SheaMoisture Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner?

inthepink

Has anyone heard of or used this product? I found a link to this product from another hair site where they raved about it.

Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner

SheaMoisture Leave-In Conditioner with Pro-Vitamin B 5 Complex is essential in protecting all types of hair from stretching and breakage during combing. As you work in this supple conditioner its detangling agents naturally separate wet hair as the shea butter immediately restores vital moisture and the vitamins strengthen each hair shaft. This exclusive formula leaves hair soft and manageable throughout the day, preventing frizzyness, brittleness and other conditions that render hair easily breakable and damaged. Use SheaMoisture Leave-in Conditioner immediately after shampooing to instantly replenish lost moisture and strengthen hair. Then, apply SheaMoisture Shea Butter on scalp to moisturize and soothe as needed. This is also excellent for use as a daily moisturizer.

Ingredients:
Shea Butter, Deionized Water, Herbal Complex, Panthenol, Centrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cocoa Butter, Aloe Butter, Jojoba OIl, Vitamin E.

NO perfumes or fragrances

My hand is sitting on my wallet as I write this. This is the best sounding product I've read about in a long time and I'm always on the lookout for a decent leave-in.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
It does sound good. Get it!

inthepink

I went ahead and bought it! I found a site where it was $8.00 and $4.90 for shipping so I'm getting the product for a little over $12. It should arrive in 5-10 business days. I can't wait to try it!

The treasured locks site is very interesting and has a lot of info in addition to other prodcuts that seem to have very good ingredients. Has anyone purchased from this site before?

inthepink

I ordered from sheabutterplus.com and I just got a personal shipping confirmation for tomorrow! Sounds good for a Sunday order!

G

Yes, they're open 7 days a week..interesting. I'm going to check out this site.

G

I checked out the site....I didn't know you can use shea butter on animals/pets.

LadyJ

I use it, after i wash my hair and its very moisturizing... a great product!!!! but in New York it is only 5.99 in the BSS

mytia

SuperWoman!
This sounds good, but I told myself that I wouldn't buy another product this month.
Oh well so much for that, let me go get my purse.

NAY007

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Please post a review once you've tried it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes please!!!!

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
NAY007 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Please post a review once you've tried it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes please!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure will!

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
mytialpn said:
This sounds good, but I told myself that I wouldn't buy another product this month.
Oh well so much for that, let me go get my purse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peachi

I am not sure if this a new product but I think they've had this out for quite a while now. I bought it last summer. I have 4b natural hair and it was okay...I didn't buy another one after I ran out.

LadyJ

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Thanks, LadyJ - I am guessing that it is creamy?

[/ QUOTE ]

it is very thick and creamy, so a little goes a long way

curtrece

I have this product, but have not used it since the first time. I didn't care for it as a leave in on wet hair, but have foundit better as a mosiurizer on dry hair. Good luck!
BTW-- it does smell very good!

Spagirl

[ QUOTE ]
curtrece said:
I didn't care for it as a leave in on wet hair, but have foundit better as a mosiurizer on dry hair. Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I haven't used it maybe since last summer and had to refer back to the PJ confession thread. I classified it as a moisturizer as well. I think the slight feel of glycerin was something I didn't really care for. Other than that it was kind of okay.

Allandra

I've seen this product in a local bss. I'll have to stop in and check out the price and give it the sniff test.

Edie

I have tried this product. I love it. It is very moisturzing. I used it as a leave in. The only problem is that I can't find it any more. It was about 7 dollars a bottle if I remember correctly.

NubianAngel

Ive used it before. Some people find it to be gritty and greasy, but I actually liked it. I liked the smell better than Kemi Oyl's Shea Butter Pomade, but I didn't buy it again because I started using the kemi product. As far as moisturizing, I would only compare it with other butters/oil based products. Also, I can see it weighing your hair down if you usually use lighter products and oils.

Spagirl

[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
curtrece said:
I didn't care for it as a leave in on wet hair, but have foundit better as a mosiurizer on dry hair. Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I haven't used it maybe since last summer and had to refer back to the PJ confession thread. I classified it as a moisturizer as well. I think the slight feel of glycerin was something I didn't really care for. Other than that it was kind of okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just rubbed some vegetable glycerin between my fingers and it has a nice slippery feel to it. This is not the cause of the slight feel (princess and the pea) of something I didn't care for in the SheaMoisture. I tested the SheaMoisture again (rub between the fingers test). After it absorbed completely, the feel I was referring to is the same feel I get when I use some of those moisturizing sprays that are used for the curly perms (jerri curls).

Many will enjoy this product. The almost all natural ingredients list is great! Since the remaining residue feel I experienced is so slight (coupled with an impressive ingredients list), this might be the reason I found 2 bottles of the SheaMoisture Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioner in my PJ Stash this morning!

Allandra

Last night, I went to a local bss to check this product out. After I did the sniff test, I was
. It smelled so good, I just HAD to purchase it.
I haven't used it yet though.