Silk Elements Relaxer

yourleoqueen

I wonder if the Sally's in the uh, 'non-ethnic' areas have trouble keeping it in stock. I'll check that out Friday. Some Sally's will order stuff for you if they are out. If I can't find any I will have the lady order me a couple. Ya'll may have to do the same.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
yourleoqueen said:
I wonder if the Sally's in the uh, 'non-ethnic' areas have trouble keeping it in stock. I'll check that out Friday. Some Sally's will order stuff for you if they are out. If I can't find any I will have the lady order me a couple. Ya'll may have to do the same.

This might be true. The lady at the Sally's near my school said they weren't getting a lot of demand for it so they stopped carrying it. I asked about the ordering for customers thing and she said they couldn't but I think she was lying because she doesn't like me that much.

They get a shipment tomorrow, so I'm going on Friday to see and to get a head start on September's sale.

tenderheaded

shunta said:
I have finally jumped on the Silk Elements bandwagon. Yesterday, my stylist relaxed my hair with the Megasilk lye in reguar, and the end results were spectacular. Im 4a/b, and my hair is pretty thick. At first, I didnt think it would take too well because my last lye relaxer (Elasta QP mild) didnt do so well. Needless to say, I was bone straight!! Im sooo thankful for all of you ladies' suggestions. I think I have found a keeper!!!;)

Did you notice how full your hair felt? I just did my second SE touch up and I'm still amazed:eek: I have the 4 lb tub ( on sale Aug for $9.99) and one of the ingredients is collagen. No wonder our hair feels so good!

Keep it swinging:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

kbody4

shunta said:
I have finally jumped on the Silk Elements bandwagon. Yesterday, my stylist relaxed my hair with the Megasilk lye in reguar, and the end results were spectacular. Im 4a/b, and my hair is pretty thick. At first, I didnt think it would take too well because my last lye relaxer (Elasta QP mild) didnt do so well. Needless to say, I was bone straight!! Im sooo thankful for all of you ladies' suggestions. I think I have found a keeper!!!;)

Yeah Shunta!!! :woot: I know I can't wait until my next touch up :lol:

Cayenne0622

I bought my SE Regular relaxer yesterday even though I won't be relaxing until about 2 weeks from now. Even though my hair is fine/medium texture I was scared to get the mild because I never used SE before and I didn't want to end up underprocessed. I bought the proclaim neutralizer but I also noticed that Elasta QP has a good neutralizer that doesn't have the SLS in it that Proclaim has. Has anyone used Elasta's neutralizer before? I can't decide which one I'm going to use when I do my relaxer.

I'm so excited! I can't wait!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

So I retouched my daughters hair today w/the Silk Elements regular lye relaxer and I must say it straightened her hair great, no burning at all and no relaxer smell. The only thing that will have me returning this product back to Sally's is the fact that it leaves the hair feeling dry. I think if Vitale's Revive Cond. and especially the Neutralizing poo (very moisturizing) wasn't so moisturizing and aided in leaving her hair w/some moisture put back and that silkiness I always feel when I rinse out the Vitale relaxer, her hair would have been left really dry. For me the Vitale relaxer leaves my hair straight, moisturized, silky and shiney right after rinsing out the Vitale relxer the hair has never felt like a chemical service was just performed. So I will stick w/Vitale.
Silk Element reminds me of TCB Bone Straight, I use to love this relaxer until met Vitale Life and Body.

shunta

tenderheaded said:
Did you notice how full your hair felt? I just did my second SE touch up and I'm still amazed:eek: I have the 4 lb tub ( on sale Aug for $9.99) and one of the ingredients is collagen. No wonder our hair feels so good!

Keep it swinging:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
I know thats right!! Im gone keep it swinging, too!!:grin:

KhandiB

I like Proclaims and EQP's the same..

i like Proclaims smell :)

Unfortunately; I had to stray from Silk Elements :(

Cayenne0622 said:
I bought my SE Regular relaxer yesterday even though I won't be relaxing until about 2 weeks from now. Even though my hair is fine/medium texture I was scared to get the mild because I never used SE before and I didn't want to end up underprocessed. I bought the proclaim neutralizer but I also noticed that Elasta QP has a good neutralizer that doesn't have the SLS in it that Proclaim has. Has anyone used Elasta's neutralizer before? I can't decide which one I'm going to use when I do my relaxer.

I'm so excited! I can't wait!

lala

I self-relaxed with this relaxer today (only b/c my hairdresser has gone on strike/retired/couldn't buy DE w/o license). It got my hair super straight, but the regular strength was too strong for my scalp/hair, I could've used the mild.

shunta

lala said:
I self-relaxed with this relaxer today (only b/c my hairdresser has gone on strike/retired/couldn't buy DE w/o license). It got my hair super straight, but the regular strength was too strong for my scalp/hair, I could've used the mild.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The regular got me bone straight, so next time I think I will use the mild.