Split Ender

NATBTY

Has anyone used the Split Ender, it is on sale at Walgreens for $7.99 want to know if it worth picking up?

anahnamuslyyours

I'm interested too because getting a regular trim, I have a bunch of split ends that get misses because they're further up the shaft and they juss end up getting worse.

Suerte

I wonder how this works, as well. I'll be getting a trim in November but I'd really rather do it myself.

WesternEyes

I used this and glided it through my hair. Yeah, some little snips of hair that looked like split ends came out, but something about it was not right. Can't recommend it. Did nothing for my hair so I took it back.

MzOptimistic

I bought the Split Mender and paid $90 for it. I do not use it because it's too time consuming. You have to part your hair in little 1 inch sections. The only good thing, I like is a 1 inch flat iron came with it..I would recommend to just trim or get your ends trims yourself and save your money...JHMO...

Tanya

audacious1

I purchased the split ender in walgreens in 2004. Split ends have always been my pet peeve. I took it right back the next day because it did nothing for me.

creolebeauty

I bought one a few years ago for $59.99 off the infomercial. It was very time consuming. Like Tsmith said, you have to part your hair in small pieces and you have to hold the split ender in certain directions depending on what side of your hair you are doing. I would definitely by another one, since they are only 7.99 now. I dropped mine one to many times and it doesn't work anymore.

Oh yeah, your hair needs to be fairly straight when using it. I think it clips 1/8 of an inch off your ends.

sareca

Brought it, used it, then threw it away. It was just as much work, but not as accurate, as the hunt & destroy method.

ChoKitty

Bought it, used it...thought it was a waste of money. I saw more split ends after I used it...it tore my hair even though I took my time and did the little 1 inch sections and such