silk elements shea butter lye or silk elements olive oil lye relaxer?

pink219

If you have used these which do you prefer?

I am looking to use one of these maybe...although I call myself giving up on lye relaxers, because I like my hair bone straight. I have 4a/b/c hair and I need something strong that will straighten everything out.

I prefer to use the "regular" formula instead of the coarse formula (don't want anything too strong, unless you would say the "coarse" formula isn't that strong...)

Any thoughts/opinions?? Thanks.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/silk-elements-relaxer/SILKEL28,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair07

http://www.sallybeauty.com/olive-oil-Relaxer/SBS-373605,default,pd.html

Last edited:

Dposh167

i have used both.
I used the shea butter formula when i was bone straight. Now i use the olive oil formula to texlax my hair.

Silk Elements period isn't a fast acting relaxer. You really have to smooth the heck outta your hair to get it bone straight.

naturalpride

I use the shea butter formula in mild. I like it, but I don't relax bone straight only texlax. If I left it in longer and smooth the relaxer in it would be straight though.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
i have used both.
I used the shea butter formula when i was bone straight. Now i use the olive oil formula to texlax my hair.

Silk Elements period isn't a fast acting relaxer. You really have to smooth the heck outta your hair to get it bone straight.

Ditto this!

I've been using the Shea Butter in regular strength. It gives you plenty of time to work, but I don't usually get my hair as straight as I'd like. However, you'd have a really difficult time overprocessing your hair with it, so it's a "safe bet" of a relaxer if there is such a thing. It is comparable to Mizani Butter Blends IMO.

Trish5889

Just relaxed with the olive oil mega silk.. Love it!!! I went to a salon and let them put it in. The stylist was very impressed with this product... She kept asking me questions; how much?? Where did I buy it??. And she kept saying how soft it was. I personally just started my hair journey but have been relaxed over 20 years.. And my money will only go to silk elements relaxers untill I find somthing better.