What is the best moisturizer to use under a sew in?

brownelovely

I'm about to go get a leave in conditioner and/or moisturizer for my hair to help maintain underneath my net sew-in. What are some good ones that don't cause a lot of buildup? I'm looking for something light that will allow me to spray 2-3 times per week. TIA:grin:

What do you use now for a moisturizer?

Personally, I'd use water (rosewater if you like) mixed with aloe vera juice. Traycee, who is relaxed, using that mix all the time. She has a blog where you can learn more about it keepitsimplesista.blogspot.com.

my sister uses kinky curly's transitioners tonic, its water based so it won't build up as much as oil based moisturizers. Hope this helps!

I use either S curl spray or hawaiian silky 17 in one. They are both sprays so easy to apply to the hair under the weave

Since you have a net you would definately need something to spray. I would just add water to your favorite conditioner or leave-in to get under there. I have some Care Free Curl Gold but I am not jumping up and down like others have about it. I'm a huge fan of Trader Joes Nourish spa conditioner so I put that or Biolage Ultra Hydrating balm in a spray bottle with some water and maybe a little oil and shake and go.

once u find "that conditioner" try a droplet applicator u know the ones used for babys medicine..i use my ORS fertilizer bottle with moisturizer in it to get those hard to reach spots under my net...HTH oh I use fast food by AG hair cosmetics.

Back