Silk Elements Relaxer Experience...

Cayenne0622

Well, I'm officially a convert!:grin: I did an 8 week stretch for the first time and relaxed my hair last night with Silk Elements Regular. My hair is very smooth and silky today but I must say that this is a very STRONG relaxer...at least for me. The thickest/coarsest part of my hair (the crown) was straight within 8-10 mins of having the relaxer on my hair and that is without any smoothing!!! I panicked when the 15 mins were up because I hadn't even gotten the relaxer on my edges or my nape. I also began to burn mildly which I NEVER do. I only ended up using 1/4 of the jar which also never happens because a little goes a long way with this relaxer. I am going to give the REGULAR to my friend who has very coarse hair and I'm going to switch to mild at my next relaxer.

I am very happy with the relaxer. I used to Proclaim Neutralizer and finished up with Aphogee Reconstructor with EVOO. I am also proud to say that it appears my shedding has decreased significantly!! I only lost about 15-20 strands during styling when for the last few months I have lost at least 100+!

Thanks to you SE ladies for referring me to this relaxer!!

:kisses:

shunta

Welcome to the club!!!:lol: Yeah, I used regular as well because my hair is thick and resistant in some places. I was bone straight. Im gonna try mild next time,though

Radianthealth

Join the club. Silk Elements is amazing. I may switch to mild also cause I want to retain a little more thickness.

MizaniMami

Geez, maybe I should go for the mild huh? My sis is a 4b and her hair is soooo texlaxed from the relaxer. So I thought since we are twins maybe I could go with the regular.

Glad you had a great experience.

Cayenne0622

My hair is fine/medium texture. Its very fine around the front and nape. It was only on those two areas about 5 mins and I'm very straight...not bone straight because it was only a few minutes but straighter than I expected with such a short time. It was on the crown the longest and that area is bone straight.

I love the relaxer though. Mild will be my staple. I just KNOW IT!! :p

shunta

MizaniMami said:
Geez, maybe I should go for the mild huh? My sis is a 4b and her hair is soooo texlaxed from the relaxer. So I thought since we are twins maybe I could go with the regular.

Glad you had a great experience.
Hey, Im afraid of that too. How long did she leave it on?

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Well to the club! Once I get finished with the regular (I have about one more touch up left in the jar), I'm going to switch to mild also.

MizaniMami

shunta said:
Hey, Im afraid of that too. How long did she leave it on?

She says it took her about 20 minutes to apply and she says she kept it on for about 25-30 mintes!:eek: :eek: :eek: Child, I didn't know this.

She says that she is sooo texlaxed. Did I tell yall that this girl is like a 4z.

nomoweavesfome

ok now I'm excited!I just bought the Silk Elements relaxer from Sally's today after spending 45 minutes wandering the aisle between ORS and silk elements. Silk Elements won. But now I'm scurred. I got regular!!!

The young gal also gave me this stuff to put IN the relaxer so it won't burn. These little packets called care and comfort made with bio-kur concentrate. ya'll heard of that? it says it is supposed to stop itching, burning scalp when added to bleach, toner or permanent wave.

I'm so glad u had an awesome experience.

sooo- u got pics??

Cayenne0622

nomoweavesfome said:
ok now I'm excited!I just bought the Silk Elements relaxer from Sally's today after spending 45 minutes wandering the aisle between ORS and silk elements. Silk Elements won. But now I'm scurred. I got regular!!!

The young gal also gave me this stuff to put IN the relaxer so it won't burn. These little packets called care and comfort made with bio-kur concentrate. ya'll heard of that? it says it is supposed to stop itching, burning scalp when added to bleach, toner or permanent wave.

sooo- u got pics??

Thanks!
I actually took a couple of pics this morning and then left the camera at home. I'll try to post them tonight when I get home. I'm very pleased so just base the decision on your hair type. I have always used regular relaxers. Earlier this year I discovered that my hair is fine enough to where I should have been using mild all along. Using stronger relaxers may have been the culprit in some of my hair issues. Just decide whether you have thick or thin hair and whether its coarse or not. I would say the regular could easily hook you up if you have thick and mildly coarse hair. If you have a ton of thick, can barely comb your hair when you need a relaxer, you may have to go with the regular or even the super for that matter. My lil strands only requre mild.

tenderheaded

:grin: :grin: Silk Elements all the way!!! I'm glad you like it too. I'm 4a/4b and use regular. I relax and rinse in sections so it's perfect for me. I relaxed on 8/28 and I'm still silky and smooth.

Let's convert the rest of the world:)

plainj

Welcome to the club. :yay: I'm glad you had a good experience. This IS a very nice relaxer. Who's next to join?! LOL

kbody4

I relaxed with Silk Elements Mild, and my hair is still straight. I'm going into my fourth week :D !! Let's keep spreading the word!!

MizaniMami

nomoweavesfome said:

sooo- u got pics??

No I have never heard of that. It's Called "Care and Comfort' And it's made by Bio-Kur?

I will def. check that out.

nomoweavesfome

thanks cayenne. I have 4a/b 3c in the back hair. not to thick not to thin but more so thin than thick.
I found in the past when I used mild relaxers it wasn't taking enough but yet regular was somewhat strong. I wish they had a formula between mild and regular. hmmm (my lab antennas are coming up)

well - i suppose I'll try the reg and see how it goes.

tenderheaded- are you really tenderheaded? and you had no burn issues with this relaxer?

nomoweavesfome

MizaniMami said:
No I have never heard of that. It's Called "Care and Comfort' And it's made by Bio-Kur?

I will def. check that out.

yep it's called care and comfort made with bio-kur concentrate. little packets 1/6 fl. oz.

BUT HOLD UP YA'LL I THINK I GOT THE WRONG ONE!!! :whyme: AS MUCH AS I SEE THAT RED JAR SHOW UP ON THIS WEBSITE I GOT THE BROWN JAR WITH SHEA BUTTER!!!!! :wallbash:

ANYONE TRIED THIS ONE?????

Cayenne0622

CreoleBelle said:
OT: Cayenne and Shunta, are y'all coming to the Houston meet & greet on Sept. 30th????

I'll have to let you know. Originally, I didn't think I'd be able to make it but my plans are kinda all over the place now. I should know for sure next week so I'll check the board for the meeting and let you know.

Thanks for the reminder. It slipped my mind altogether.

Thanks for responding everybody. I'm glad to finally be one of those people with results instead of always having a ton of questions. hehehehe

kandegirl

If the little packets of Care and Comfort are white w/ green writing then I've used them. I used to put them in my perms a long time ago when I did them myself and I didn't want to burn. They really work and I use two. And I got mine at SAlly's too. It's a well kept secret that more women should know about.

EishBuhgeish

I think I may convert over from an Affirm (regular). I've heard soooo much about SE, I went out and bought their foaming styling lotion.

I've been eyeing the relaxer but I've never put in a lye perm by myself. I know, I'm a chicken, but its been a while since I've relaxed my hair by myself and when I did that, I was over/under processed.

Anyway- what products from this line are really good?

nomoweavesfome

kandegirl said:
If the little packets of Care and Comfort are white w/ green writing then I've used them. I used to put them in my perms a long time ago when I did them myself and I didn't want to burn. They really work and I use two. And I got mine at SAlly's too. It's a well kept secret that more women should know about.

YEAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U MADE MY DAY RIGHT DERE!!!!:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: YEP THAT'S THEM!!!

shunta

CreoleBelle said:
OT: Cayenne and Shunta, are y'all coming to the Houston meet & greet on Sept. 30th????
What?!:eek: I didnt know there was gonna be a meet and greet!!! Ooh I wanna come. I wonder how far is Houston from El Paso? Yes, I said El Paso. The only reason Im here is cuz my husband is in the army. But I wanna come!!!:grin:

Cayenne0622

Finally had time to download a pic of my results from the SE Relaxer. Again, my hair bone straight from using the regular so next time I will be using mild. Great Relaxer.

Fe hair 9-06 010.jpg