Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In vs. Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-In

Which is better?

• Cantu ROCKS!!! :thumbsup:

Votes: 63 61.8%
  • Shea Moisture is my baby daddy!!! :blondboob

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • I got something better. Wrote a song about it, like ta hear it? Here it go!!! :grin:

Votes: 11 10.8%

• Total voters

countrychickd

I love Cantu Shea Butter Leave In! My staple leave in conditioner. I don't think I'll ever stray. I've tried Giovanni Direct, and I like it, but nothing beats Cantu for me.

Libra08

I've never used the cantu and probably never will, but I absolutely LOVE SheaMoisture! Definitely a staple for me!

chosen07

I really wanted to like the cantu shea butter as a leave-in. it gave good definition for my twist out but my scalp HATED it. I'm not sure what's in the ingredients but something my scalp doesn't like. I then tried the shea moisture leave-in. like the cantu shea butter, it gave good definition for my styles but the one thing both of them did that I dont like- my hair takes longer to dry.I found that the shea moisture worked better for the wash'n'go than the giovanni leave-in so I will definitely hold on to the Shea Moisture! I will always love my Giovanni direct leave-in, its not as thick as either of the above-mentioned but this too has its place; in fact there's enough space in my hair arsenal for both.

YoungWavey

Cantu all the way!!! love the smell and the texture...a lil does go a long way. My mother use a "generous" amount meaning to *her* a handful leaving her hair hard and dry. lol She finally got the point.

tetbelle

I voted for Cantu. I use Cantu as a styling conditioner. When I use it my curls are shiny and soft. I get great results sometimes and so so other times. I have to figure out the exact amount that works for my hair it seems like a lot goes a long way for me and I use a Denman brush to distribute it. Shea Moisture I used a long time ago and had good results with it. It really adds moisture to dry hair...hmmm I think I need to revisit it.

For some reason I couldn't get with the Cantu at all. The smell and texture just feel off to me. The SheaMoisture, though, has been really good for adding moisture, especially when I stretch for weeks.

cltsassy

I loooooooooove Cantu Shea Butter.:spinning: It makes my hair so soft and easy to detangle. In May, I put yarn braids in my hair for the first time. I worried that my hair would be dry when I took the braids out. I put the Cantu on my hair before I put the yarn in and when I was taking the yarn out. My hair was so soft and moisturized when I took the braids down. The Cantu also helped me to detangle the few knots that I got in my hair.

Ronnieaj

I swear I must have the driest hair on the planet, because I can load up on the Cantu with no problem at all. I haven't tried the Shea Moisture on my natural hair; I tried it on relaxed hair and had the WORST time combing through afterward.I love the smell but it provided zero moisture to me.

Fhrizzball

cantu didn't leave my hair hard or dry but it left flakes. It's sad because if it wasn't for that I would be still using it. I didn't even use alot at all or used it with other products. I love the smell.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I Purchased Cantu about a month ago, it's actually the Cantu Shea Soft Daily Shea Butter Oil Moisturizer I Like it. (And I am "funny" about certain Products):look:

I don't use it everyday, But so far, so good. It leaves my hair really moisturized and it's very pleasant smelling. I have not noticed any significant build up dispite the "ingredients".:ohwell:

However, after reviewing the ingredients, they aren't the greatest.:perplexed So, I will continue to evaluate this product to see if it will be a repurchase.

nakialovesshoes

I have a curl & I use the Cantu. I usually spray some water on my hair & work a little in & baggy overnight. My hair is usually soft & shiny the next morning. I've had the same jar for months so I don't use it all the time but I do like it.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
When I was natural, Cantu Shea Butter leave in was terrible on my hair. It was just thick and goopy and hard. I used it since relaxing and it was "Meh." I find Garnier Fructis' Leave-in conditioner to be much lighter and more pliable.

CTBhair

I LOOOOVE Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave In COnditioner! :grin::grin::grin:

I use it combined with devacare one conditioner as a leave in for my twists. My twists come out soooooo moisturized and beautiful. I also use it for moisture between co-washes or washes. I was just having a conversation with a friend I bought a bottle for, and she loves it. However, when I go to the company's website, it is not listed as one of their products. I was going to see about bulk ordering. I just hope that they still make it, but it is just not listed on the website. I hate getting used to a product and then it is not made anymore.

I have never used the Cantu Shea Butter Leave In. I read the ingredients and was not too impressed. I also have a friend that uses it on her hair, and it always looks so hard and stiff to me. :nono: I like my hair to be moisturized but with a little life.:yep:

This is a picutre of fresh hair untwisted using devacare and shea moisture as leave ins.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 14

Sweet_Ambrosia

I started using Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In this summer (dunno why I slept on it for so long) and I love it for my braid/twistouts. I have yet to try it for rollersets and wash-n-go's, I'm sure it will work just as well. :lick:

Also just to add: It's best to use it alone w/o any other additional products (natural oils seem to be the exception) it works best on wet/damp hair, and a little does go a long way. :up:

melodies815

I have used Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In on top of Aloe Vera Gel and Shea butter...and it worked very well! As long as I don't use anything with cones, I get no white balls.

Great product, depending on what you are trying to do!

cj