Sleeping with a wash n go?

tschizum

I prefer to wash my hair at night (mainly b/c I have more time then) I wouldn't mind wearing wash and go's more but with them I usually have to wash in the am. does anyone do wash n go's at night? how do you keep your hair from looking jacked up the next morning after sleeping in it?

LovelyLionessa

I would like to know too, I have the same dilemna. Mine don't look as good as they do prior to bedtime. Everything gets kinda smushed and shrikage sets in overnight... :perplexed

Candy_C

I prefer to wash my hair at night (mainly b/c I have more time then) I wouldn't mind wearing wash and go's more but with them I usually have to wash in the am. does anyone do wash n go's at night? how do you keep your hair from looking jacked up the next morning after sleeping in it?

I DO!

doing one as we speak!

cover the hair with your shower crap, with hair tenderley tucked under.

place your bonnest over your shower cap thats over your head

close your eyes

wake up remove the caps, hair is stil ldamp, but will dry more defined and softer!!!

make sure you've slathered all your leave ins and oils and things on before you go sleep

this contributes to growth, the head gets very hot whilst sleeping and this creates a nice steaming action for the follicles!

keep it up

xxx

LovelyLionessa

I DO!

doing one as we speak!

close your eyes

wake up remove the caps, hair is stil ldamp, but will dry more defined and softer!!!

make sure you've slathered all your leave ins and oils and things on before you go sleep

this contributes to growth, the head gets very hot whilst sleeping and this creates a nice steaming action for the follicles!

keep it up

xxx

Oooh, thanks for the tip Candy C, that sounds brilliant! It kinda reminds me of similar instructions on a tub of Profective Breakfree: apply the creme and put on a shower cap for deep pentration (they specified 15 minutes.) It seems like the shower cap overnight would help with leave-in conditioning too.

sareca

When I wash mine at night, after towel drying I put it a loose french braid and tie my scarf on. In the morning I shake it loose, rewet the ends, and go. My hair is usually still a damp so a couple squirts of avocado mist or rehydrant and a little sealer and I'm back in business.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I just pin mine back into a low pony puff and cover w/a satin scarf. In the morning I just remove the clips and scarf and shake out the curls. Works perfect.

PatTodd

I put mine in a bonnet overnight, but my hair is fine so when I get up it can be dry and a little frizzy. If it gets wet I will have to start over, so I style it BEFORE I shower. Depending on what I think it needs, I smooth a little oil or product in, lightly spritz with my homemade concoctiin (currently gel diluted with aloe vera juice) until I feel it looks refreshed (maybe scrunch it a little bit), then put my bonnet back on and shower with my hair under the shower cap. Works like a charm.

Last edited:

LadyZ

I DO!

doing one as we speak!

close your eyes

keep it up

xxx
=========

I am going to try this.... Thanks

glamazon386

I've done a wash and go at night before. What I did was wash and add my leave in. Then put my hair in 4 ponies and put a bonnet on. In the morning I applied my gel to dry hair and just fluffed. It worked pretty good.

SparklingFlame

Dont do it, girl!
You will have mad tangles. I only sleep in my wash n go if I am being lazy but after I wear the WAG I dampen it and put it in large twists to go to bed in. HTH!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I only did this when I have a wave nouveau. I just spritzed w/ water added S curl and slept with a shower cap. I think I will do this in the winter, to see if I can get away with it. I don't like sleeping with wet hair and being in an air conditioned room.:ill:

sunshinebeautiful

I DO!

doing one as we speak!

close your eyes

keep it up

xxx

I do this with wash-n-gos as well. I always remist at night and sleep with the shower cap. In the morning it is damp, but by the time I get ready to leave the house it is dry again. Works like a charm in the winter too. :yep: