Shea Moisture leave in???

Cali*Rocks

Okay ladies so I recently bought three bottles of the shea moisture leave in after finding out that my hair loooooves pure shea butter. But when I tried this leave in I didnt give me any slip and my 10 months post hair was soo hard to detangle:nono: ANYBODY using this and loving it??? All suggestions welcome. I would hate to have to toss this:wallbash::wallbash:

Aggie

Hi Cali, I only use the kids organic shea butter moisturizer leave-in and I don't know if this is the same thin your are talking about. The thing is I don't use it as a leave-in but as a daily moisturizer with better results. For my leave-in, I use Profectiv Anti-Tangle Leave in conditioner in the purple bottle. It's great as a wonderful detangler. For slip, I use my deep conditioners for that, not my leave-ins.

chebaby

my hair loves shea butter too. but there are certain products with shea butter that still doesnt work for me. i have never used this product but it could be all the other ingre. that bothers your hair. try using it on dry hair like a butter rather than on wet hair.

Cali*Rocks

my hair loves shea butter too. but there are certain products with shea butter that still doesnt work for me. i have never used this product but it could be all the other ingre. that bothers your hair. try using it on dry hair like a butter rather than on wet hair.

Okay thanks I'll try it that way

shawny86

I bought it maybe two weeks ago and i really like it so far. I use it as a daily moisturizure and leave in. I havent had any problem with detangling. Sorry you didnt have success with the product.

LABETT

I bought 3 bottles month ago because it was on sale for $1.59.
I liked it at first and then it seem to leave my hair kinda of coated and does not work with co washing daily.

Cali*Rocks

I bought it maybe two weeks ago and i really like it so far. I use it as a daily moisturizure and leave in. I havent had any problem with detangling. Sorry you didnt have success with the product.

So you use it as a moisturizer on straight hair?? because I just read the ingredients and noticed water was first. Do you think it will make my flat ironed hair revert???

Cali*Rocks

I bought 3 bottles month ago because it was on sale for $1.59.
I liked it at first and then it seem to leave my hair kinda of coated and does not work with co washing daily.
Okay im really mad now :wallbash: i paid 10 dollars a piece and I do feel like I notice the coating too. But then again I have only used it on wet hair so I'll probably try it on dry hair like some of the other ladies have suggested. Did you use it on wet or dry hair?

Aggie

Hi aggie:hiya: Thanks for responding. So are you using your deep conditioner as a leave in?? Or using it as a deep conditioner and then detangling? Whats your deep conditioner of choice. TIA
Oh and the leave in I was referring to http://www.treasuredlocks.com/shemoisshebu1.html[/quote]

You're welcomed Cali. I use my deep conditioner first then I use a leave-in detangler afterwards. And no honey, I have nver used this one you talk about here. Good luck on finding a leave-in detangler that agrees with your hair okay?

empressri

I use the sheam OVER my karen's body beautiful hair milk. That way, my hair is slippery before I put it on! Then I use IC fantasia gel with sparkle lites over it.

naturalmanenyc

I was using Shea Moisture leave-in on wet hair but my hair didn't like it as much (not much slip). I used a few products to rollerset when I used Shea Moisture. Now I use it on dry hair and it works much better for me.

chebaby

So you use it as a moisturizer on straight hair?? because I just read the ingredients and noticed water was first. Do you think it will make my flat ironed hair revert???
wheni wear my hair straight i use keracare creme hairdress and the first ingr. is water and my hair never reverts.

Kimiche

Okay im really mad now :wallbash: i paid 10 dollars a piece and I do feel like I notice the coating too. But then again I have only used it on wet hair so I'll probably try it on dry hair like some of the other ladies have suggested. Did you use it on wet or dry hair?

Cali, try it on dry hair. :yep: I put it on while my hair was wet and it didn't work out for me at all. My hair was hard to comb with no slip whatsoever. I had it sitting on my shelf for a few months until someone somewhere on this board or another board mentioned that they like it on dry hair. I tried it, and I like it better on my hair when it's dry. I would never put it on my hair while it's wet again.