Sew in weave questions please!

GeorginaSparks

I relaxed on Monday and plan on getting a sew in weave on Sunday. Is that too soon? This will be my first time ever. Also, the girl that will be doing it for me said i should get human hair for straight hair and synthetic for curly hair. What is a good brand that isnt too expensive and wont tangle?

Energee

I relaxed on Monday and plan on getting a sew in weave on Sunday. Is that too soon? This will be my first time ever. Also, the girl that will be doing it for me said i should get human hair for straight hair and synthetic for curly hair. What is a good brand that isnt too expensive and wont tangle?

I had a sew in weave (my first one) last year. I used it to grow my hair out to the length it is now (first goal full shoulder length. Started at above ear length). I'd started my hair journey a couple of months before the sewn in. So I was already about 6-8 weeks post relaxer when I had it put in. I did not put a relaxer in again the entire time I wore the sew in. So I'm not sure if a week is too soon or not but for me..I think it would have been too soon. I would think the cornrows would hold better when you have some new growth (but that's just my opinion):yep:.

As for hair recommendations. I only used Extensions Plus Relaxed Texture and it's one of the best out there. You can only order it directly from them. It does not tangle, mat, or shed (if it had I would have taken it right out). I had no problems with it. I wore it for a year and I still have it to reinstall if I want. It's really good hair and the relaxed texture is a great match for those with 4a/b texlaxed hair and those transitioning. It's a dead match for most 4a/b hair texture. I have some pictures of me with in my Fotki. Some will say it's expensive but I don't think it was (I also never had experience with other hair to compare prices). With the wear I got out of it and can still get out of it if I wish and on top of that it wasn't difficult for me to care for...it was worth every penny and I'd buy it again. HTH

gorgeoushair

I recommend you wait at least 2 weeks after your relaxer. As far as hair, how much are you wanting to spend?

kandegirl

I recommend you wait at least two weeks and make sure you do a good deep conditioning before you put it in. And use some braid spray and diluted infusium on your hair will its weaved up and it should be o.k.

For hair I use Sensationel. And it can be kept up pretty well with Sunsilk Anti Friz Con. and Granier Fruitis Shampoo and Con.

Or you can try Hallyscurls.com. I haven't tried there hair but I plan to order some soon and it's very resonable.

Faithfullover

When I used to get my hair sewed in I would alwyas wait until I saw new growth. Whenever I got it done right after I relaxed it would always loosen too fast. Even now that I use the clip in weave I still wait until I have some new growth to keep it from being too stressful on my hair. Even though its cheap I use the Princess Yaky when I make my clip in extensions because it matches the texture of my hair so much that no one knows this isn't all my hair :sekret:. And because I only buy the 12 inch in black it's only $7.99 a pack. It usually lasts me about a month to a month and a half before I redo them. I could wear them longer than that but that's around the time I think they start to look tacky so I just redo them

HTH

Mya

GeorginaSparks

When I used to get my hair sewed in I would alwyas wait until I saw new growth. Whenever I got it done right after I relaxed it would always loosen too fast. Even now that I use the clip in weave I still wait until I have some new growth to keep it from being too stressful on my hair. Even though its cheap I use the Princess Yaky when I make my clip in extensions because it matches the texture of my hair so much that no one knows this isn't all my hair :sekret:. And because I only buy the 12 inch in black it's only $7.99 a pack. It usually lasts me about a month to a month and a half before I redo them. I could wear them longer than that but that's around the time I think they start to look tacky so I just redo them

HTH

Mya

Thanks a lot! So do you guys agree on using Human hair for straight hair and synthetic for curly?

glamazon386

That's not too bad. I'd wait a week or two myself. Just make sure she doesn't pull your hair tight. Are you looking for BSS hair or do you intend on wearing the hair for an extended period of time (meaning reusing it)? If this is your first weave and you're not sure, get BSS hair. Go to the store and actually look and find a texture that is close to yours. I used to buy Sensationnel Premium new Yaki because it was fine like my hair is. My friend used to buy Milky Way because it looked more coarse in the pack like her hair was. If you plan on reusing it, you might as well get the EP like some ladies here have suggested. Your stylist was right about going synthetic with the curly though. BSS curly and wavy human hairs tangle and mat after about the 3rd wash. They end up looking like a birds nest. I always buy synthetic curly unless I'm getting the Goddess Remy hair.

balisi

Sunbasque, I think one week is too soon. You should wait at least two weeks. I agree about the straight/human vs. curly/synthetic.

Energee

I recommend you wait at least two weeks and make sure you do a good deep conditioning before you put it in. And use some braid spray and diluted infusium on your hair will its weaved up and it should be o.k.

For hair I use Sensationel. And it can be kept up pretty well with Sunsilk Anti Friz Con. and Granier Fruitis Shampoo and Con.

Or you can try Hallyscurls.com. I haven't tried there hair but I plan to order some soon and it's very resonable.

:yep: definitely take care of your own hair while you have the weave in..better than you even care for the weave. I had mine taken down every 6 weeks to be washed and deep conditioned. I also kept my scalp as clean as I could and kept my hair well moisturized underneath with a good leave in and jojoba oil mix (I would spray it on).