SheaMoisture Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner?

inthepink

Funny, Allandra!!

Well, sheabutterplus.com proved to be really fast with shipping! I received my order today which actually could have been yesterday b/c I didn't check my mail till today.

Allandra's right. This stuff smells wonderful. I just applied some quickly to my ponytail and I can tell that it's definitely a water-based product. I am excited to see what it's like as a leave-in.

Haleni

You can buy it online at treasuredlocks.com. It costs $10.oo a bottle but I think it is work it. I don't know what brand others are using, but this works great and smells even better.

inthepink

How much did you pay for your bottle, Allandra?

Haleni - The site where I purchased, it was $8...$12 for shipping and I got it in 3 days.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Expensive

SherryLove

Yes....I have used it in the past, and it is great for keeping your ends moist. I think you will like it....

Spagirl

Today I went from the finger test (to recall previous experience) to putting it on my hair. I didn't care for it. The residue feel irritated me to no end. My hair was previously washed 2 days ago and I had been experimenting with butters (Shea) and oils (Surge Lotion Motion #9). Grant you it could have been a build up/additive effect. I then rinsed out my hair with water and apply the leave-in again and dried for a while w/a bonnet dryer still no luck. At that point I shampoo and condititioned my hair but was pressed for time so I was too afraid to put it in my hair again.

When I used it before it wasn't this bad but I don't remember the circumstances in which it worked where I could tolerate it.
Maybe I started with freshly washed hair or the season in which I used it helped but whatever the case this product isn't versatile enoungh for me.

I hope the rest of you have better luck. I look forward to hearing your experiences.

<<one day I'll take the time and keep a journal>>

Allandra

Last night, I shampooed my hair and did a deep conditioning (Aubrey Organics GPB w/heat for 10 minutes). After detangling my hair with Pantene Detangle Light Spray Conditioner, I put it in a bun and let it dry. I applied the Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner to my hair today (hair was slightly damp). I like the way this product leaves my hair feeling (nice and soft). I tried it on freshly shampooed / conditioned hair so I could see how it really made my hair feel. I think this is a great products (especially since I wear my hair up 99.99% of the time). Of course, I wouldn't use this on my hair after a roller wrap (or flat ironing) because it's just way too thick for that style (imo). If I wore my hair out wavy, I would use this product. It gave my waves a lot of umph.

Spagirl

Allandra, I'm glad you didn't make the mistakes I did and it worked out for you.

One question, how much did you use (dime, quarter, etc. amount) when you applied the SheaMoisture?

Girl, I noted you used AO GPB. I think I read on another thread that sometimes when a product doesn't preform as expected the hair might be in need of protein (please correct if my recall is not right). I know I'm loooong over due for some protein.

Thanks again for sharing the method you used. When I get back to using this product again I will be taking yours and other members methods of success to help me use up this product.

Spagirl

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
I parted my hair in four sections, and I used less than a quarter size amount on each section. HTH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes that helps.

Haleni

I have used the shea butter leave in. It does moisturize, but it is very thick, use sparingly. It smells awesome. I have purchased form Treasured Locks, several times. Service is great, I've never had any problems. I found another site where it is cheaper than $8.00. Check out www.guesso.com. I haven't gotten my order yet, but shopping was easy.

Nice

There are Beauty Supply stores in Queens, NY (165 Jamaica Ave) that sells this product :) .