Sensationnel site at work because of their new site design.

http://outrehair.com/pro1.asp?cat=7

carrie

Thanks Karonica. I'll let you know what I come up with. I am toying with the idea of going back to the Quick weave and just keeping mine cornrowed under it.

Wanda

Carrie, I just purchased some hair from a company called Bliss Triune. The ladies name is Sadelia. She is located in Los Angeles. She is very professional and knowledgeable. The hair she sales is absolutely beautiful. It is from India. She sales the wavy and curly hair that looks very natural. She doesn't put the hair in, just sales it. I am looking for someone who can hook me up in Cali. Any suggestions?

carrie

Wanda, that hair is beautiful, but WAY outta my price range right now. I have been curious about hair of that quality and how it holds up. I may go cheap for a bit and splurge on something like that later. I know you can re use it though, so It really seems worth the money.

I was thinking of either of these 2 quick weaves, One is by Outre (right) and the other by Sensationnel

carrie

I think #2 as well Karonica. Its really close to the weave hair I get. Plus I am going to get it in my natural hair color (#1) I am a little over my highlights. But I will stay with the above regimine. Maybe I'll get the weave back after March.

phynestone

A classmate cornrowed my hair as if she was going to put crochet braids in and weaved in synthetic hair. I braided it up at night and slept on a satin pillowcase, and it managed to stay in for about 2 months. Although it held up well, I would rather weave with human hair b/c you can do more with it.

TrustMeLove

Wash..huh

How do you do that with the weave? Just like regular? Would that loosen your cornrows? Do you synthetic hair to crownrow ?

What daily moisturizers do you use?

Im really trying to do something new with my hair because I cant keep my hands out of it. haha seriously everday atleast 20times my hand is in my hair.

TIA

-Faye

carrie

Karonica-
I got a Sensationell Instant Weave last night. It's this one:

I looks more natural after I brushed the curl a little looser and trimmed it up. It was on sale and I had a coupon so that and a bottle of Jazzing came to $19! I am removing the weave tonight and washing and deep conditioning. I'll also color and do a roller set to pull the front straight.

I think I'll sport this for a bit then reinvest in the weave. I am going to get the Remi hair, which is suppose to be the best for weaving.

Karonica

Very cute!
May I ask are you short? Because my friend bought their long human hair one and that thing was near her waist.
So I could imagine you had to trim it if so.

carrie

I am 5'4". I just like to go for realism w/my fake hair. LOL I'll try to post up a pic later next week. I think this will work for a bit. Plus with all the cold weather we are having, my scalp is a little dry and itchy so with this, I can get to it better.

carrie

Just letting you know, my hair looks FAB today! LOL. I took the weave out Friday night. And actually contemplated putting a relaxer in the front, but went with my promise not to relax for a while. I washed, colored with the Jazzing (coffee bean color), then deep conditioned. I did a roller set. I parted off enough hair in the front and sides, then cornrowed the the rest going back and put some Tea Tree oil on my scalp.

In the morning, I put a wig cap over the braids and then put the Quick weave on. Color matches perfect! The most amazing part to me was that the rollerset came out so nice even though I havent had a relaxer in a while.

Products used:
Elasta QP shampoo for relaxed hair
Jazzing hair color
Elasta QP intense conditioner (with heat for 10min)
Generic Paul Mitchell, the Detangler
Elasta QP Mango Butter
Hollywood Beauty Castor oil
Hollywood Beauty Tea Tree oil

Nonpareil

I like the synthetic hair made by FreeTress. I swear by the P4/30 Candy Curl (Yaky). I keep my hair in conrows, but have made a net cap weave that I just put on like a wig each day. Love it!