wash 'n go products

Glamorous_chic

so far, my staple product for wash n go's is kinky curly knot today and the kinky curly gel. but being a product junkee, im wondering what else is out there? i tried using the olive oil gel, and i hated it. there are a few products that i can't find much info regarding wash 'n go's on.
1.twisted sista curl activator- found this at target
2. curl cream brule-found at target
3. jane carter solution curl cream
4. kinky curly spiral gel

i've tried searching through youtube video's, but most show twist outs, but i'm looking for wash 'n go's. what are your staple products for achieving your look? i'm looking for something similar to kinky curly, but different. :drunk:

Last edited:

tiffjust2002

I use ORS Lock and Twist Gel and Carol's Daughter Hair Butter and the way I do my wash n go's is I do them the night before on soaking wet hair and then cornrow my hair in about 8 cronrows and then in the AM I take out the cornrows and my hair is still really damp and fluff and go and that is my wash n go. It doesn't hold the pattern of a braid out because my hair is too wet/damp. I do my braid outs on dry/slighty damp hair.

naturalTAN

I need heavy and somewhat sticky products to weigh my hair down for wash-n-gos or else I get no hangtime or definition. My current favorite is Tresemme's Smooth and Silky for dry or damaged hair. It smells divine, comes in the pump size for $3.50, and smooths and clumps like nobody's business.

I put A LOT on in the shower then cover with a shower cap. Before I get out, I rinse most of it out, sometimes putting some more on in certain spots then I shake my head to "activate" and separate my hair. Sometimes I diffuse to speed up the drying process and for bigger hair and voila. A perfect wash-n-go.

Beverly Ann Properties

My alternate products in stead of the KKNT and KKCC are: Care Free Curl Moisturizer, Coconut Oil and Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel in that order. My hair dries soft with less crunch.

Glamorous_chic

i tried miss jessie's curly pudding today since i had a sample size i'd never used. and i hated it. used kckt and then the curly pudding. it looks dry and the shrinkage is crazy! thanks for the suggestions so far.

Glamorous_chic

Zaz thanks soo much!! i remember seeing your thread, but couldn't remember your name or the thread title. i wish i could give you 100 thanks! lmao.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

so far, my staple product for wash n go's is kinky curly knot today and the kinky curly gel. but being a product junkee, im wondering what else is out there? i tried using the olive oil gel, and i hated it. there are a few products that i can't find much info regarding wash 'n go's on.
1.twisted sista curl activator- found this at target
2. curl cream brule-found at target
3. jane carter solution curl cream
4. kinky curly spiral gel

i've tried searching through youtube video's, but most show twist outs, but i'm looking for wash 'n go's. what are your staple products for achieving your look? i'm looking for something similar to kinky curly, but different. :drunk:

Twisted sista isn't all natural, i think they use mineral oil and parrafin (sp?) which coats the hair.

I saw the Curl Creme Brule, but I never tried it.

KC spiral gel is for refreshing the hair.

I have tried Shea Moisture and it left my hair soft, but it felt dry on day two. Honestly it's because I wasn't using a leave-in (i just assumed it was a leave-in that doubled as something to define curls), so I bought KCKT and KCCC. I will go back to shea moisture after I use up KC and see if I like it once I start using it properly.

Beautiful Curls (Whole foods) was also pretty decent when I was transitioning. It gave me some definition.

A little OT: When you use the KCKT, are you wetting your hair and leaving it in, or do you co-wash then use it? I'm trying to search the forum for using the KCKT (i love it, but I want to know if I can co-wash with something else)

suns4i6e

A little OT: When you use the KCKT, are you wetting your hair and leaving it in, or do you co-wash then use it? I'm trying to search the forum for using the KCKT (i love it, but I want to know if I can co-wash with something else)

*closer*2*my*dreams*, In my opinion, KCKT is too small a bottle for the price to co-wash with it. When I use this product, I co-wash with something else (Trader Joe's Nourish Spa) and then use KCKT as a leave in.:yep:

*closer*2*my*dreams*

@*closer*2*my*dreams*, In my opinion, KCKT is too small a bottle for the price to co-wash with it. When I use this product, I co-wash with something else (Trader Joe's Nourish Spa) and then use KCKT as a leave in.:yep:

AHHHHH, I see... I was looking for something that I can use to co-wash. I just can't fathom spending that amount on co-washing conditioner. I have pantene relaxed and natural on hand, but I don't know if the cones will interfere with the effect of KCKT and KCCC.