the split ender

deborah11

Has anyone used the split ender mechanism that is suppose to remove split ends from the hair. does it work? is it easy to use? does it in fact remove the split ends or would it be a waste of money to buy this. thanks for your comments.

meia

deborah- i have...it does work and when you open up the side you do see the ends that have been taken off..its a small amount and makes more a noticeable difference TOUCH wise..my hair felt a lot less split and more smoother at the ends..

i would still use mine except i lost the side to it (that stores the splits once you use it) so it wont work..it makes a lot of noise..lol..but definitely a good buy..mines cost me less than 10 dollars at ulta cosmetics...it was on sale..

miracle

I had a Split Ender that I used once and quickly trashed. (I was too embarassed to sell or give it to someone else, because I didn't want them to go through what I went through.) That thing ripped strands of hair directly out of my scalp and really didn't trim a thing. I think it contributed to more split ends than actually getting rid of them.....not to mention....IT HURT!!!! :( :( :( (And it's kinda' loud).

meia

hmmm miracle..im thinking i didnt get the brand name one rather a no name version although i have seen the infomercials for the brand name one...but ive always been skeptical..hmmm:confused:

blessed

I have it too. I think it works pretty good. I 'd rather use the split ender than go to a scissor happy stylist.

deborah11

thanks so much for your responses. anybody else have experiences with the split ender? please share. thanks

aileendq

This things sucks. Excuse the language, but it rips hair out. More imortantly, however, is the fact that the blades are not sharp at all. This is similar to cutting your ends with dull scissors...You are basically "gnawing" at the hair in an attempt to cut it. This actually contributes to more split ends. You are MUCH better off buying a cheap pair of hair scissors at the BSS and having a friend help you dust your ends.

I had one, used it for a bit then tossed it. Wouldn't even give it away.