Tell me, did the Split Ender work??

I purchased one also after reading Spagirl's review. I'm glad I did. It did just what I needed at the time.

I have mine
clap.gif
, just got it today, I tried to use it, but now I am tired so I will wait maybe till next weeks it seem like alot of work
smile.gif

clap.gif
I hope it works out for you. With natural (texturized?) hair you'll need to do something to make it straighter first. Girl, you know we can't have you ripping you hair out.
naughty.gif

Don't forget to do one past per section. Even though you can't see through the window it is cutting your hair. That is, if you don't have a defective one and you are using it per the instructions.

TY spagirl, I strighten my hair with a curling Iron, but it is working, it just takes too long, I do 3 times per section, It is cutting my hair that I do see, on the blade, but my hair still look ummmmm it is not the big results of the ladies on the box, but I have only done 3 sections I got toooo tried I will finish the rest today with some help from my sis, ty everyone

Don't expect to get box picture hair, there are other factors at play there. See if it meets the need you were looking for before you purchased it (getting those ends off ?). Convenience I see is another factor for you. I didn't have this problem. One pass per section, whole head, I guess, in about less than 30 minutes. Sad but possibly true, this might not be the product for you. What's the famous saying on LHCF, what works for some might not work for others.
frown.gif

Well I dont know if I can accept that, it will just seem soooo unfair, but I understand what u r saying ty,

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Did you have a certain technique, Lucia? That thing kept getting tangled in my hair.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Make sure you change direction of the arrow button down, and I always use the slow spin.
I place the slightly smaller than brush section and pull on the hair a bit to dry and straighten the roots-3", then I slow spin midway-end down the hair and make sure the ends don't get wrapped in, that's how the tangles start. Honestly it took me the 3rd time to get it down.
hth

I would not think you would want every hair to be snipped becaue every hair may not have a split. That is a good thing that you can not get with scissors which mean you may be losing unneccesary hair which was my case this past year . I had splits but not many and definitely not enough to lose an inch of my entire length. I made an earlier post but i am going to research this thing. I am always researching something....
Kaela said:
I actually purchased one not too long after Spagirl shared her review. Although it's mechanical sounds make you think its about to eat up your hair, I thought it worked pretty decently. I'd give it 3 stars out of 5. I waited till I had my hair fairly straight, and it was lightly oiled. I made sure it was brushed smooth and detangled, and I used relatively small sections and slowly moved the split ender down each section. It doesn't catch 'every' strand that you have, but it snips a tiny piece off of most. It took me awhile to cover my whole head but I was pleased with the results. The only reason I give it 3 stars is because it doesn't get every strand (in the sense that scissors do), but I didn't expect it to be capable of that anyway. I think if you are patient and careful with it, its safe.

edited to add: I bought mine at Walgreens. I didn't even know the thing existed until I read about it on this board.

I've used the split end mender before and if it's the one in the white jar with red writing...save your $$$...it didn't do anything! I haven't found ANYTHING that will mend split hair...I cut mine off and kept it movin'...

I have the one by Telavera and I love it. At first I was really hesitant to get it because of all the bad reviews on it but I got it anyway and I love it. I guess you just have to be sure you get the authentic one and not one of the faulty knock off brand one.

Its easy to use and really gets the job done. I can feel a difference in my hair after on swipe of it. I go over each section 3 times becasue I dont use it as often as I need to and my hair is silky and moves alot better. My ends dont stick together either. I like it and would buy a replacement if I needed to. That's one of the best tools that I could have ever bought for my hair.

Happylocks I totally agree, havent used this yet but have read and watched many reviews
and I think I'll give it a try

I use it (The Talevera one. Didn't know there was any other). It cuts about 1/8-1/4 inches like it says. I make sure my hair is clean, free of product and only use it on the last few inches of my hair. I'm pretty sure it cuts the ends whether they're split or not. Anything that pops up at the blades, including splits. I don't think it's robbing anyone of length even if it cuts every strand. I look at it as preventative maintenance, in a sense.

I've never had raggedy ends going in so, I usually just use it for fresh ends and then baby them from there. I just used my split ender last week even tho my ends didn't need it. In fact, when I bought it, I used it once a month for 3 months in a row (trying to get my money's worth) because I loved the idea of freshly cut ends without losing noticeable length.

It's never torn, ripped or otherwise damaged my hair. I bought it last year and used it a total of 4 times since owning it. I really am not one for sitting and doing a S&D so this is my shortcut and makes me feel like I'm being keeping splits in check. (and how do you S&D the back when you have layers anyway? :perplexed). I love my split ender and recommend it.

My friend ordered it for me and I got it within a week. I only tried it once. I blow dried and flat ironed my hair like normal using nexxus moisturizing spray and serum. I did half my head at a time in small sections. It did cut tiny ends off and there were a lotta lil hairs in the compartment where the cut hair goes. Howerver, I still have some split ends which I have found on my search and destroy. So i guess it does not get every single one but there was definetely hair snipped and it was a lot less than my stylist usually snips. Even when he does it and takes a lot off there is still some split ends. I willl continue to use it monthly to every 6wks and search and destroy and see if I can avoid the big trim.

Back