2-Day Wash n Go??

misscrystal

Nappy and Happy
Is this possible to achieve?

I love my wash n' go's but I hate knowing that my head is going to look like the back of a sheep's *** by the next morning.

I have a theory that my hair's lack of elasticity is to blame :ohwell:

Does anyone have any tips for keeping a wash n' go for more than 24 hours?

sareca

I can get 2-3 days out of a WnG.

I spray the ends with moisturizer at night
Cover with a scarf
spray again in the morning then allow it to dry without touching it

I go pretty heavy on the spray but I don't get it near my scalp so I'm not cold in the morning. I also make sure the scarf is tight over the edges in front and loose in the back so it doesn't smash my curls too much.

<< 3 days later

Leslie_C

Is this possible to achieve?

I love my wash n' go's but I hate knowing that my head is going to look like the back of a sheep's *** by the next morning.

I have a theory that my hair's lack of elasticity is to blame :ohwell:

Does anyone have any tips for keeping a wash n' go for more than 24 hours?

:lachen::lachen::lachen:....see that is my problem as well. I think Im gonna have to give up the wash n go's except for in the case of an emergency...for example if my hair is looking crazy and I dont have time to do it. Ive been rollersetting or doing braidouts, but sometimes I get lazy about tying my hair up at night so Ill lose my style and sometimes it cant be saved. If thats the case and its all crinkly from a braidout or all fuzzy to where I couldnt tame it...I would do a wash n go bc I can just cowash in the shower and it doesnt take extra time to do my hair. Add products, scrunch, throw on a headband and go.

Ive had more success with getting braidouts to last though...if I rebraid at night, it comes out looking brand new the next day...and my vatika coconut oil along with tying it down with a scarf at night will have it blinging!

firecracker

:lachen::lachen:At the sheep comment. I mist my hair with water in the morning/daily to fluff the curls back out then apply Ms Jessies Curly Buttercreme for a curl boost, moisture and shine if I wash every other day or once a week.

When I want springy curls I mist and if I want larger ringlets I let the water run thru in the shower real quick.

Leslie_C

:lachen::lachen:At the sheep comment. I mist my hair with water in the morning/daily to fluff the curls back out then apply Ms Jessies Curly Buttercreme for a curl boost, moisture and shine if I wash every other day or once a week.

When I want springy curls I mist and if I want larger ringlets I let the water run thru in the shower real quick.

Firecracker, I LOVE your hair....

sky035

Formerly Lisaaa Bonet

I cover my hair with a polyester swim cap. It is made of a cloth material that does not suck up moisture. The cap is loose all over but the elastic is tight around my hairline, which keeps it from falling off at night :yep:

I moisturize my hair at night and put the cap on. In the morning, while in the shower, I run my wet fingers all over my hair do make it damp, not wet. Then I add Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding and voila, moist, fresh curls :drunk: