My Split Ender Arrived!

shortt29

I was going to suggest you try and retrieve the package in addition to still calling to complain and ask for your money back.

shortt29

Send me a message tomorrow and let me know how it goes but try to get your package back (if it's not to much trouble). I will let you know what shape my delivery is in if I get it tomorrow.

shortt29

Jaydensmommy said:
Omg my split ender doesn't have blades either!!!!! Im glad i read this thread because i couldnt figure out what all those extra pieces were for and why it didnt work. Smh

Be sure to call them first thing tomorrow to get your replacement!

shortt29

naturalmanenyc said:
Mine was all one piece. I popped off the pink top section as Jerry and Dick explained, and placed it back in the box to wait for the replacement.

At this point I do not even want the thing. I'm irritated. I should not have to assemble their product.

ETA: It would have been nice to know about that lock/unlock issue in your PM from the company rather than find it out now. I'm tempted to stop by the post office in the morning to retrieve the package before it goes out.

Locked or not, I don't believe you should have been able to get a part that is supposed to be secure, off so easily...call and complain either way.

shortt29

CurlsOnFire23 said:
I ordered the split ender 2 days ago. Hopefully those fools set the package here with all the components together.

Mine came pretty fast...although it was missing the blade. Hopefully I will have a complete replacement tomorrow. Let me know when you get yours and the shape it's in :/

CurlsOnFire23

Mine came pretty fast...although it was missing the blade. Hopefully I will have a complete replacement tomorrow. Let me know when you get yours and the shape it's in :/

I'll be sure to let you know. I'm in Germany so it might take a good week and some change to get here...

naturalmanenyc

I was at the post office as soon as they opened this morning and was told they cannot open the drop box outside. I was also told it is quite possible that the box was already emptied last night, after 9:30 pm, despite the collection time of 1 pm today.

I am waiting on Splitender to open (in a few minutes) so I can check the tracking number on the usps.com website. If the package was picked up last night, I will not need to stalk the drop box at 1 pm to try to retrieve the package.

I agree, the black section should not have been so easy to remove if it's to remain attached.

ETA: USPS has a package retrieval service, $10 or so, but it's not guaranteed. They will look for the package and return it to me. The fee is not refundable if they do not locate and return the package. They also said despite the posted collection times, the package was likely already picked up.

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

So, I just finished stalking the post office drop box for 40 minutes. Luckily I had calls to return and my blackberry so I could work while I waited. Funny enough, I ran into a colleague who is in the field in my area today.

Nobody showed up for the 1 pm postal pick up. I saw another postal worker who said he did not have a key for that box but that my package was likely already picked up, despite the posted time, since they collect all times of the night and early morning. Not sure why they have posted pick up times if they don't follow that schedule?

Splitender called me back, while I was out (they open at 10 am PST), stating that I sent back the hair plate and they can send me out a hair plate (if they have one) so I do not have to wait for them to receive my package and mail out the hair plate again.

naturalmanenyc

Seamonster

I was told to not glue the hair plate to the device. Jerry said it's best, if it's loose, to stuff a "piece of toilet paper" (his words) in the hair plate to make it hold tighter. He explained that it would be easier to replace the hair plate, if not glued, than replace the whole unit if the hair plate was broken/cracked. Apparently they changed this part of the design at some point since people were dropping the device.

This is a hot mess. That product is too expensive to be asking folks to pull out their hot glue :nono:

Seamonster

Seamonster

I was told to not glue the hair plate to the device. Jerry said it's best, if it's loose, to stuff a "piece of toilet paper" (his words) in the hair plate to make it hold tighter. He explained that it would be easier to replace the hair plate, if not glued, than replace the whole unit if the hair plate was broken/cracked. Apparently they changed this part of the design at some point since people were dropping the device.

naturalmanenyc Toilet Paper :thud:

shortt29

My replacement came and I was able to attach it without any problems...whew! I thought I was going to have to call and battle tomorrow but looks like I will be able to straighten and trim tonight :)

ETA: I will be back to update

naturalmanenyc

Got my hair plate today!

I did not even notice it until just now. I was out all day with friends/kids at a water park and went straight to the shower to wash the chlorine from my hair. I will try the Splitender tomorrow and report back.

naturalmanenyc

I think it worked pretty well. The Splitender did not trim too much of my hair at all. In fact, I am guessing less than 1/4 inch. I did not do my normal overnight deep conditioning process or use my steamer so I did notice some reversion before I was done trimming.

My full review is posted here: http://goingnaturaltransitioningtonaturalhair.com/?p=3393

vtoodler

I used to own this product. I didn't think that it would work, so I gave it away.

After reading this thread, I wonder if I should have held on to it.

shortt29

naturalmanenyc said:
I think it worked pretty well. The Splitender did not trim too much of my hair at all. In fact, I am guessing less than 1/4 inch. I did not do my normal overnight deep conditioning process or use my steamer so I did notice some reversion before I was done trimming.

My full review is posted here: http://goingnaturaltransitioningtonaturalhair.com/?p=3393

I was going to PM you for an update!! I'm so glad you got it and it worked well for you. I liked it too! It didn't trim a lot off for me either and I will definitely be using it to keep my splits away :)

Lynnerie

This company is a hot mess. I ordered a Split-ender last year and while I do like the product the company consistently comes up short. I was supposed to receive the Miracle slik capsules with mine and I never got them. I called dude and he was like well we ran out but we'll ship them to you. That NEVER happened.

I have my split-ender and the extended warranty but I hope I never have to use it cause dealing with them is a nightmare.

naturalmanenyc

Lynnerie

You should call them for your Miracle Silk capsules. I have no intention of using mine but if they were to come with your package, you should get them.

I bought the extended warranty too.....just in case.

This company is a hot mess. I ordered a Split-ender last year and while I do like the product the company consistently comes up short. I was supposed to receive the Miracle slik capsules with mine and I never got them. I called dude and he was like well we ran out but we'll ship them to you. That NEVER happened.

I have my split-ender and the extended warranty but I hope I never have to use it cause dealing with them is a nightmare.

shortt29

naturalmanenyc said:
shortt29

Any photos to share?

Hey Naturalmane! No, I was home alone so I didn't have anyone to take pics for me but I must say...my ends feel so much better! I follow your blog so I did see your pics :)

outspokenwallflower

I, bandwagon jumper and all, ordered the splitender monday and received it a few hours ago. I havent opened the package (I'm at work and my co-worker is nosy as all hell) but will once I leave and I hope everything is intact and in order. From what I've read so far, I should check to see if there are blades and everything should already be assembled, right?

shortt29

outspokenwallflower said:
I, bandwagon jumper and all, ordered the splitender monday and received it a few hours ago. I havent opened the package (I'm at work and my co-worker is nosy as all hell) but will once I leave and I hope everything is intact and in order. From what I've read so far, I should check to see if there are blades and everything should already be assembled, right?

Yes. Make sure there is a blade in the area you can see through...it is clear.